Crafting Interface

Degarmo

I was thinking about something. One of the biggest issues a guild faces with crafting (other than viability of being a crafter at all) is distribution.

It would be nice to see an interface that is crafting based which arranges all the crafters of the guild into their professions, by crafting level, and then when you click on them show you their schematics that they know (what items they can make), what materials it takes to make those things and perhaps let the crafter set their own cost on making such an item.

Right now we can already look at others' schematics if they are next to us, but having it available in a guild crafter panel like that would be helpful.

Hell, take it a step further and make it a crafter's registry where you could access any registered crafter (perhaps have fees to be in the crafting union) and people could set prices for items and make them on demand. That seems like it would bolster the economy of crafting and garner people communicating with each other.

There could be kiosks around just like the GTN is now.

I think this kind of idea could really help make crafting more profitable, and get more gear out to people who don't get to check the GTN all that often, as they could just put in orders for things from crafters themselves.

Edited by Degarmo

I was thinking about something. One of the biggest issues a guild faces with crafting (other than viability of being a crafter at all) is distribution.

It would be nice to see an interface that is crafting based which arranges all the crafters of the guild into their professions, by crafting level, and then when you click on them show you their schematics that they know (what items they can make), what materials it takes to make those things and perhaps let the crafter set their own cost on making such an item.

Right now we can already look at others' schematics if they are next to us, but having it available in a guild crafter panel like that would be helpful.

Hell, take it a step further and make it a crafter's registry where you could access any registered crafter (perhaps have fees to be in the crafting union) and people could set prices for items and make them on demand. That seems like it would bolster the economy of crafting and garner people communicating with each other.

There could be kiosks around just like the GTN is now.

I think this kind of idea could really help make crafting more profitable, and get more gear out to people who don't get to check the GTN all that often, as they could just put in orders for things from crafters themselves.

This is a good idea ok.