The Mandalorian Title

Tricky-Ha

sorry SPOILERS sorry

As as Bounty Hunter, we get many titles. My favorite is Homewrecker. I got that from wrecking the marraige(sp?) on Alderaan in our class story. Us Bounty Hunter's don't get a Mandalorian title yet tho, but the story Dev said we might.

We do get to meet Mand'alor the Vindicated in our class story, he even crowns us as his Heir to the crown so that he can move on because of the stories he'd heard about our battles during our class story. The NPC's in this game know what we've been doing.

Did any of you get a TITLE at this point in your story progression? I don't think I did, not a new title anyways.

Y'see, Erickson answered a question in this week's Q&A for us Bounty Hunters that would like to have the Mandalorian title.

DevTheSith: Can Bounty Hunters get a [Name] The Mandalorian title (or if it’s already in game, where is it)?

Daniel Erickson (Lead Game Designer): Currently, there is no such title available for Bounty Hunters. It may be added as part of a future content update, but we’ve got no current plans to add it to the existing game.

Pretty boring answer, wasn't it?

If he was going to add the Mandalorian title into our class story & was looking for the place to put it in that would take the least amount of effort, like right now...that place could be after our Bounty Hunter class story scene where we're having a drink with Mand'alor, the Defenestrator, Jew'la & Bloodworthy.

That would be perfect, Kandosii!

Edited by Tricky-Ha

What kind of mandalorian title do you want, the actual "Herp Derp the Mandalorian"? or "Derp'ika"?

There's so many desirable titles that don't have to say specifically "The Mandalorian". "Supercommando" is one off the top of my head.

Kind of strange to actually need your name to say "the Mandalorian" just to feel like one... I thought it was all about the culture and the armor... must be me.:rolleyes:

What kind of mandalorian title do you want, the actual "Herp Derp the Mandalorian"? or "Derp'ika"?

There's so many desirable titles that don't have to say specifically "The Mandalorian". "Supercommando" is one off the top of my head.

Kind of strange to actually need your name to say "the Mandalorian" just to feel like one... I thought it was all about the culture and the armor... must be me.:rolleyes:

I feel like a Mandalorian every day.

Don't need a title to say so. Besides, there's plenty of BH's out there who accept Manda'lor's offer, then dont act a thing like Mandalorians, and don't deserve such a title. :p

The problem is that Mandalore's offer is a storytelling crossroads, not an accomplishment. Some people reject it. If you're going to offer a title for going left at a crossroads, you must also offer a title for going right. If you got a title for one option and not for the other, people would be more likely to pick the one that rewards the title without caring what it means. And that would be lame.

I think a title like this would be better awarded at some point in the future where the character's choice, of mandalorian or not, becomes important, where people who rejected the offer have a chance at a different association and thus a different title.