My sorc DPS build after 1.2 hits

ISDcaptain

i know we all will miss the wrath + CL combo, but we have to move on

the only solution i see is to lightning barrage combo + (wrath & crushing darkness combo)

we still have our stuns and 10s off the CD of force speed, so its become more of a control class rather than a burst class

anyway here is my build when 1.2 hits

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201Zfc0rbMrZcrfosMk.1

i guess if affliction crits, then cutting ur cast time in half for force lightning might somewhat be able to compensate for the loss of CL,

for what? pvp? you've clearly taken some pvp talents over clear dps gain talents. you might as well go full lightning if you need lit barrage.

face it, hybrid spec will be dead in 1.2.

I don't really care for lightning unless bioware puts in some sort of powerauras or makes the buff bar not hard to look at.

31 madness i guess. now hopefully bioware makes tracking dots easier. especially if there's another sorc in the raid.

for what? pvp? you've clearly taken some pvp talents over clear dps gain talents. you might as well go full lightning if you need lit barrage.

I don't really care for lightning unless bioware puts in some sort of powerauras or makes the buff bar not hard to look at.

31 madness i guess. now hopefully bioware makes tracking dots easier. especially if there's another sorc in the raid.

Interesting stance, since 1/12/28 is still simming as the top dps build in 1.2.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZfczMbZcrfosMkrc.1

Experiment more....

i tried this build in PVP today and it got me 340 DPS, total damage of 228k in 8 mins

*note im not fully geared in PVP(expertise of 251)

my build

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201Zfc0MdRrZcrfosMk.1

0/20/21

basically since the CD on crushing darkness is long enough taht another wrath can proc up so u can use LS in the mean time and might get a bonus CL proc from taht

affliction can trigger lightning barrage which can proc up wrath even faster,

One thing i noted is that wrath almost procs up every time i use force lightning, so there is still a good chance we can pull CL, but it will take some more work

*note i did not use wrath + CL combo, instead i used wrath + crushing darkness, wrath + LS while crushing darkness was on CD

CL triggers faster than we think it does with LS, just taht it takes more work and makes the rotation bigger

overall, chain lightning isnt entirely doomed, but will take more work to proc up, DPS overall isnt hurt that bad

I will be using this build for HM flashpoints and questing, so pure PvE build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZfsMMdoRhZcMcRsMz.1

I have tested that out and came into conclusion that with these points I pretty much max my DPS. People forget the CC-part of Force Storm. That really smoothens up the HM runs because it gives healer and tank some room for breathing.

Also free Chain Lightning is up almost all the time, and when not, then is double speed Force Lightning.

edit; typo

Edited by saatana

This is my best build after hard painstaking and credit investing patience. This build itself provides EXCELLENT DPS and even crowd control (literally). http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201hMMZbZfMbRsrkrfz.1

With this build that extra amount from Parasitism almost adds up to about 1k to 1.5k PER battle. (not 1v1) that's a lot of free health if you ask me. The extra bonuses from throwing some off heals help your team. Creeping Terror is an OP root. Seriously 9 second cooldown AND it does damage that provides you health?!??! DA ***. But seriously try this build out. If you play sorc. you know what needs to be done for rotation. I get 8 - 11 medals a game. 5+ MVP votes for actually ASSISTING people. Trust me your teamates will see what you do for the when there at 2k health and ____(name)___ with a nice 1.5k heal - 1.5k heal- 1.5k heal then BAM hit there enemy with a root, stun/cc and you FL them with CD to death it's awsome. i hit over 300k+ damage per match because DoTs are incredible. the amount of pressure we can put on a healer to is worth it :D

Edited by Lord_DeathSaber

This is my best build after hard painstaking and credit investing patience. This build itself provides EXCELLENT DPS and even crowd control (literally). http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201hMMZbZfMbRsrkrfz.1

With this build that extra amount from Parasitism almost adds up to about 1k to 1.5k PER battle. (not 1v1) that's a lot of free health if you ask me. The extra bonuses from throwing some off heals help your team. Creeping Terror is an OP root. Seriously 9 second cooldown AND it does damage that provides you health?!??! DA ***. But seriously try this build out. If you play sorc. you know what needs to be done for rotation. I get 8 - 11 medals a game. 5+ MVP votes for actually ASSISTING people. Trust me your teamates will see what you do for the when there at 2k health and ____(name)___ with a nice 1.5k heal - 1.5k heal- 1.5k heal then BAM hit there enemy with a root, stun/cc and you FL them with CD to death it's awsome. i hit over 300k+ damage per match because DoTs are incredible. the amount of pressure we can put on a healer to is worth it :D

I am a bit sceptical about the usefulness of Parasitism and Haunting Presence. I don´t think the extra 90 healing done in 4500 crit heal is anywhere close worth of two skill point.

What comes to Parasitism with Devour, extra 400-600 healing done to yourself is not worth of 4 skill points. Granted, Devour works in synergy with Death Field so it has some uses in some situations where people are piled up.

I am a bit sceptical about the usefulness of Parasitism and Haunting Presence. I don´t think the extra 90 healing done in 4500 crit heal is anywhere close worth of two skill point.

What comes to Parasitism with Devour, extra 400-600 healing done to yourself is not worth of 4 skill points. Granted, Devour works in synergy with Death Field so it has some uses in some situations where people are piled up.

This is true, however there is also no where else useful to put those points that must go somewhere.