Does Bioware enjoy laughing at republic players?

Aandolas

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put in a Wardrobe and dye system (match to chest color won't cut it Bioware) and alot of the problems with the horrid high end outfits would be solved.

I've had outfits at lvl 30 that look nicer than the drek they put us in at 50.

To most of the games population this wont matter since about 70% play Empire but it just needs to be said.

Are the Bioware devs mocking us? They laugh at the fact that republic have been at a disadvantage for so long. They alter a Empire CC to make it look like the Republic player is laying on its back crying like a little baby. Oh and surprise surprise... there is now a nifty little bug that occasionally makes republic players do this same animation after losing a voidstar match. They give us trash armor that at 50 looks worse then most of the 20-40 sets that Empire players get.

Does it matter? Just find/craft/buy something that looks appealing to you and modify the item with the mods from the one with better stats. As soon as the 1.2 gets released (ETA 2-3 weeks), you will be able to fully unmod even the end game (Rakata etc.) items...

And then I discover this. While turning in one of my PVP quests I accidentally clicked on my companion Kira Carsen and she said something she had never said before. I believe this was added with one of the last 2 patches.

Kira Carsen says, "Have you seen what the Sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy went over to the dark side."

Seemed a little bit of a coincidence that she started saying something new just after the latest 1.2 armor designs were released and there was widespread agreement on the republic side that not only were our old armors pathetic, but the 1.2 Republic armor sets were possibly the worst ever. Worse then anything previous.

Nope. Kira said that even during beta weekends... Not to mention that the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like the new armor looks they are adding to the Republic side.

Does it matter? Just find/craft/buy something that looks appealing to you and modify the item with the mods from the one with better stats. As soon as the 1.2 gets released (ETA 2-3 weeks), you will be able to fully unmod even the end game (Rakata etc.) items...

No. You can only do that for the new gear they are releasing.

It never had any doubts about being on the Republic side, I knew I would have it hard, I didn't expect to be this outnumbered though. I don't think it's really their fault, but the CC that makes us look like crying babies is insulting.

And Kira was saying the thing about empire's fashion since launch.

Every time new gear sets get released, in any game ever, everyone says that it is the absolute ugliest gear that has ever been made. In other games, the devs get accused of favoring certain classes because everyone thinks the other classes get better gear than theirs do (which is the devs' fault because they totally design the art for gear :rolleyes:), here, they get accused of faction favoring. The new gear isn't that bad, though I am a little annoyed that Sorcs are being made to look like Shamans (when we're clearly Warlocks).

Sith don't actually look good, it's just the capes. You can dress like Lady GaGa and STILL look great if you add a cape.

Cue Edna Mode voice: "NO CAPES!!!"

Plus chicks dig capes.

So did Freddie Mercury.

Edited by JaeOnasi

Imperials have been favored in this game since day 1. There are simply more, and they have no intention of doing anything about it. Look at the project/shock disparity and the complete and absolute lack of addressing it whatsoever despite massive community outcry to understand the problem..

As a bounty hunter I can say that I am quite jealous of end level Jedi Knight armor.

Why is everyone so butthurt about looking like a friggin SPACE SAMURAI WITH LIGHTSABERS?!?!?!?

To me thats the coolest thing ever, but hey, haters gonna hate.

give jedi gear that looks like traditional jedi robes, like the ones obi wan wore in the movies, and ill never try on another awful looking piece of slop that is consular gear in this game again. ill wear them literally forever unless im in my pvp set, which ironically is the one set of consular gear i actually *like* the look of. Edited by darkrazzy

I have no choice but to agree. So far, Rep pops are no where near Imp pops.

Everyone wants to be bad.

This is why I said that they should just remove the factions from the game and allow people to level darkside or light side to determine where they stand on the battlefront.

Don't think you could have pvp of it were like this though.

:o sinep

Why did you misspell spine?

;)

I hear all the time about how the majority plays Sith because the Republic skills look ugly and wimpy and they are plaing and balnd.

Just makes the smile on my face that much bigger when we win the WZ.

Why did you misspell spine?

;)

I hear all the time about how the majority plays Sith because the Republic skills look ugly and wimpy and they are plaing and balnd.

Just makes the smile on my face that much bigger when we win the WZ.

I love our 6-8 wins in a row on Republic when me and my guild mates apply strategy (I know, I speak of things ancient and unknown) and I think the Republic skills are cool. I am a little jealous of the visuals for Force Lightning compared to Pebble Floaty Pelting thing though.

But I do love my Force Push, I do I do I doooo!

Edited by Vahzl

I have no choice but to agree. So far, Rep pops are no where near Imp pops.

Everyone wants to be bad.

This is why I said that they should just remove the factions from the game and allow people to level darkside or light side to determine where they stand on the battlefront.

Agreed 10000000000000%.

I wish I could tell you how many people think I'm crazy for making this suggestion. I'm glad I'm not alone out there.