Would the SW Galaxy be prepared for a Reaper attack?

Majestic_Jazz

Would the Star Wars galaxy be prepared for a Reaper attack like what we saw in Mass Effect 3?

Do you think the factions would align together to stop the Reapers? [Jedi and Sith uniting]

Which group/entity/faction would most likely be sensitive to Reaper indoctrination? Who would be the "Illusive Man" of the SW galaxy?

Also, which era do you think would be most vunerable? Would it be the Old Republic era where Jedi and Sith constantly were at odds. Or would it be the period after Return of the Jedi when the Rebels took down the Empire and is in rebuilding stage?

----------------

I always found this interesting seeing how for over like....40 million years NO civilizations were able to defeat the Reapers as they constantly attacked the Milky Way every 50K years for about a 40 million year period. [800 Reaper Attack cycles]

So given the history of the SW galaxy and it's technology and such, how would the SW galaxy stack up to a Reaper invasion.

What are your thoughts?

You can't do this, because we don't know how the technology of star wars or of ME would affect eachother. Theres no evidence of the two and their technology competing against one another. Unless it is so very obvious, that you could do it. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

You can't do this, because we don't know how the technology of star wars or of ME would affect eachother. Theres no evidence of the two and their technology competing against one another.

What he said. ^

THAT said, my guess would be not just a NO but a OH HELL NO! :)

The ME universe is a relatively hard sci-fi universe with technology a few centuries ahead of our own. Just traveling through space is difficult in this series. The people who do it don't even understand the technology that allows them to do so.

Star Wars is an extremely soft sci-fi (science fantasy really) series where people have been capable of traversing the stars as if it were child's play for 25,000+ years. When we were introduced to Star Wars it already had moon sized superweapons that could traverse the galaxy and destroy planets in an instance and the ante has been upped several times since then.

The Reapers wouldn't stand a chance.

Also, which era do you think would be most vunerable?

Keep in mind that I have not yet played ME3 and am basing my response around ME1+2.

Quite frankly no era of SW for which we have records would be particularly threatened by The Reapers. Their biggest accomplishment is keeping a few dozen civilizations only a few centuries technologically more advanced than our own beaten down repeatedly. And presumably by the end of ME3 they are ultimately beaten by these civilizations after letting them get only mildly too big for their britches. In the GFFA they would be up against millions of civilizations tens of millennia more advanced than our own.

Edited by Darth_Pernisc

You can't do this, because we don't know how the technology of star wars or of ME would affect eachother. Theres no evidence of the two and their technology competing against one another. Unless it is so very obvious, that you could do it.

Aw come on, stop being so technical and just have fun.

This is just all for fun!

Aw come on, stop being so technical and just have fun.

This is just all for fun!

Sorry I just like these kinds of threads and VS threads, to make some sort of sense or comparable to Star Wars and not be heavily one sided to where you could look at it and judge correctly on how it would play out otherwise it just becomes all this babbling that doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

realy SW severly out guns the reapers. a single Star Destroyer is capable of makeing planets unliveable in a mater of days if not hours. nearly all worlds have planetary defenses that require something on the order of a death star to break through. Most small ships are capable of crossing the galaxy in days with out the use of mass realys. Oh and none of the SW galaxy tech has the built in back door for the reaper because it was based on tech they left behind.

Sorry I just like these kinds of threads and VS threads, to make some sort of sense or comparable to Star Wars and not be heavily one sided to where you could look at it and judge correctly on how it would play out otherwise it just becomes all this babbling that doesn't make any sense.

Heh, think what you want but I still think there is much reasonable discussion.

Like if you think the SW is too advanced for the Reapers technology wise, what about other aspects?

Do you think many races/factions would unite?

There is much to talk about but oh well. Someone always has to come and take the fun out of something. :rolleyes:

Heh, think what you want but I still think there is much reasonable discussion.

Like if you think the SW is too advanced for the Reapers technology wise, what about other aspects?

Do you think many races/factions would unite?

There is much to talk about but oh well. Someone always has to come and take the fun out of something. :rolleyes:

Not saying you can't discuss it by all means do, I was just merely voicing my view on crossover threads such as this one. So do so, but it seems already Star Wars out does the Reapers.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

realy SW severly out guns the reapers. a single Star Destroyer is capable of makeing planets unliveable in a mater of days if not hours. nearly all worlds have planetary defenses that require something on the order of a death star to break through. Most small ships are capable of crossing the galaxy in days with out the use of mass realys. Oh and none of the SW galaxy tech has the built in back door for the reaper because it was based on tech they left behind.

True but everyone forgets about indoctrination. Before the Reapers attack, they normally have entire factions of people on their side [Think Cerberus]. Imagine of the Reapers indoctrinated the Emperor with the hope of greater power and control of the Republic and by trickle down effect, this indoctrination spreads throughout the entire Empire, now the Empire will be like Cerberus in the ME universe, a tool and right hand of the Reapers. Then all of a sudden that advanced technology that the Reapers lack, would now be in their control. ;)

So it is entirely possible that the Star Destroyers could be used in the advantage of the Reapers.

Edited by Majestic_Jazz

Would the Star Wars galaxy be prepared for a Reaper attack like what we saw in Mass Effect 3?

Do you think the factions would align together to stop the Reapers? [Jedi and Sith uniting]

Which group/entity/faction would most likely be sensitive to Reaper indoctrination? Who would be the "Illusive Man" of the SW galaxy?

Also, which era do you think would be most vunerable? Would it be the Old Republic era where Jedi and Sith constantly were at odds. Or would it be the period after Return of the Jedi when the Rebels took down the Empire and is in rebuilding stage?

----------------

I always found this interesting seeing how for over like....40 million years NO civilizations were able to defeat the Reapers as they constantly attacked the Milky Way every 50K years for about a 40 million year period. [800 Reaper Attack cycles]

So given the history of the SW galaxy and it's technology and such, how would the SW galaxy stack up to a Reaper invasion.

What are your thoughts?

Reapers would get dominated if we have Machines like the Death Star and Force Users like Luke and Sidious.

I'm just gonna go with how the galaxy dealt with the Yuzhan Vong, which was a big unprepared. I'm also going to assume that if the Reapers did exist in the Star Wars universe, they would not have permitted Force sensitivity to develop if it posed a threat to them (as in they would have initiated the extinction cycle ahead of schedule if the Force posed a threat to them). So, if the galaxy far, far, away was subjected to a Reaper invasion, neither the Jedi nor Sith would have existed if it would have been any help. And as with the Yuzhan Vong invasion, the Force sensitives were the first to be attacked and the Jedi order was nearly wiped out.

do we not relise the power of the force 1 person can destroy an intire world 1 master can kill entire armies the reapers would die like nothing cos their storie envolves controaling lesser races with tec they provided and a life they set out if they atacked starwars universe they would get owned repears aint crap and in me3 sheperd proves that and in me2 he proves that lol reapers r just fancy mechs that used smoke and mirrors to win wars aganst a lesser race of people they r weak

True but everyone forgets about indoctrination. Before the Reapers attack, they normally have entire factions of people on their side [Think Cerberus]. Imagine of the Reapers indoctrinated the Emperor with the hope of greater power and control of the Republic and by trickle down effect, this indoctrination spreads throughout the entire Empire, now the Empire will be like Cerberus in the ME universe, a tool and right hand of the Reapers. Then all of a sudden that advanced technology that the Reapers lack, would now be in their control. ;)

So it is entirely possible that the Star Destroyers could be used in the advantage of the Reapers.

No one forgets about indoctrination. All canonical evidence in the Mass Effect games (never read the books) points to indoctrination taking days to weeks to have almost irreversible effects. As soon as the Star Wars galaxy found out about it, they'd start throwing Reaper debris into stars to prevent any leftover tech from corrupting people. If anything, people that root for Mass Effect in these vs. threads severely overestimate indoctrination.

Better question would be how they would handle a xenomorph infestation on a highly populated planet.

Or perhaps a visit from "The Thing." (Not the comic book character, the 1982 John Carpenter movie Thing).

Edited by Bluerodian

From a technical standpoint, Star Wars has MUCH higher firepower, heavier shielding, better armor and a much faster FTL-method (giving them a severe strategic advantage). Oh, and larger ships as well.

And we DO know (or at least can predict) how their technology would affect each other. We know that Mass Effect shields work best against attacks that have mass, and are next-to-useless against energy weapons. Well, guess what - turbolasers are energy weapons ;)

Star Wars suffers no such advantage, since their ships are shielded against kinetic attacks as well as against energy attacks (using two different shield systems).

Neither side uses exotic technobabble-technology that only works on very specific things and doesn't work on others. Shooting mega/giga/teraton-attacks on your target ALWAYS works :D

From a story-standpoint, the main advantage of the Reapers was that the entire galaxy had it's technological development shaped by their technological seeds - everyone relied on mass relays, mass effect weaponry&shielding etc. Thus, everyone was playing a game where the reapers set the rules.

This is obviously not the case with Star Wars - they have energy weapons, faster-than-light travel that doesn't rely on mass relays (and thus can't be shut down by the reapers), their ships are not limited by the, well, limits of mass-effect technology and so on.

Incidentally, most multi-planet science-fiction civilizations would win against the Reapers for the latter reason alone.

From a technical standpoint, Star Wars has MUCH higher firepower, heavier shielding, better armor and a much faster FTL-method (giving them a severe strategic advantage). Oh, and larger ships as well.

And we DO know (or at least can predict) how their technology would affect each other. We know that Mass Effect shields work best against attacks that have mass, and are next-to-useless against energy weapons. Well, guess what - turbolasers are energy weapons ;)

Star Wars suffers no such advantage, since their ships are shielded against kinetic attacks as well as against energy attacks (using two different shield systems).

Neither side uses exotic technobabble-technology that only works on very specific things and doesn't work on others. Shooting mega/giga/teraton-attacks on your target ALWAYS works :D

From a story-standpoint, the main advantage of the Reapers was that the entire galaxy had it's technological development shaped by their technological seeds - everyone relied on mass relays, mass effect weaponry&shielding etc. Thus, everyone was playing a game where the reapers set the rules.

This is obviously not the case with Star Wars - they have energy weapons, faster-than-light travel that doesn't rely on mass relays (and thus can't be shut down by the reapers), their ships are not limited by the, well, limits of mass-effect technology and so on.

Incidentally, most multi-planet science-fiction civilizations would win against the Reapers for the latter reason alone.

Pretty much sums it up. The Reapers are impressive by Mass Effect standards, by the greater Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre they're pretty small fish.

Even if we go with a story-based "everyone is on roughly equal technological footing"-approach, the Reapers still loose their major advantages - an enemy fighting by their rules, the capability to shut down said enemies transportation and a technologically inferior enemy.

So even if you choose a "feel"-approach over a "numbers"-one, the Reapers would still loose.

• 3 weeks later...

----------------

What are your thoughts?

Yes, they had Red, Blue and Green from the start. This time its in the lightsaber, choose your lightsaber for the desired ending.

Honestly?

The SW galaxy has faced Reaper-like threats before.

Vong? Abeloth?

Although, two different series, really uncomparable.

Mass Effect should make a movie.

They are, it is anime and it is about James Vega. (I am serious)