Remove Gift Timer, UI Scaling, UI moveable windows, UI Customization and More

Dullimite

Been playing MMORPGs for 13 years and have been a Computer Programmer for even longer silly me took the commerce arena with web design and software design instead of getting into gaming. Silly me But anyways my gaming background. I Started with Asheron's Call and Evercrack back in 1999. **** maybe earlier. Been in tons of betas and opening days and played all kinds of MMOs. One of my favorites still is Neocron. Awesome vehicles and travel and one of the best MMORPG First Person Shooters which was way ahead of its time. Silly that noone else has ever thought about doing that again. Come one A HALO MMORPG??? Are you kidding me. Anyways, I am just outling some ideas and suggestions:

Guys this is a GREAT GAME, HUGE Star Wars fan. Just take a look at these and really think about implementing them.. really...

1. Remove the Companion Gift Timer.

- I understand the need for timers in the games. But the Gift timer is just pointless. All it does is make you wait 30-60 seconds to use another item. Granted, in the whole scheme of things, MMORPGs can only make money by making their players have to play. This is shown through daily quests, quest timers, quests that involve a large amount of travel.. these are all ways to make a player have to come back and the more they come back, the more subscriptions you sell and the more money the game makes. It was a model that started with Everquest and WoW severely abused. SWTOR does not need to follow suit. So just remove this one pointless timer.

2. UI Scaling

- Holy crap, I am tired of the Huge Atari 2600 Display. Allow us to scale down the UI windows in game. On a 32" LCD at 1920x1080, I don't need the any UI window to take up the whole friggin screen. Try to have the Crafting Recipe window and the Galactic Market screen open at the same time, which is a friggin trick within itself. Just in case you don't know how to get them both open, here is the trick:

1. Open up the Crew Member Window

2. Drag the Crsfting icon from the top portion, which is the only place you can drag it from for some reason, to an icon bar.

3. Close all UI windows

4. Open up the Market Window.

5. Close the inventory window if it did auto pop up

6. Click on the Crafting Icon in your short cut bar, well if you have enough room that is.

7. There ya go, too bad they over lap and it is hard to read but at least you can check to see if you have a recipe/schematic or not.

3. UI Adjustable Window Size and Positioning

- Seems like you guys just took a HUGE short cut on the UI for this game. It is basic at best. Being a programmer I understand the concept of static placeholders and it is a pain in the *** to do resizing and repositioning and storing X and Y coordinates on window close to allow for the window to open up in that same spot, and the same size the next time it is activated. Just PLEASE, PLEASE have your UI team TRY and make this happen. For being such a beautiful game the UI is by far the WORST I have seen Asheron's Call.

4. UI Customization

- Can I please have a nother color than this God Awful Blue? This again comes down to just treating the UI as a less important aspect of the game. You guys did push this game out and actually did take your time but this shortcut is so friggin glaring. Just needs work. Maybe allow for people to have access to the settings file. So we can make our own UIs. Very possible without effecting any game code. It has been done MAYN, MANY times before, so no excuses on this one.

5. Recipe/Schematic sort/filter option in the Market for ones you DO NOT HAVE.

- Also, would it be that hard to disallow using a recipe of a skill you already know? That seems like a silly over sight.

6. Hover Info Update

- Allow for Gifts to show current comapnions favor of that type.

- Allow Recipe/Schematic to show if already learned

More to come..

Edited by Dullimite

Been playing MMORPGs for 13 years...

And you still don't pay attention to announcements of upcoming features?

Coming in 1.2. It's a 3s channel instead.

2. UI Scaling

Coming in 1.2

Coming in 1.2

6. Hover Info Update

- Allow for Gifts to show current comapnions favor of that type.

That's meant to be a feature, so you can, if you wish, not just look up a web page that tells you exactly which gift to spam your companions with, and instead find out through experimentation.

It shouldn't let you "use" the item, either.

That's meant to be a feature, so you can, if you wish, not just look up a web page that tells you exactly which gift to spam your companions with, and instead find out through experimentation.
True, I found it out by trial and error. Granted, it did cost me some credits (and I also sometimes made silly mistake) but the option of finding it out works. I think the Codex also shows the info, but not literally. And it is fun if there are things to explore (heck I can't say these aspects are very complex by nature).

Forgive me, I actually don't spend my life trolling boards. But thanks for the update! Oh I bet that made you feel good too! Woohoo you showed me! Time for someone to take their medication or maybe look into taking some medication. Maybe try going outside.

I am glad you can read other peoples posts, but you seemed to not be able to read all of mine...

My Quote:

Your Quote:

It shouldn't let you "use" the item, either.

.. umm I think that was number 5...

Edited by Dullimite

Another person who doesnt check upcomming patches for info first...

- this is coming in 1.2

2. UI Scaling

- coming in 1.2

- coming in 1.2

4. UI Customization

- this ones not coming yet

5. Recipe/Schematic sort/filter option in the Market for ones you DO NOT HAVE.

- they are making changes in 1.2 for the market

6. Hover Info Update

- Allow for Gifts to show current comapnions favor of that type. This is not a big deal. from other online guides you can learn what to give your companions already

- Allow Recipe/Schematic to show if already learned - in 1.2 if you already know the recipe it will not let you try to learn it again

If you would have taken a few minutes to research then you would have found most of your answers.

Check out the patch notes in the PTS forums, lots of info.