Tarairr

SWTOR Mercenary PVP Pyrotech Guide

Tarair 2.0 - Pyrotech and the Huttball

http://swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=3005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWJrxe55A8k

New:

Remake:

Hey folks,

this is my second PVP Video. After my last video was about the heal/arsenal hybrid specc in voidstar, this time it's a how to Pyrotech and Huttball with ingame commentary. It addresses beginners having trouble in Huttball but can also be interesting for intermediate and advanced Pyrotechs (Mercenary) or Arsenals tired of a stupid playstyle.

Below are some comparisons (these are all my impression).

Additional Notes for Usage of your Cooldowns (all depending on situation):

Instant: Heal (Rapid Scan) or CC (Concussion Missile)

Thermal Overdrive: Incendiary Missile, Rapid Scan, Fusion Missile, Death from Above

Energy Shield to avoid incoming Damage or remove Snares

Kolto Overload for small selfheal

Vent Heat asap after reaching above 50 Heat for your Heatmanagement

Content: All footage is from solo queueing and random Warzones against atleast t2 geared player.

Comparison Pyrotech: Merc vs Powertech

depends on your playstyle which one you prefer (for me its merc).

the overall dmg by merc and powertech as pyrotech is about the same. but it is a different playstyle. powertech has to go meele, while merc can stay at range.

powertech:

- meele, kick, more reliable burst due to recklessness (25% crit for 15sec), carbonize, grip, (possability to swap cylinder and guard your heal), taunt

mercenary:

- range, heals, dispel, concussion missile, knockback

in 1v1 merc vs pt: dispel wins

Comparison: Pyrotech vs Arsenal

Pyrotech:

- Great Burst

- High Mobility

- Kiting Efficiency

- Survivability

Arsenal:

- Low Mobility

- Awesome Nuke

- Strongest Knockbacks ingame

Short Terminology for Troopers:

Incendiary Missile Incendiary Round

Thermal Detonator Assault Plastique

Rail Shot High Impact Round

Unload Full Auto

Rocket Punch Stockstrike

Fusion Missile Plasma Grenade

Scan: Stealth Scan

Stun: Electro Dart Cryo Grenade

CC: Concussion Missile Concussive Round

Dispels: Cure Mind Purify Mind

if you liked it post a comment to keep this thread alive

I hope you enjoy

Tarair

Edited by Tarairr

This is a great video showcasing the way Pyro's should be played! I've been playing Pyro/Merc since day one, and hardly ever goto arsenal.

There are some things I would do differently, and my build is slightly different, but all in all now people can see how awesome we are, and why we're always top dps and highest objectives.

My only concern is that this will bring too much attention to us from the Devs =P

Great Vid man. It felt like I was watching myself play :D

Nice video, don't know how you never seem to run out of ammo. It's a problem that i have on my trooper when spec'd assault.

hey,

yes it is heavy on heat/ammo but since your autoshots are so amazing as pyrotech (dot+slow) you dont have to spam heatgenerating-skills. also usage of tech overdrive + incendiary missile or fusion missile (especially) below 30% can prevent you from overheating

This is a great video showcasing the way Pyro's should be played! I've been playing Pyro/Merc since day one, and hardly ever goto arsenal.

There are some things I would do differently, and my build is slightly different, but all in all now people can see how awesome we are, and why we're always top dps and highest objectives.

My only concern is that this will bring too much attention to us from the Devs =P

Great Vid man. It felt like I was watching myself play :D

what would you specc otherwise?

Interesting movie, it's always good to see something different. I didn't realize that your build could stay so mobile.

It's looks like your damage output is a little lower than PTs and Vans I've seen running Assault. Does the slave girl outfit effect your stats?

The big draw to running your build over a PT/Van build is the cleanse. That's absolutely huge in certain matchups.

Interesting movie, it's always good to see something different. I didn't realize that your build could stay so mobile.

It's looks like your damage output is a little lower than PTs and Vans I've seen running Assault. Does the slave girl outfit effect your stats?

The big draw to running your build over a PT/Van build is the cleanse. That's absolutely huge in certain matchups.

hey,

when i am queueing with a powertech (also pyro) from my guild we end up at about the same amount of dmg done at the end of a warzone. So my dmg is maybe a little lower but i can stay at range

i modded the slave outfit with pve mods so it's not a big deal since expertice stacks that bad. ~400armor difference

hey,

i switched my bm eliminator gear mods to power+surge until i reached 100% accuary.

but i wouldnt change the bm gear anymore until 1.2 goes live because of the mod/enh changes of the bm gear!

Edited by Tarairr

Great video. Never realized how much more lethal a merc pyro is compared to PT pyro, in terms of mobility and staying power.

i always wondered why nearly all mercs/commandos seem to play gunnery/tracer (you know what :D ). i really don't get it.

Disagree. 1v1 merc vs pt: quell wins. dispell (cure?) all you want, another instant FB and the dot is reapplied. cure has a 4sec CD and costs the same heat as FB (no CD), but doesnt do any damage. Regardless, if you are out deathmatching alone both the PT and merc are being played wrong!

I will say that PT is screwed if the merc positions himself better to keep range.

Great vid though - keep em coming.

SWTOR Mercenary PVP Pyrotech Guide

Tarair 2.0 - Pyrotech and the Huttball

http://swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=3005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWJrxe55A8k

Hey folks,

this is my second PVP Video. After my last video was about the heal/arsenal hybrid specc in voidstar, this time it's a how to Pyrotech and Huttball with ingame commentary. It addresses beginners having trouble in Huttball but can also be interesting for intermediate and advanced Pyrotechs (Mercenary) or Arsenals tired of a stupid playstyle.

Below are some comparisons (these are all my impression).

Additional Notes for Usage of your Cooldowns (all depending on situation):

Instant: Heal (Rapid Scan) or CC (Concussion Missile)

Thermal Overdrive: Incendiary Missile, Rapid Scan, Fusion Missile, Death from Above

Energy Shield to avoid incoming Damage or remove Snares

Kolto Overload for small selfheal

Vent Heat asap after reaching above 50 Heat for your Heatmanagement

Content: All footage is from solo queueing and random Warzones against atleast t2 geared player.

Comparison Pyrotech: Merc vs Powertech

depends on your playstyle which one you prefer (for me its merc).

the overall dmg by merc and powertech as pyrotech is about the same. but it is a different playstyle. powertech has to go meele, while merc can stay at range.

powertech:

- meele, kick, more reliable burst due to recklessness (25% crit for 15sec), carbonize, grip, (possability to swap cylinder and guard your heal), taunt

mercenary:

- range, heals, dispel, concussion missile, knockback

Comparison: Pyrotech vs Arsenal

Pyrotech:

- Great Burst

- High Mobility

- Kiting Efficiency

- Survivability

Arsenal:

- Low Mobility

- Awesome Nuke