1.2 to include no more ninja maintenence times?

RakeHoxven

I like to board the "Game is dying Bus" as early as possible. That way 8 years from now I can say "I TOLD YOU!!1!" :D

I remember when someone claimed that WoW was "going to die within six months of its release". I offered to wager real money that they were wrong. Guy took me up on it and we exchanged "secure" contact information. He kept on about how WoW WOULD YES IT WILL die withing 5, 4, 3 months...and then...got silent.

A couple of years later, the fellow contacted me to say: Yeah, well...I was wrong. :)

And I forgave the wager. But it was pretty funny how many people SWORE that WoW was going to die (as well as EQ, EQ2 etc. etc. etc.).

/wanders off to enjoy a beautiful sunny morning here in southern Germany. Laters!

I remember when someone claimed that WoW was "going to die within six months of its release". I offered to wager real money that they were wrong. Guy took me up on it and we exchanged "secure" contact information. He kept on about how WoW WOULD YES IT WILL die withing 5, 4, 3 months...and then...got silent.

A couple of years later, the fellow contacted me to say: Yeah, well...I was wrong. :)

And I forgave the wager. But it was pretty funny how many people SWORE that WoW was going to die (as well as EQ, EQ2 etc. etc. etc.).

/wanders off to enjoy a beautiful sunny morning here in southern Germany. Laters!

that was a cool story bro!

I like to board the "Game is dying Bus" as early as possible. That way 8 years from now I can say "I TOLD YOU!!1!" :D

If you honestly believe server population is the same or better since launch, than you must play on the one VERY HEAVY populated server that people chose to re-roll on before totally giving up. Because 98% of the servers in this game have a very decreased population from launch, and even from 3 weeks ago, and it's steadily decreasing. But people let their fanboyism blind them, that's ok. 8 years from now when it's free to play and your playing with like 2 other people and a bunch of bots have fun quoting that, that's even if the servers are still up. I'd be surprised if it's still up 2 years from now, if so then I'll eat my words.

Edited by simP_

If you honestly believe server population is the same or better since launch, than you must play on the one VERY HEAVY populated server that people chose to re-roll on before totally giving up. Because 98% of the servers in this game have a very decreased population from launch, and even from 3 weeks ago, and it's steadily increasing. But people let their fanboyism blind them, that's ok. 8 years from now when it's free to play and your playing with like 2 other people and a bunch of bots have fun quoting that, that's even if the servers are still up. I'd be surprised if it's still up 2 years from now, if so then I'll eat my words, but I'd bet money it wont last that long.

8 years? really? I figured it might last as long as Star Trek Online or DCUO, personally.

If you honestly believe server population is the same or better since launch, than you must play on the one VERY HEAVY populated server that people chose to re-roll on before totally giving up. Because 98% of the servers in this game have a very decreased population from launch, and even from 3 weeks ago, and it's steadily decreasing. But people let their fanboyism blind them, that's ok. 8 years from now when it's free to play and your playing with like 2 other people and a bunch of bots have fun quoting that, that's even if the servers are still up. I'd be surprised if it's still up 2 years from now, if so then I'll eat my words.

*sigh* I really hate that "fanboi" word.

Anyway, this downtime is meant to go toward getting more people in the game. Yes, I am puzzled as to why it is being done on a Friday and wonder why it can't be done with normal maint. but y'know...one the one hand people are up in arms about server load wonkiness and then when something is being done to try and increase players so we don't have to re-roll (3x here) or wait for xfers, we grouse about that.

We MMOers sure bellow a lot. :)

Dude the game is dying. You're dying. I'm dying. Everything is dying. I'm not arguing, I've accepted this. I embraced the FAIL long ago.