If level 50 PvE dailies give like 100k-200k a day....

Majestic_Jazz

If level 50 PvE dailies give like 100k-200k a day, then how come most level 50 people do not have like.....8-10 million credits?

It seems like level 50 people should be making it rain with all the money you can get from doing PvE dailies at level 50 but that does not seem to be the case.

I am currently level 47 with like 300K Credits. I want to be able to buy one of those White crystals for 2.5 million credits before 1.2 hits and they disappear [i won't use it, but I want one just for the pleasure of owning one]. I also want to horde a lot of credits so I can spend on crafting once I reach level 50. I don't want to do Operations because I hear you lose more credits than you gain [because of repair cost] so I don't want to spend 1, 2, or 3 hours of Operations just to have a Net Loss of 50K, 100K, or even 200K credits.

So I figured that I'll just spam Dailies/Weeklies for money so I can craft and get to the point where most of my income comes from crafting and not from dailies/weeklies.

HOWEVER, it seems that a lot of level 50 people are broke and are only in the 6 figure range when it comes to credits. I haven't gotten to 50 yet [at 47 now and in the interlude between CH2 and CH3] but what is it that I am missing? If people are right in what they claim that you can make like 200K a day by running PvE dailies, then that means when you add in weeklies, you could be able to make 1 million+ in one week! So why are level 50 players so broke? Why are there so few 50 players in the 1 million credit bracket and EVEN FEWER players in the 10 million plus bracket?

What am I missing? Is it because these L50 players are losing their money in Operation repair cost?

I am hyped that I am reaching L50 soon so that I can do L50 Dailies/Weeklies and break the bank, but I am a bit pessimistic because I feel as if people isn't telling me the whole story and that there is some huge credit sink that comes when you become L50, with Operation Repair cost being one of them.

Can someone explain this to me?

Edited by Majestic_Jazz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well.... i dont have 8-10 million credits because there isnt anything you need to buy in the game. i spent my money on my 1.5mill speeder, and then gave healthy sums to each alt.

now sitting on 2mill. dont need to do dailies because there is nothing to spend it on. my repair costs get covered by pvp winnings (RIP in 1.2)

If level 50 PvE dailies givelike100k-200k a day, then how come most level 50 people do not have like.....8-10 million credits?

It seems like level 50 people should be making it rain with all the money you can get from doing PvE dailies at level 50 but that does not seem to be the case.

I am currently level 47 withlike300K Credits. I want to be able to buy one of those White crystals for 2.5 million credits before 1.2 hits and they disappear [i won't use it, but I want one just for the pleasure of owning one]. I also want to horde a lot of credits so I can spend on crafting once I reach level 50. I don't want to do Operations because I hear you lose more credits than you gain [because of repair cost] so I don't want to spend 1, 2, or 3 hours of Operations just to have a Net Loss of 50K, 100K, or even 200K credits.

So I figured that I'll just spam Dailies/Weeklies for money so I can craft and get to the point where most of my income comes from crafting and not from dailies/weeklies.

HOWEVER, it seems that a lot of level 50 people are broke and are only in the 6 figure range when it comes to credits. I haven't gotten to 50 yet [at 47 now and in the interlude between CH2 and CH3] but what is it that I am missing? If people are right in what they claim that you can make like 200K a day by running PvE dailies, then that means when you add in weeklies, you could be able to make 1 million+ in one week! So why are level 50 players so broke? Why are there so few 50 players in the 1 million credit bracket and EVEN FEWER players in the 10 million plus bracket?

What am I missing? Is it because these L50 players are losing their money in Operation repair cost?

I am hyped that I am reaching L50 soon so that I can do L50 Dailies/Weeklies and break the bank, but I am a bit pessimistic because I feel as if people isn't telling me the whole story and that there is some huge credit sink that comes when you become L50, with Operation Repair cost being one of them.

Am I missing something? What's with those poorly places "like's"?

Edited by Distracted

If level 50 PvE dailies give like 100k-200k a day, then how come most level 50 people do not have like.....8-10 million credits?

I am currently level 47 with like 300K Credits. I want to be able to buy one of those White crystals for 2.5 million credits before 1.2 hits and they disappear [i won't use it, but I want one just for the pleasure of owning one]. I also want to horde a lot of credits so I can spend on crafting once I reach level 50. I don't want to do Operations because I hear you lose more credits than you gain [because of repair cost] so I don't want to spend 1, 2, or 3 hours of Operations just to have a Net Loss of 50K, 100K, or even 200K credits.

There is not much to spend creds on at 50 so no real reason to grind them. I have 6m between my main and 4 alts and the vast majority of that came from selling items on the GTN.

But you are correct in your stance that it is very easy for a 50 to make creds if they want to. Repairs are not that bad and there are no hidden sinks at 50.

Edited by Drewser

well.... i dont have 8-10 million credits because there isnt anything you need to buy in the game. i spent my money on my 1.5mill speeder, and then gave healthy sums to each alt.

now sitting on 2mill. dont need to do dailies because there is nothing to spend it on. my repair costs get covered by pvp winnings (RIP in 1.2)

Nice that you mention spending 1.5 on a speeder, I am regretting that I spent 220K on my Rank to Speeder license. No not because I can do fine with my Rank 1 CE Stamp Speeder, but I hear in 1.2 speeder licenses will see a price drop.

Had I not spent that 220K on the license, I could be sitting on 500K credits by now.

Also you said that you give some of your money to your other characters which is reasonable. But you said you don't buy anything, so what do you do with that character? Do you do Operations? If so, what is your repair cost like?

Also you said that you give some of your money to your other characters which is reasonable. But you said you don't buy anything, so what do you do with that character? Do you do Operations? If so, what is your repair cost like?

There's no a whole lot to do at L50, but sure you can grind through all the dailies each and every day and amass a fair amount of money.

I wouldn't recommend it though, it'll likely burn you out.

Nice that you mention spending 1.5 on a speeder, I am regretting that I spent 220K on my Rank to Speeder license. No not because I can do fine with my Rank 1 CE Stamp Speeder, but I hear in 1.2 speeder licenses will see a price drop.

Had I not spent that 220K on the license, I could be sitting on 500K credits by now.

i mainly pvp. so with the winnings from games and opening bags means i get profit without really trying. while leveling there is plenty of money sinks like skills/speeders/crew skills.

someone who does ops alot would have a better response for repair costs, especially tanks. whenever ive ran hardmodes we still make profit if you dont wipe.

There's no a whole lot to do at L50, but sure you can grind through all the dailies each and every day and amass a fair amount of money.

This really isn't about what is there to do at L50 because I think there is plenty to do. I can do Operations, Craft and make money on GTN, I can do Warzones and even those in 1.2 I won't get credits anymore, Warzones will still be fun because of the ranked bracket and I can work on my player's ranking in various categories and such.

My question is, what is there to do to make money at L50 because it seems like many L50 people have less than 1 million credits.....

yeah there really is nothing to buy. i just did the dailies for the commendations rather than the credits and when grinding the implants you get enough cash to last....forever...

My question is, what is there to do to make money at L50 because it seems like many L50 people have less than 1 million credits.....

selling things on GTN can be profitable. crafted items, or gathered materials. pvp games/bags can be profitiable. hardmodes can be if you dont wipe. and the dailies are obviously pure profit.

there IS plenty of ways of making money. but our point is, there is no REASON to make the money. thats why people dont tend to have the 10million you think we all should

selling things on GTN can be profitable. crafted items, or gathered materials. pvp games/bags can be profitiable. hardmodes can be if you dont wipe. and the dailies are obviously pure profit.

there IS plenty of ways of making money. but our point is, there is no REASON to make the money. thats why people dont tend to have the 10million you think we all should

Exactly. Once I hit 5m and realized that was nothing I could buy to improve my main, I have spent more time on my alts.

This really isn't about what is there to do at L50 because I think there is plenty to do. I can do Operations, Craft and make money on GTN, I can do Warzones and even those in 1.2 I won't get credits anymore, Warzones will still be fun because of the ranked bracket and I can work on my player's ranking in various categories and such.

If you like making "money" for money's sake then grind then away, it is of course up to you.

But unless you have some specific vice (speeder collecting etc.) there's not a lot to spend it on and grinding dailies every day is always a big reason for MMORPG burnout.

YMMV.

Currently, WZs give you about ~3.5k credit/game. If the only activity you have left to complete on a daily basis are your PvP dailies to get BM tokens, you have no reason to go do PvE dailies. Sure you should be saving up money for the coming 1.2, but since you're still getting credit rewards from WZs there's no point -- granted you have gotten the Rakata earpiece and implants.

I have two characters that are Level 50. They are both BMs and have full Rakata gear in PvE. I've also gotten the mount from KP. Seriously... what do I have left to get? PS - I have a Marauder and Sin Tank and my Sin has two full sets of Rakata Gear: the Survivor and Stalker set.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the MMO model of dangling the carrot in front of you while you're running on a treadmill doesn't work when you actually make it possible to catch the carrot...

By removing all the barriers to entry for HM FPs and HM OPs, BW has killed the concept of "gear progression" which was central to WoW. And if you're a WoW-clone, don't get cute: follow the formula to be the most successful possible. And BW is failing pathetically in that area.

Edited by lollermittens

Because most people hit lvl 50...

And then go do something else, like start an alt. Most people don't do "end game".

That being said, I think over Voss and Correllia, doing all the quests (but none of the heroics) I made almost a million. ('course, since I was constantly sending my companions out to harvest mats, and then blowing them on failed attempts to RE some purple lvl 49 gear, or sending them to lower level alts, it's hard to really be certain, but even doing that I ended up several hundred k in the positive.)

And yes, I blew that money on a white crystal. :) Then switched over to my alts more full time.

Additionally, as I understand it doing the space dailies (and bonus missions) is another 100k or so.

Many complain they don't have anything to spend money on at 50.

- Crafting can get quite expensive to level up to 400.

- Many speeders cost well over 1 million credits

- White crystals are 2.5 million

- If you run your max allotment of raids in full rakata, the repair bills can get pricey if you wipe a few times

I know you can earn quite a few credits by farming dailies, but I don't have enough time to do everything I like to do at 50 and run dailies everyday. Besides, that would be very boring.

I like to run alts, pvp, craft for GTN profit, ops, and dailies. Not to mention helping out Guildies. I don't have enough time to do all of them everytime I log on.

When 1.2 comes out legacy unlocks will be very expensive.

I have heard that some of the highest level unlocks will cost 12.5 million credits.

Many complain they don't have anything to spend money on at 50.

- Crafting can get quite expensive to level up to 400.

- Many speeders cost well over 1 million credits

- White crystals are 2.5 million

- If you run your max allotment of raids in full rakata, the repair bills can get pricey if you wipe a few times

I know you can earn quite a few credits by farming dailies, but I don't have enough time to do everything I like to do at 50 and run dailies everyday. Besides, that would be very boring.

I like to run alts, pvp, craft for GTN profit, ops, and dailies. Not to mention helping out Guildies. I don't have enough time to do all of them everytime I log on.

When 1.2 comes out legacy unlocks will be very expensive.

I have heard that some of the highest level unlocks will cost 12.5 million credits.

Link? Most are unlocked by legacy level, not credits.