BW, you absolutely must roll back the zero credits for WZs nerf

yukirshiro

i've seen this said on the pts forum as well, and quite honestly i don't know what you people are talking about.

they're talking about getting 0 credits for a wz at level 50, not noob stuff.

Edited by Evuke

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show me one post/statement/anything for the devs of the game confirming that they implemented pvp in the game as a way to avoid doing any PvE.

Did I say people are complaining about the pvp element of the game? Regardless it is definitely an afterthought.

If they dont make any more changes to PvP in the future, maybe like 10-20% of the playerbase will drop out.

If they dont make any more PvE content every x number of months, you can say goodbye to the entire playerbase of swtor.

That's why I said pvp is merely an afterthought, while necessary, it still is a very small part of the game.

They've stated MULTIPLE times that strictly PvPing is as viable a way to level as PvE, even if it's slower. Also, still waiting on the relevance. You failed to answer WHY they would remove it when it was fine as is. Doesn't matter if PvP's an afterthought or not. Also, 20% a small part? Maybe the minority but that's still a lot of subs, especially for a brand new MMO. Lastly, thank you for avoiding giving an answer to part of my post.

For your own sake, stop trying to use logic. It just doesn't work for everyone.

Edited by dschlan

Im making a fool out of myself....Let me get your argument straight first !!!

Your either a Hardcore dedicated PVPer that has all the TOP PVP gear that is Earned by grinding PVP warzones, and ILUM...For which you need ZERO credits, as all your Gear , Relics, Stims, Weapons, Rewards come from comms and PVP...!!!

Or you are a half baked PVPer that really likes to do a bit of PVE now and again that you get Credits for, to buy your gear, Or you craft in a PVE environment that earns and requires you to PVE to obtain your Materials....

Which one are you, because your argument to me is a bit twisted...

If you are a dedicated PVPer and that is all you do, YOU NEED NO CREDITS..!!!

If you like to PVE and have involvement in PVE which includes crafting, You need credits, which you get from PVE.!!!

Its not rocket science.

Name me ONE PVP item you need credits for, and I will go away...!!!

So I don't need credits to optimize my pvp gear? I'm pretty sure I spent over 200k credits doing that.

Ok, now go away.

They've stated MULTIPLE times that strictly PvPing is as viable a way to level as PvE, even if it's slower. Also, still waiting on the relevance. You failed to answer WHY they would remove it when it was fine as is. Doesn't matter if PvP's an afterthought or not. Also, 20% a small part? Maybe the minority but that's still a lot of subs, especially for a brand new MMO. Lastly, thank you for avoiding giving an answer to part of my post.

umm....

For your own sake, stop trying to use logic. It just doesn't work for everyone.

ahh ok nevermind, I was going to reply above, but since logic wont work for you, there is no point.

umm....

ahh ok nevermind, I was going to reply above, but since logic wont work for you, there is no point.

Oh, no response, that's cool :) Please don't try to reply to anything after this, you obviously have no clue what you're doing.

Since you obviously didn't understand, I was warning you that your logic is glaringly flawed and has been shot down continuously and as such was simply making you look foolish. Go away now.

Edited by dschlan

they're talking about getting 0 credits for a wz at level 50, not noob stuff.

Well, no. When we say zero we don't actually mean ZERO. But it's effectively zero. It's a huge nerf.

Yesterday my 50 was getting like 1300 credits for a win, and zero or very close to zero for a loss. That's just crazy. It's literally not enough to pay for training past level 15 or so, even if you spend credits on nothing else.

Edited by yukirshiro

as a sniper (class not known for its medal farming abilities); unrated matches

First match:

@ lvl 12: Huttball, win. 7 medals, 1150 credits, ~22k EXP.

Second match:

@ lvl 13: Voidstar, loss, 7 medals, 0 credits, ~20k EXP.

The scary thing is those are basically the same numbers I was seeing on my level 43 alt yesterday. I will try again tomorrow and get actual figures, but I remember getting maybe 1300 or so for a win and nothing or very close to nothign for a loss. Same with my 50.

It seems to basically not scale at all any more.

Edited by yukirshiro

Oh, no response, that's cool :) Please don't try to reply to anything after this, you obviously have no clue what you're doing.

Since you obviously didn't understand, I was warning you that your logic is glaringly flawed and has been shot down continuously and as such was simply making you look foolish. Go away now.

Oh you shut me down really good, you addressed everything I said. Funny thing is all I remember you saying "Why did they remove the credits..wah wah wah"

Hec if I know. Did I lie to you and tell you I am a developer with Bio and will give you the reason for removing credits? I dont care what the reason is. It could be a good one or a awful one.

I was making the point that relying on a PvE game for an exclusively PvP experience is your freaking fault, not BIO.

I can see from a pure PvPers standpoint that this change does not matter all to much. Someone who spends a very high percentage of time doesn't need a steady income of credits.

As for the crowd that does PvE and if their off time spends it in a warzone, this change is game changing. Not all players go through PvE content and one shots every boss every time and a death costs a lot of credits. Along with that, for those who do not have reusable medpacks and stims have to purchase them. Yes, you gain credits from trash and boss kills, but it rarely equates to the loss in day to day PvE content.

This change does not allow the PvEer to go into warzones in their off time, instead, they will have to spend that hour or two doing dailys to be able to purchase the essentials that comes with PvE content.

Also, I'm not big into Twitter so I must be missing something here, but did he only answer 3 questions total?

Edited by _Kayko_

Going to have to agree with OP.

This sticks out so much as the wrong thing to do that I'm completely baffled as to why it could have ever been thought of.

Don't drive away the pvpers in this game BW! Put up a dev thread & put it to a vote. Let the subs decide what they'd rather have.

I hope that new GTN is as intuitive and user-friendly as they claimed.

I've got two cargo bays full of 340 missions.

Once the initial market starts to run dry, I'm dumping them for those in the mad rush to corner a market.

If they get the crafting going, I'm set to exploit demand. If not then they still sell for at least 10k each, so I'll have a nest egg I suppose.

Edited by Numerii

Whoa, whoa...WHOA...

This is NOT cool at all- all I do is pvp and manage to gain credits at a very slow pace compared to if I turned to pve.

If this goes in Live then I will go broke within a few days...and stay that way unless I pve or decide to leave game.

As it stands the system is fine- you only advance steady if you have nothing to spend it on...once you decide to make a few purchases then poof it goes quick.

This would be the straw that broke the camels back for me, I already let one sub end, if this goes live I will cancel my only sub.

Any company that thinks it can 'force' consumer behavior is deluding it self. Consumers will always go for what they think is best for them.

I have a Level 35 Commando that's on Balmorra

I have a level 33 Sentinel that's on Balmorra

I have a level 17 Powertech that's on Balmorra (currently playing)

I have a level 28 Assassin that's not far removed from doing Balmorra.

Also have a 44 Sage and 40 Scoundrel

I dont want to do Balmorra again...dont take my pvp monies :(

PVE simply has no options on where to level.

Edited by Luciferhawke

So Bioware, the things are like this:

Ive spend hours and hours to get daily commendations - farmed 440 of them for a speeder and 2 implants. Then i have spend 2.5 mil credits for a white crystal that you are removing from the game. Now i like to pvp and will never do more dailies, and if you nerf the credits in wzs, it means you are forcing me to loose time in doing pve dailies or pve endgame (cause you are not nerfing credits there) instead playing the wzs which is the only thing i like to do in this game. If i cancel my sub is not a big deal....but drop by drop makes a dam.

Terrible change. Changes like these just upset paying customers and make them quit. Just like ****** the sorc class does too.

BW: If you think your dumb legacy thing is going to keep people playing this game when there are people who cant make money PVPn because thats what they like to do, and people who play sorcs that have had their toons destroyed you are sadly mistaken.

If you are going to allow people to lvl up in PVP, they need to make money doing it. Im more blown away they made this PVP change than not nerfing dps gear wearing sin tanks...WOW

And here we go again. BioWare obviously doesn't support PvP at all.

They just basically wants 1-49 bracket to be less active it seems. If you PvP alot, you won't be able to afford any gear nor send companions to collect crafting materials. It's the same with 50 bracket. If you PvP alot, you will be broke quite quickly...

What the **** was the idea behind this change?

BioWare, why don't you want people to PvP? I don't understand this decision at all. This is an MMO. Some people don't care about PvE content and just wants to PvP. I know you don't understand this with all the previous SP games, but in MMOs, PvP is a very important aspect. You should ENCOURAGE people to PvP, not force them to not to.

Edited by PalawaJoko

These changes are fkin stupid and if they dont pull their heads out of their asses I'll quit this pathetic excuse for an mmorpg.

I am sick and tired of biowares approach towards PvP. They randomly slam the nerfbat around, they slowly break the game in half. They add new content to keep us playing while they slowly wreck all good features.