Romance with a Jedi shouldn't be an option at all

Mangese

Hmmm. I must have hit the wrong button.

The very first romance option you see for her does in fact have DS points, and there is no LS option for romance yet. But back when I did it, there was still some question about if the story arc was bugged or not. Taking the DS option would break the rest of the arc with her.

So when it came up I took a different option, and then the next dialog or perhaps the one after that had a neutral romance option.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The very first romance option you see for her does in fact have DS points, and there is no LS option for romance yet. But back when I did it, there was still some question about if the story arc was bugged or not. Taking the DS option would break the rest of the arc with her.

So when it came up I took a different option, and then the next dialog or perhaps the one after that had a neutral romance option.

Well, they definitely fixed it, since I was able to end up marrying her after the initial DS option. Didn't break the rest of the arc.

I don't know if it has already been said but, if some of you heard the story of Shaela Nuur, you'll know that if a female or male, serving in the Republic, suddenly feels emotions for another one, she already made the crime. I don't want to tell the story about her because it's quite long.

A Jedi from the Council will definitely feel when you have emotions and love for another, and they'd ban you. That's what happended to Shaela Nuur.

Look it up ;)

I forget where I saw it, but one of the books states that Luke Skywalker felt that the restrictive nature of the code on emotions was actually partially RESPONSIBLE for Anakin's fall to the Dark Side as he and Padme were forced to hide their affair from the Jedi Order, the very people who could have best helped him. One thing is certain, the fact that Anakin was forced to keep his love a secret made Darth Sidious job in corrupting Anakin far the more easier.

One has to wonder what might have happened had Obi-Wan or Yoda had known about their love and given him council and protection, Sidious might not have been able to warp Anakin's mind as easily as he did.

Remember Anakin was destined to restore balance in the force, there was no mention about his fall to the Dark Side. He could have easily avoided that fate had he chosen to.

This is the reason why I find it so hard, to roll a Jedi in this game.

I want to start one but I think I'd have the fastest accumulation of DS points that I've ever had...I just can't stand the Jedi code. >_<

So what about it anakin broke the code luke did so did bastila and revan

Luke didn't break the Code. He threw it out the freakin' window and never looked back. I like how Luke runs the Jedi Order. Deal with incidents on a case by case basis and not initiate sweeping "reforms" that hinder others.

That said, Bastila and Revan didn't break the code. Neither did Anakin until he turned to the dark side. They broke the Council's precious set of rules meant to keep love out of their lives. Some of us just have a rebel streak in us that says "**** you all!" to the abuse of authority. The Jedi enacted these reforms in the first place out of fear. Fear because a few had fallen because of bad breakups or because their family got murdered and they went Old Testament on the perpetrators. Instead of addressing the larger problem of the Jedi who fell because they decided they wanted more power.

That does bring it up... if jedi are supposed to be asexual (or at least chaste):

How did they not die off a LONG time ago? I mean really... force sensitivity isn't entirely genetic but there's a strong correlation. It's like having a religion that forbids evangelism. Not sustainable in the long term!

That does bring it up... if jedi are supposed to be asexual (or at least chaste):

How did they not die off a LONG time ago? I mean really... force sensitivity isn't entirely genetic but there's a strong correlation. It's like having a religion that forbids evangelism. Not sustainable in the long term!

Well, considering that 1/3 of the players that play Jedi play them dark side anyways... :p

Ok, MAJOR SPOILER ALERT INCOMING....

During the romance arc with Kira, she does some research on Jedi being allowed to marry and start a family. Those Jedi, however, must adhere to an extremely strict set of criteria to even qualify. They must have been raised in the Jedi Order from birth or early childhood, and must NOT form an attachment. Their children, if any, are taken from them at birth and raised by the Order itself, with little to no contact with their parents.

Seriously, that's a pretty f***ed up way to do it, but that's how the Jedi roll on relationships. :p

How did they not die off a LONG time ago?

Force sensitivity isn't simply a matter of genetics. There's cases in the Lore of people who never had a known Force Sensitive in their family becoming so.

Then there's Anakin himself, who is the best example of not needing genetics to be Force Sensitive.

This is the reason why I find it so hard, to roll a Jedi in this game.

I want to start one but I think I'd have the fastest accumulation of DS points that I've ever had...I just can't stand the Jedi code. >_<

You can be a good person and thumb your nose at the Code without getting TOO many DS points, I think. Kira's not a big fan of the Code either, but that doesn't mean she loves DS choices.

Ok, MAJOR SPOILER ALERT INCOMING....

During the romance arc with Kira, she does some research on Jedi being allowed to marry and start a family. Those Jedi, however, must adhere to an extremely strict set of criteria to even qualify. They must have been raised in the Jedi Order from birth or early childhood, and must NOT form an attachment. Their children, if any, are taken from them at birth and raised by the Order itself, with little to no contact with their parents.

Seriously, that's a pretty f***ed up way to do it, but that's how the Jedi roll on relationships. :p

Woah! Who is on the Dark side again?!

Having loveless sex, in a love less marriage, and then having your kids taken from you so you don't become attached to them?!

That's horrble, completely horrible! Even my DS3 sith has more compassion, thain that.

Yeaa...this is why the Jedi, will allways fail. :jawa_evil:

Edited by JediElf

Force sensitivity isn't simply a matter of genetics. There's cases in the Lore of people who never had a known Force Sensitive in their family becoming so.

Then there's Anakin himself, who is the best example of not needing genetics to be Force Sensitive.

Yeah but there is a correlation meaning the chance of one being born would be less and less, even though it wouldn't ever be 0. And for all we know, it can skip generations. Also, Anakin and his mother were slaves. How much did they really know about their ancestry? For all we know, he DID have force-sensitives in his bloodline somewhere.

Also, look at pureblood sith.

For all we know, he DID have force-sensitives in his bloodline somewhere.

Perhaps but the point was he didn't have a father, but was conceived by the Force itself. If we accept that the Force has a will, and can do things like that. It means that Force Sensitives will never die out, because the Force can alter the biology of someone before they are born.

Perhaps but the point was he didn't have a father, but was conceived by the Force itself. If we accept that the Force has a will, and can do things like that. It means that Force Sensitives will never die out, because the Force can alter the biology of someone before they are born.

Yeah, I suppose that's a valid point. Still not a fan of that part of the lore though, but guess I'll have to accept it...

Edited by Stenrik

I still say that was a story of Shmi's to cover up that she got really drunk one night and couldn't remember the name of her babydaddy.

But seriously, immaculate conception in Star Wars... Trying to turn Anakin into Jesus... Worst. Plot. Device. Ever. :p

There is no emotion, there is peace.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

There is no death, there is the Force.

Emotion leads to the dark side, love is an emotion and therefore leads to the darkside

Love is also a passion - passion leads to the darkside.

Or in anakins case led to the dark side and back to the light. Love of a woman to the dark love of a son back to the light. A code is a moral pattern aspired to. People are not perfect and transgress codes in both the lore and reality.

But seriously, immaculate conception in Star Wars...

Granted.

But even if we aren't quite willing to go that far, I think it's fairly reasonable to say that the Force could play around with the biology/genetics of someone and produce more Force Sensitives if it came to that.

Or another way... I don't think the Force would let itself become ineffective just because some people have commitment issues. :)

On a more serrious note. Even if the Jedi Order doesn't approve of relationships, they still happen. In current era as well as previous ones it seems to be a bit of a 'don't ask, don't tell' type thing. Also there's lots of lore in game as well as other places about Jedi having lovers or just flings. You don't really need a committed relationship to have children after all.

I still say that was a story of Shmi's to cover up that she got really drunk one night and couldn't remember the name of her babydaddy.

But seriously, immaculate conception in Star Wars... Trying to turn Anakin into Jesus... Worst. Plot. Device. Ever. :p

QFT. Also, she WAS a slave and could've been, er, taken advantage of against her will, and just didn't want to admit it to Anakin or Qui Gon.

Corran was able to marry Mirax because Luke saw how utterly stupid the Jedi Code was before, and how little sense it made to actually ban relationships except in special circumstances. Also, Anakin and Padme went behind the Council's backs to get married, and when Obi-Wan found out, he chewed Anakin out.... although by that point, he was Darth Vader, and it really didn't sink in. My whole argument here is that in many cases, the WHOLE BLASTED MESS could have been solved if it were openly allowed instead of condemned. If Anakin and Padme had been allowed to marry, then he wouldn't have had such a tough time with the visions of her death. He could have asked Obi-Wan, Mace, Yoda, etc. to help, instead of going to Palpatine.

Ironically, if Anakin didn't turn to the dark side Padme wouldn't have died. The stress and sorrow of knowing that Anakin turned to the dark side was the real reason that she died, not the childbirth. So Anakin is the real reason for his vision coming true.

its against the code - and where is does come up with companions its always a dark side option.

As if the code ever stopped any Jedi from having a relationship...

Jedi are human/human-like beings - they ALWAYS have a choice. The consequences may differ depending on the circumstances, but the possibility is always there.

• 10 years later...
There is no emotion, there is peace.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

There is no death, there is the Force.

Emotion leads to the dark side, love is an emotion and therefore leads to the darkside

Love is also a passion - passion leads to the darkside.

Basically you would be right about that, however this Jedi Code is only one version of it. There is another, also known as a Mantra which is stated here:

Emotion, yet peace.

Ignorance, yet knowledge.

Passion, yet serenity.

Chaos, yet harmony.

Death, yet the Force.

While acknowledging emotions, it still states that there will be peace, while you can be ignorant, there will always be knowledge, while you can be passionate, there will always be serenity. Jedi are not forbideen to love, they just should not put this person before others or put them above others. An example would be, woudl you save a planet or the person you love, if you choose the person you love, you got a way to stong attachment which led you to the choice to murder billions, or you decide to sacrifice your love to save those billions. It is an extreme case but this is basically how the Jedi worked. Yes you basically violate the code, but you are still a Jedi, if you still think rational and choose to love them, but not put them higher then others.

The problem with the Jedi code is having no emotions or emotional attachments leads to a bunch of sociopaths , BIG example Darth VADER. You are not suppose to put anyone Before your duty is basically the concept, if you can't do it, well then, you become like the Sith. The Sith code, demands you try to harness the most violent emotions rather then the most peaceful ones like love and kindness. Its a kind of quandary. Thus the middle. Its why I try to stick to the light side Sith ( if there is such a thing), believing in love and compassion but still have emotions but not falling into the trap of violence without purpose. Haven't a clue if that helps or is completely confusing.

its against the code - and where is does come up with companions its always a dark side option.

It was frowned upon but accepted through old republic era. It became more strict around 1000 bby if I remember correctly. And of course during modern star wars era, it would get you kicked out of the jedi order with few exceptions. So no, you are not taking away my jedi LI's.