What happens if I use two defensive abilities at the same time?

Majestic_Jazz

As a Sith Juggernaut tank, there are two defensive abilities that I use often:

Saber Ward: Cooldown 3m

Raises a lightsaber ward, increasing melee and ranged defenses by 50% and reducing the damage taken from Force and tech attacks by 25%. Last 12 seconds

Invincible: Cooldown 3m

Reduces all damage taken by 40% for 10 seconds

---------------------

So how would it work out if I used both of them at the same time? Do they stack? Or does activating say....Invincible while Saber Ward is in use, cancels out the effects of Saber Ward and only goes with Invincible?

This is something that I always wanted to know. There are times in PvE and PvP when I am dying and suddenly I panic and just activate both abilities at the same time thinking that I get some UBER defensive bonus but that might not be the case.

So yeah, can someone explain this to me?

Thanks.

As a Sith Juggernaut tank, there are two defensive abilities that I use often:

Saber Ward: Cooldown 3m

Raises a lightsaber ward, increasing melee and ranged defenses by 50% and reducing the damage taken from Force and tech attacks by 25%. Last 12 seconds

Invincible: Cooldown 3m

Reduces all damage taken by 40% for 10 seconds

---------------------

So how would it work out if I used both of them at the same time? Do they stack? Or does activating say....Invincible while Saber Ward is in use, cancels out the effects of Saber Ward and only goes with Invincible?

This is something that I always wanted to know. There are times in PvE and PvP when I am dying and suddenly I panic and just activate both abilities at the same time thinking that I get some UBER defensive bonus but that might not be the case.

So yeah, can someone explain this to me?

Thanks.

Whether they stack or not there are very few situations that would justify using both at once. Those are very long cooldowns to burn both at once, so in short I've never done it or found the reason to test it.

They "stack" but there is no sense in stackim them, since you will lose almost all of Invincible advantage during Saber Ward simply by not allowing it to work.

It works this way:

Saber Ward gives you 2s 100% defense and then 10s +50% defense, assuming you are a tank, and on retaliation you should easly reach 80% defense for 12s, 8GDC. So it works BEFORE YOU ARE BEING HIT by not allowing said hit to happen.

So in worst case scanerio you will be hit once every 4 blows, more likely once in every 5-6 incoming.

Ivincible works on next level, AFTER YOU ARE HIT, when you are already hit incoming damage is reduced by 40%, as far as i know it is applied at the end, after yours damage reduction.

So in order to fully benefit from Invincible you should not use Saber Ward, rather chain them.

Another thing is Saber Ward does not work on Force and Tech attacks (yellow) - important in PVP. (you cannot avoid tech and force, only reduce dmg by 25%)

In PVE also wont work on special attacks from bosses and all that damn fire.

Invincible COVERS ALL KINDS OF DAMAGE ALWAYS !!.

So you use them on different ocasions basicly.

From my experience and tests (I stacked and chained various combinations of relics/talents/adrenals) it is always better idea to chain your defensive CD rather than stack, so use shield relic, defense cd and invincible on worst things.

Edited by KVork