Alusteel. tier 2 ut metal

kreeshak

On the regular missions it's random chance - you need a crit on an grade 2 underworld metal mission to get alusteel. The higher your companion's affection, the better the chance to crit.

You can also look if there are purple underworld missions (one use) sold on the GTN of the appropriate level range. They guarantee purple mats.

I regularly buy rank 2 UT missions because even the blues yield Alusteel. I get 2 pieces from a blue mission (3 on crit) and 4 from a purple mission (5 on crit).

With all maxed companions, it's rare for them not to come back with Alusteel from a Rich mission (and especially Tanno, who has the UT critical bonus).

In addition to companion affection, it seems to me that outleveling the mission may also increase chance to crit. I'm only saying that because mine seem to crit a lot more frequently on lowbie missions than on top-end ones.

In addition to companion affection, it seems to me that outleveling the mission may also increase chance to crit. I'm only saying that because mine seem to crit a lot more frequently on lowbie missions than on top-end ones.

This may be true, but I'd also add that the failure chance on a "grey" mission is zero.