Weekend Pass; a review from a new player

DreaddJester

Hey OP, during the beta + early access (and even some time after the release), I had a LOT of fun playing the game. However, the fun will not last. The entire game gets stale within a month (and if you get to level 50, you're going to be tearing your hair out in boredom).

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey OP, during the beta + early access (and even some time after the release), I had a LOT of fun playing the game. However, the fun will not last. The entire game gets stale within a month (and if you get to level 50, you're going to be tearing your hair out in boredom).

^^This^^

The low levels are the funnest you'll see in the game. Wait til you leave your first planet. It's gets old and boring fast. Once you're 50 and have everything in a few weeks you can level alts start over again and do all the same quests you did before except your class quests. Get ready to get a callous on your thumb from spacebarring, heh.

Edited by Tiam

Just because this happened to you, doesn't mean it happens to everybody. I've been 50 for a good while now, and I'm not bored at all. For me, the fun lasts.

Good post, OP. Welcome aboard!

awesome, glad you liked it and welcome to our "universe" the game is immense fun and im soooo addicted, too bad my pc died, had to reboot, reinstall, and download 27gbs....again....lol half way through the main assets now and im like a kid on xmas morning, i cant wait to play me fave game of all time again!! :) :)

^^This^^

The low levels are the funnest you'll see in the game. Wait til you leave your first planet. It's gets old and boring fast. Once you're 50 and have everything in a few weeks you can level alts start over again and do all the same quests you did before except your class quests. Get ready to get a callous on your thumb from spacebarring, heh.

I actually thought the starting planet was the worst, almost stopped playing... but so far I have yet to get "bored" with the game with 1 level 48 character and 1 level 28 character (waiting to see what legacy holds in store!).

While questing can get "boring" there is more to do than that, you can do flashpoints... you could be friendly and help out some newbs... you can pvp... you can roll new toons... you can help out your guildies... you can craft/trade/sell... you can do (maybe silly but ok) space missions... etc.

Maybe its just because I'm a console gamer and this is my first shot at an MMO since back in the days of Diablo 1, but I am enjoying the game and have spent much more time on it than any generic 1 player rpg on a console, with much much more content as well. So to all the haters, stop whining and go outside if you hate the game so much... you could probably use the sunlight;)

While I can see the chat thing (didnt realize that was the case till this read) I think that would kinda suck for the weekend trials simply because you can ask questions for help. There was a TON of stuff I had to ask about initially and that helped immensely.

Glad you enjoyed it overall!

I've had 3 friends that I got to do the free weekend and they all bought the game and subbed. when they logged in I told them to wisper me in game but found that it would not let trial accounts wisper either. I guess to keep people from creating trial accounts and spaming garbage in trade and wispering garbage to others.

Well played Bioware, and thanks I got my friends to quit wow and join the darkside :)

You'll get bored before 50.

Really the game is fun for a weekend and after that it gets boring real fast.

Really? Hmmm, why am I not bored yet? I started playing the first day of early access. I should have been bored before the game was actually released if this were true.

Basically, what the OP said.

I played the weekend trial, ended up purchasing the game so I could keep progressing with the story. FINALLY got my ship back! That was a great moment.

I'm stuck hoping that the server I chose will stay busy, it's tough to do group content on a "light population" server. Overall, love the story, the cut scenes make you feel like you're a part of the game and give a bit more to the storyline :)

I bought the game and I'll be playing for a while. Anyone on Tomb of Freedon Nadd, look me up! Ingame as Keene the scoundrel.

not enough hate in this thread. just saying.

lmao =)

Nice read OP. At first I thought the Devs cut the trials off from Gen chat to protect them from the large amount of trollage they'd recieve but your look on it is probably correct.

Just steer clear of the forums lol

@OP, welcome!

The low population of my origin server nearly drove me to quit. I had actually unsubscribed after hitting 50, but found renewed joy and enthusiasm in the combination of PVP (where socializing is a must) and rolling an alt on a high population server (the contrast is immense).

Now I'm enjoying myself quit a bit. I've got my main progressing through PVE/PVP dailies on Ilum and, in the meantime, have my alt establishing a presence, making friends on the new high-pop server. I'll either transfer my main or, if mergers occur, will stay put and bring over my alt. Either way, the result will be a high-pop home someday.

Again, welcome and I hope you enjoy the game. Advice is, of course, to make a home on a thriving server.

[Edit]

I, too, participated in CB and began my journey w/ the early game access period... so the notion of burnout -- be it TOR or MMOs in general -- is simply objective. There are those who love the game, like the game, don't care, dislike the game, or hate the game. And there are those among these who are heartbroken, hoping for a better future. Don't take anyone's opinion as a generalization- mine included, of course. Your opinion is the only one that matters; be it positive, neutral or negative. You're the one investing time, money and effort, right? Right!

Edited by BlutImAuge