Amazing! LEGACY armor sets, I likes it!

Tricky-Ha

You guys know, this is probably a few sets out of however many they designed right?

No, I don't think that's true at all. These armor sets are on vendors, they're not random reward drops. What you see on the vendor's is all you'll ever get of these LEGACY armor sets in TOR. Y'know, unless they add more in patch 1.3 & 1.77.

They haven't been doing that for the CE vendors they they actually promised to CE buyers that that would happen. :p Lies..oh they tell little lies...

Edited by Tricky-Ha

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I don't think that's true at all. These armor sets are on vendors, they're not random reward drops. What you see on the vendor's is all you'll ever get of these LEGACY armor sets in TOR. Y'know, unless they add more in patch 1.3 & 1.77.

They haven't been doing that for the CE vendors they they actually promised to CE buyers that that would happen. :p Lies..oh they tell little lies...

You know that things are subject to change right?...Just because in the vendors now, shows those sets. Doesn't mean by the time its released, more won't be put in.

Sorry but the Inquisitor gear looks lame. It's just my personal taste that I don't like purple. I'm not putting that on my assassin. I'll stick with the traditional Sith look I get out of the Saber Marshal orange gear.

Have you guys heard of the "unwritten Rules of SWTOR"? One of them is that you're only supposed to play Consular or Inquisitor classes with female player characters, if you're not you're doing it wrong & your male JC or SI is wearing women's dresses in women's coloring.

You know that things are subject to change right?...Just because in the vendors now, shows those sets. Doesn't mean by the time its released, more won't be put in.

I'm just saying, BioWare always says "subject to change", but show an example since the game has been live where that's happened? Like I said, CE vendors never got new gear. Neither did our Social vendors, PvP & endgame PvE...in the 3 months since SWTOR's been live no new gear has been placed on any vendors in the game.

That's a pretty solid track record & it's time to stop saying "things are subject to change" when nothing ever changes. :p

I'm just messing around while I'm eating & waiting to get back on test server to do more PvP, but stop this & let BioWare defend themselves. You're not helping them much. ;)

Decent is the true word.

P.S.: that's better than the other new sets but not epic nor finely tuned. Still you are in the right direction as this gear does not looks like overdone.

I've learned that I'm not going to get exactly what I asked for with BioWare, so if they aim for something & it's close enough to what I wanted, like more variety of gear in the game that can be obtained from NOT doing endgame raiding. Not getting it from endgame raiding/flashpoints is important & it being not overdone is also very important, so I give BioWare credit where credit is due.

I still hate what I won't play, the JC & SI gear is always silly looking. The rest of the other classes LEGACY gear, yep decent is the right word. ;) Decent enough that I'm going to grind Legacy levels to get that gear. Hopefully the actually grinding of LEGACY levels won't kill all the fun that I want to experience if & when I'm wearing some of this Legacy stuff on my characters.

Edited by Tricky-Ha

Some of it used to be orange gear I do recognize that now, but I think there was never a full set of Smuggler gear that had the Exalted Smuggler hood-thingy that I like. I hadn't played any Republic characters in live yet, so I don't know if that stuff shows up much as orange pieces.

The exalted smuggler head is new but based on an existing orange. They added goggles and the headphones to the exsiting Flexiglass Headgear

To compare smuggler gear if you get bored, check link in my signature ;)

Also, as you said in another post in this thread, I agree, there is no reason to expect more legacy gear to be added soon. Especially not in 1.2. They already left out the promissed social gear.

The only vendor that got updated since launch with more gear by the way was the fleet commendation vendor who got two more sets of social outfits at some point.

The exalted smuggler head is new but based on an existing orange. They added goggles and the headphones to the exsiting Flexiglass Headgear

To compare smuggler gear if you get bored, check link in my signature ;)

Also, as you said in another post in this thread, I agree, there is no reason to expect more legacy gear to be added soon. Especially not in 1.2. They already left out the promissed social gear.

The only vendor that got updated since launch with more gear by the way was the fleet commendation vendor who got two more sets of social outfits at some point.

Oh, I didn't know that about social gear. Dulfy had posted up images of all the Rep/SI social gear a while back, but I have absolutely no social gear. I don't own a single orange light armor rated piece since I play BH & it's hard to get groups for flashpoints so I sorta gave up on doing them altogether. It's a shame too cause there's a lot of cool social gear in the game, but all that content is gated behind social points needed to buy the gear. If there was some bloody same server group finder tool for flashpoints I'd be rolling in social points & social gear cause I really love doing the flashpoint group conversations...but BioWare gave us an excuse at the Guild Summit for why we're not getting same server que'ing for at least another 6 months to a year. Something about the LEGACY content messing up their efforts to make grouping for FP's easier. I don't get how anyone outside of a major guild is getting all their Tionese/Rakata gear from constantly running all 7+ HM flashpoints.

I haven't been able to join in on HM & nightmare flashpoints & OPS cause I just got a 1st level 50 last week.

There has got to be another way to get social gear, if I could just buy it with regular credits instead...

Edited by Paralassa
content

My Consular in game (lvl 40) already has a set that looks like Consular Exlted set. Same color and all pieces are fully modable. I have the head piece hidden so I don't look as bad as in the picture, and I use Muse pants from the Alderaan Comendations Vendor so I don't have the "dress look". The only down side to wearing pants instead of the skirt is the crotch piece attached to the chest sticks out away from the crotch as if the skirt was on, but it's only noticble in profile....and when you are a Consular packing a "double size saber" that extra room helps protect the Legacy Jewels. :)

I'll have to compare base stats with no mods in them, but as far as looks goes it's nothing new.

Edited by Yager

Glad I made my first 50 a cybertech.

750k + missions = Full gear for my alts that I can upgrade while I level.

Just need to get my artificer leveled up now so I can make enhancements, I'll be a 1 man twink shop :p

I've learned that I'm not going to get exactly what I asked for with BioWare, so if they aim for something & it's close enough to what I wanted, like more variety of gear in the game that can be obtained from NOT doing endgame raiding. Not getting it from endgame raiding/flashpoints is important & it being not overdone is also very important, so I give BioWare credit where credit is due.

I still hate what I won't play, the JC & SI gear is always silly looking. The rest of the other classes LEGACY gear, yep decent is the right word. ;) Decent enough that I'm going to grind Legacy levels to get that gear. Hopefully the actually grinding of LEGACY levels won't kill all the fun that I want to experience if & when I'm wearing some of this Legacy stuff on my characters.

All you have to do to gain legacy levels is what you normally do - kill mobs, quest, do flashpoints and PvP. On Lord Aldraas, I'm on legacy level eight and almost to nine, though I'm sort of an altoholic (which might make it easier to gain levels? Idunno how it works, precisely.).

All you have to do to gain legacy levels is what you normally do - kill mobs, quest, do flashpoints and PvP. On Lord Aldraas, I'm on legacy level eight and almost to nine, though I'm sort of an altoholic (which might make it easier to gain levels? Idunno how it works, precisely.).

My 50 is legacy lvl 9 too...but most of this gear is restricted to legacy lvl 20. I hope that changes before this patch goes live.

I think the biggest thing i'm excited about is the second JK Guardian armor... I've been hoping that'd be made into orange quality for quite some time and completely remakes me thing going Sentinal for my JK alt.

Some of the other stuff looks cool and some if it i'll never wear, but floats for different boats I suppose.

I don't really enjoy the cost of them though, I get 25k to 50k a piece, but almost a million credits just for some recolored orange gear that should have been in the game at launch it quite steep in my opinion.

Edited by Norke