Pvp question

ripamorame

Will immortal be better in 1.2? I have never pvp'd in it but i am considering a change as i do pve on the side i was just wondering can i pvp as immortal in 1.2? and is it worth gearing for tank gear in pvp for ranked so i can do objective defend healers and ball carry?

Immortal's not bad, but I find myself reliant on having a good healer and at least one good dps with me. Currently only have centurion gear, but I picked up all dps gear and the shield, because from what I heard, absorb is pointless in pvp. To my knowledge, we're supposed to stack defense rating, and any absorb mods/enhancements should be replaced with dps (power maybe?) mods. Sorry I'm not spot on with this because I'm still fairly new to the gearing system, but playstyle-wise, it's not bad.

Immortal pvp you're gonna be jumping your guard around on different allies, making sure that you're taking the 50% of their damage without taking any additional damage to yourself. You're gonna be interceding as much as possible under optimal conditions to give that ally the defense buff. You're gonna be taunting enemy dps to lower their outgoing damage (aoe taunt is boss for grouped up opponents). Most of all, you're locking down the opponent healer with cc's and interrupts so the dps gets strangled and team goes bye-bye. You're the healer's best friend, especially when your guard is on them, which keeps them up, you up, and everyone else up.

Immortal's main purpose: utility and mitigation/protection. Shutdown their healers, weaken the damage output of the opponents, and weaken their defense so everyone else's job is easier. Hope that helps a little!