1.2 New armor models!

Iwipe

Sorc PVP gear looks like what I would expect from a Sith Sorceror. Sorcerors/Alchemists and all that were supposed to be pretty messed up in the head people obssessed with creating monsters etc.

The PVE gear belongs with Dragon Age 2 in the stupid Ideas trashcan.

Edited by Paralassa
content

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank god for the custom gear stuff, I'll have to farm credits for a week but itll be worth it to look like a lvl 35 BH instead of looking that that....whatever it is.

And funnily enough...the BH one is one of the nicer ones 8-) i really feel bad for agents....just wow..

Sorc PVP gear looks like what I would expect from a Sith Sorceror. Sorcerors/Alchemists and all that were supposed to be pretty messed up in the head people obssessed with creating monsters etc.

Well they look like water invasion from Rift.

The PVE gear belongs with Dragon Age 2 in the stupid Ideas trashcan.

DA2 or assassin's in Rift/AoC

And just realized what the knight PvP made me think about: Bioshock.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

One wonders in what kindergarden they held the art contest for all the armor designs? Or... if they just picked the first 5 year old they saw from the street to hire as boss for the armor designers...

:mad:

What the hell are all those added plate thingies and horns doing on the outfits? Just silly. They should have been slapped across the fingers when they started adding those.

Edited by Tari_Renfold

You read the "sorcerer" part too literally. It's got nothing to do with traditional fantasy sorcerers, it's just a name to distinguish the classes. Story-wise they're all just Sith, with their personal talents and preferences towards certain ways to apply the Force and their fighting skills etc.

You read the "sorcerer" part too literally. It's got nothing to do with traditional fantasy sorcerers, it's just a name to distinguish the classes. Story-wise they're all just Sith, with their personal talents and preferences towards certain ways to apply the Force and their fighting skills etc.

Sith Sorcerors are established in Star Wars lore beyonf the fantasy style.

Sith Sorcerors were the type that created stuff like Gharj etc. They are deranged freakish Sith that even other sith werent comfortable with. Rakghoul were the pet creation of a sorceror for instance.

Thats why the PVP set is fitting it goes with the lore style of Sith Sorcerors. The PVE gear looks like it belongs on a Ninja in Mist of Pandaria

Edited by Suba

The screenshots are nowhere nearly as ridiculous as viewing the armor pieces in game...

The JK chest (PvE) would be ok if they removed the shoulders things, the legs are ok, the boots and gloves look ridiculous.

The Trooper chest (PvE) is again ok, scrap the rest of the pieces.

The JC chest (PvE) looks like Age of Conan or Clash of the Titans, not Star Wars.

I spared myself looking at the smuggler pieces.

The two PvP versions I checked (JK and JC) are beyond horrible, a lot worse than the screenshots suggest.

Huge shoulders, spikes, gloves of self-impaling and similiar stuff don't make armor look good, epic or interesting, neither do extreme color combinations. Get inspiration from the movies, the Clone Wars series, the Knights of the Old Republic comics and you get the designs that look appropriate.

Dunno why all the QQing... have you guys actually watched the movies? There's a lot of weird stuff being worn in them.

I kinda like most of the sets actually. Trooper and BH especially look awesome.

A few of the others have some weird helmets but hey that's what 'Display Head Slot' is for.

Smugglers look a bit 'meh' I guess... Sage PvE probably wins the derp-tastic award though (Hi I'm a lvl 1 WoW Priest!)

Really the amount of whinging is getting crazy. People aren't happy unless they look like a cross between Satan, Sauron, Robocop and Unicron from Transformers and then everyone else has a cry because Joe Casual looks the same as the guy that lives in Mom's basement and plays 24/7.

Seriously some people in this game need to suck it up a bit.

Edited by jasta_

The Inquisitor pve set is AWESOME!!!

Everyone loves a walking bottle opener!

The pvp set is even better!!!

One question about it though, will Arnold Schwarzenegger make an appearance and try to kill me somewhere along the line? If he's covered in mud I'm in trouble, I won't be able to read his heat signature!!! God help me if I see Danny Glover...or Jesse "The Body" Ventura for that matter.

/sarcasm

Edited by Arnathis

Makes my golden samurai feel so much better. Wow, what are they taking inspiration from for the jedi knight? The Sage PvP is the only one for the Republic that you can tell is not actually a droid. Other than that everyone looks like a machine. If the crafted orange gear with an augment slot looks this bad, I won't know what to do.

the look of the new pve armours a massive let down, especially the empire ones. :(

the bounty hunter looks half finished and about as far from the heavily armed mercenary they're supposed to be as its possible to get, the sith warrior looks like something from power rangers, the sith inquistors look like rejected concepts from Assassin's Creed and the Imperial Agents look like a cheap knock-off of a sith warrior with a ridiculous mask.

i really hope they redesigned at some point as they all need work.

the look of the new pve armours a massive let down, especially the empire ones. :(

the bounty hunter looks half finished and about as far from the heavily armed mercenary they're supposed to be as its possible to get, the sith warrior looks like something from power rangers, the sith inquistors look like rejected concepts from Assassin's Creed and the Imperial Agents look like a cheap knock-off of a sith warrior with a ridiculous mask.

i really hope they redesigned at some point as they all need work.

Bout time the Imps learned what its like to have absolute garbage as armor looks.

I just cant even begin to think how they would come up with that TERRIBLE set for Sith Assassins and Sorcerers, the PVP set is passable...but the PVE raid set is the worst amor set ive seen in a rpg game to date, I think Two Worlds has better looking armor sets then that Mortal Kombat inspired garbage.