will this game survive before 1.2?

redluna

SWTOR will be here for 1.2 but Idk about after this year. It's headed down hill fast, today was my last day of sub, I have uninstalled along with most of my guild and I know of other similar stories. Simply put: WoW has set standards that will have to be met if you want to charge $15 subs.

Don't hate on me for telling you the truth. If BW can hold on to 1 million long term subscribers then they should count this game as a success.

Yeah WoW's had 8 years, it had a lot of bugs in vanilla and was no where near what it was today. This game's been out for 3 months, and only 1 month in Oceania. You seriously have no patience and your expecatations are unrealistically high. People need to give this game time to grow and advance, why do people expect a new game to be fast tracked and on par with a game that's had 8 years to change?

Because of the new gen of gamer's, the attitude of a gamer in general has changed. People will rage and quit over the tiniest reasons. It's a matter of self-entitlement. Years ago with a game people would say "oh here's a few bugs I've found, no worry, they'll release a patch." Now it's "OMG A BUG DATS IT I QUIT". It's not "I enjoy this game, I will give it time to grow." it's "I WANT DIS NOW NOW NOW!!!!". And that my friends, is why games that are enjoyable die.

Edited by AshpoolPhoenix

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are unrealistic expectations?

That most of the critical bugs get fixed in a respetable timeframe? SOA keeps bugging, Pylons keep bugging, I can't run (as many others) D7 without bugging one of the bosses, many DS BH can't finish they story due to a bug....

Stop comparing WoW with this game...when WoW was release, MMO were just starting, broadband was in its infancy, distributed computing was like rocket science.... technology has improved a lot in 7 years...so, STOP saying (yeah, but WoW had as many bugs when released)

Would you be happy with an Iphone/Android phone release today with all the bugs that the original iphone/android had? No, so why is this different.

And my last point. WoW had a great support team, if something bugged out, you will get an answer in-game after a few minutes.... I have tickets in my support screens for WEEKS now. (funny enough, one of the tickets is about a bug in the ticket tool)

Edited by Saint-Exupery

Paragraph

A paragraph (from the Greek paragraphos, "to write beside" or "written beside") is a self-contained unit of a discourse in writing dealing with a particular point or idea. A paragraph consists of one or more sentences. The start of a paragraph is indicated by beginning on a new line. Sometimes the first line is indented.

Grammarian failure. His writing stays on topic, no need for a new paragraph.

• 5 weeks later...
Yeah WoW's had 8 years, it had a lot of bugs in vanilla and was no where near what it was today. This game's been out for 3 months, and only 1 month in Oceania. You seriously have no patience and your expecatations are unrealistically high. People need to give this game time to grow and advance, why do people expect a new game to be fast tracked and on par with a game that's had 8 years to change?

Because of the new gen of gamer's, the attitude of a gamer in general has changed. People will rage and quit over the tiniest reasons. It's a matter of self-entitlement. Years ago with a game people would say "oh here's a few bugs I've found, no worry, they'll release a patch." Now it's "OMG A BUG DATS IT I QUIT". It's not "I enjoy this game, I will give it time to grow." it's "I WANT DIS NOW NOW NOW!!!!". And that my friends, is why games that are enjoyable die.

Would you buy a new car without cruise control, side curtain airbags, air con, traction control, Bluetooth, power steering etc etc ?

Consumer expectation is set by the industry standard.