will this game survive before 1.2?

redluna

Lol mass effect 3. Pay 60 bux, beat the game in a day and then come back to swtor unsatisfied with a horrible ending.

This is roughly translated as: paid 60 dollars for Mass Effect 3, blew through and ignored most of the content, which made the game harder on me and partily or heavily contributed to an ending I didn't care for. Also, I'm incapable of enjoying any movie,book or game that does not end in everyone holding hands and dancing in a field of daisies.

To answer the OP, since 1.2 is scheduled for early April and it's now mid March, something catastrophic would have to happen to cause TOR to die. I'm talking thermonuclear warfare,rogue asteroid ELE type catastrophic.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and lack of balancing

this for most.

Since release there was ONE small 'balace' where a allready gimped class was nerfed even more while the real OP classes are untoucht.

All we got since release are some minor bugfixes which had been fixed BEFORE it was released.

But gamers are so damn forgiving ... every BS will be defended with 'give it time' or 'do it better'.

Dude, when I try to make money with a product, I WILL do it better. And they had years to do it right before release.

I was blinded by the realy cool quest-videos and wanted to love this game.

But I should have known better when I saw EA is involved :(.

The game will go on, the next time this is asked will be " Will this game survive before 1.3"

Each new patch will be seen as the final nail in the coffin, or the messiah patch to end all patches, while being argued that it "all should have been in their since launch"

To answer the OP, since 1.2 is scheduled for early April and it's now mid March, something catastrophic would have to happen to cause TOR to die. I'm talking thermonuclear warfare,rogue asteroid ELE type catastrophic.

Actually May 15 is the day I actually see SWTOR taking a hit. *note not going to say catastrophic* Diablo 3 is coming out on that day and I know quite a few people ingame/RL along with myself that are looking forward to it heavily.

Actually May 15 is the day I actually see SWTOR taking a hit. *note not going to say catastrophic* Diablo 3 is coming out on that day and I know quite a few people ingame/RL along with myself that are looking forward to it heavily.

Every new game is heralded as a Killer, final nail in the coffin or to have a massive impact on every single game out there. First it was ME3, nows its DIII, then its GW2, then it will be ACIII, then something else, and so on and so on

Every new game is heralded as a Killer, final nail in the coffin or to have a massive impact on every single game out there. First it was ME3, nows its DIII, then its GW2, then it will be ACIII, then something else, and so on and so on

I didn't say KILLER, I just said I think SWTOR will take a hit, if you don't think it will happen then you haven't been playing MMO's for very long.

Diablo 3 is irrelevant. That is all.

I wanted Diablo 3 to be good. I really did, but I know it won't compare to Diablo and Diablo 2 because Blizzard axed the entire studio that made them, namely, Blizzard North. Without Blizzard North, there is no Diablo, in my opinion. It's not going to be the same grimdark world that is on the brink of annihilation that first enthralled us. From what I've seen, the character models and the world itself just looks alot like WoW, which is painful to my eyes.

Its all gone horribly. horribly wrong.

I was translating an ancient summerian cruciform text, when I came acrossed a passage that speaks of the one game that will rule them all. Using delicate translation tools, and mah cat, Buffy I was able to determine that this game will release on December 21, 2012.

Coincidence. I think not.

Now pardon me, I must go add tinfoil to my hat.

Edited by pairadox

all games are dying

GW2

Tera

Archeage

Planetside2

panda pokemon expansion

eh , any other game you can think of....

All these games when they launch will destroy all existing games because apparently no game can surive the launch of any new game.Even though history shows that no new game appearing in the market has destroyed some other game.

But never mind that.

When these games I mentioned launch they will not only destroy all existing games but will also destroy themselves.

Because no game can survive the release of any game.

These games can't even survive their own release.

Happy?

Its all gone horribly. horribly wrong.

I was translating an ancient summerian cruciform text, when I came acrossed a passage that speaks of the one game that will rule them all. Using delicate translation tools, and mah cat, Buffy I was able to determine that this game will release on December 21, 2012.

Coincidence. I think not.

Now pardon me, I must go add tinfoil to my hat.

lol :D (also pretty sure its cuneiform and not cruciform your talking about :p )

diablo 3 just released it's launch date to may 15. im not seeing any exact date for 1.2 patch.

my sub is ending this april 2. so right now what i do is, dailies, belsavis, ilum, pvp. tbh, turning to be quite boring for me.

im in swiftsure server and i can definitely see population drop after the asia pac servers released. before fleet don't go below 150 people, now the lowest i've seen is 80. in ilum 15, in belsavis 20.

i know there's lots of factors why people are leaving.

not enough end game content.

new games are coming out, (mass effect 3)

full of bugs specially in raiding

fps drops still not fixed until now.

maybe i should add, diablo 3 is dated.

with bioware not releasing a date for 1.2 is saying something. up to now they're not sure if 1.2 is ready to be released. specially they have a growing reputation of breaking the game every patch. so now they need to be sure before giving out date for 1.2, it's a 99% smooth.

so now because of all this, im not sure if im continuing to sub for 1.2. i have a tight budget, it's either 1.2 get's my money, or both 1.2 and diablo 3 gets it.

It's the pre order date.

That's a load of bs. Where do you think those expectations came from?

Why do players insist on arguing directly counter to their own interests?

World of Warcraft had an even worse launch. Constantly bringing down servers for emergency maintenance, disrupting raiding. Yet it didn't stop it from eventually having 10m subs. It definitely survived past its first 3 months.