Players from City of Heroes?

Bohmfalk

Hey everyone, I played CoH for about 5 years before last July, when I decided it was time to cancel my account (money issues, plus they were moving to FTP). Anywho, I played almost exclusively on the Justice server, and have been wondering if there's anyone in this game from JFA, Justice United, etc? I would def like to play with some people that I recognize, if at all possible. (And since I stopped paying NCSoft, I can no longer post on those forums, and therefore can't ask there)

Hi! A fair number of us are from CoX. My first guild here settled on Canderous Ordo from the Infinity server. I think I had one lowbie on Justice. I was in the Conglomerate on Infinity and Repeat Offenders on Freedom.

Welcome to Star Wars! The general discussion area here is toxic, but the rest of the forums are nice and the people in game are all above average!

Good to hear from some fellow Justicites! I was actually here up until launch, when my comp died on me (a week before I was granted entry into early access, no less). Just got it back up and running (thanks to Taxmas!), and am just hoping to find a good server (Settled into Terantatek to begin with, might switch). I recognize the RO SGs, I'd actually thought about joining at one point, as I'd had a completely inactive SG with just my characters, but I didn't want to lose all that glorious prestige and storage!

My SG was the Crimson Heroes Society, which name I didn't like, made with another guy who disappeared so I took over the whole thing, and since I'd had gotten it in on the SG prestige bonus, had no desire of dropping it all just because of a bad name.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still visit the city of heroes on several servers, freedom, protector and when I pay the VIP server. My main was a scrapper named Wolf-Spider (My only 50 as I have a serious case of altitis :p)

On here I play mostly on Ebon Hawk and have a Sith Marauder on Eidolon Securtiy until they allow server transfers. Glad to see others from my first MMO on here :D

Played on Virtue, on and off since 2006. I was an altoholic, filled up all 36 of my slots with characters from every AT. Most I never leveled past 30, but I had 3 50's.

I loved the game a lot. But a lot of my friends have moved on, and every time I resub and start playing the fun factor lasts about 2 or 3 days and I get bored again. Just burnt out with it. Definitely a lot of fun times though.

Some things I loved about CoX that SWTOR doesn't have:

-Badges

-SK'ing

-Travel powers

-LFT channels (yes, as we all know in CoX, we join TEAMS, not groups!)

-Easily modifiable UI

-A much more competent crafting system

-Task Forces (no, FP's and Heroics have no comparison to CoX TF's)

-And lastly, but probably MOST important.... the customizability of your characters was limitless!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just found this thread after running a search for COH related threads. Can't believe the news announced Friday that NCSoft is pulling the plug on COH. All development immediately halted. Entire dev team laid off. Servers shutting down nov 30. A sad, sad day for a GREAT MMO.

Btw this is Kaiser Soze from Justice. I played COH from launch up until SWTOR beta, been here ever since. I'm over on Jedi Covenant. My toons are Facelessman, Sozeurface and Kizër. Good to find a few friendly faces from a much beloved game with a great community and development team.

• 4 weeks later...
Well hello Kaiser! I came from CoH, I played as Burnmaster on the Guardian server. Nice to see some people on here that migrated from there, I am on the Covenant Server as Taghast a Jedi Sentinel and as Taltifia, a smuggler. I'll keep my eyes out for you on there! Edited by theburnmaster

• 3 months later...

Nice to see some people from CoX on here, even though it is an old thread.

I played on Union (Handprints, largest SG in Europe), and am sad to say that I saw the end of CoX coming a long time ago when they wasted their cash on AE (Didn't bring in new players and cost a lot to police), Praetoria (Didn't bring in new players and spent years being a ghost town) and Incarnate trials (A change in direction that was not needed) instead of keeping the game as we all enjoyed it and saving the money.

I am also a bit sad that no games seem to have seen all the good stuff from CoX and stolen it (Sidekicking, IO's, giving up on PvP etc).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Many 50's. All of them were on Freedom. Freedom the server formerly known as Prime. Yes I was there from the beginning and a beta tester for the game.

Funny part is that I found out about City of Heroes being developed by going to NCSoft's site to find out about another sci-fi game they had coming out called Tabula Rasa. TR development time got extended because of a change in direction and scrapping what they had.

NCSoft claims that they tried to sell CoX off is not true. When Atari was trying to sell off Cryptic, people knew months in advance that Atari wanted to sell it. Even before PerfectWorld came in the picture. Paragon Studios had no clue that was coming which leads to believe NCSoft just wanted to drop it.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

• 2 weeks later...

Only game with the acronym COH, I recognize is called Company of Heroes.

City ... of ... Heroes... what is this nonsense you speak of?

That is not a question I want you to answer, while attempting to read this thread, my mind has already been boggled enough. Every time I saw "CoH" in this thread, the text that followed, did not fit with the game I know, Company of Heroes; made absolutely no sense. Do not attempt to confuse me any further, I shall remove myself from your thread to prevent further harm to my mental stability. Sorry for clicking this thread and even more sorry that this "city, heroes of" prevented you from experiencing the joys and laughter that accompanied Company of Heroes multiplayer matches.

Edited by Falensawino