New patch and server maintenance at peak time?

defendurname

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't care about losing 2 hours gametime.

I do care about losing the raid we had planned. Members free up a night for these raids.

Bioware, better communication (telling this to us in advance) would be nice. Well, it's more of a must really.

agreed

Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman

Everyone - we apologize for the inconvenience. We do everything we can to avoid taking the servers down for maintenance outside of our regular weekly maintenance, but in some cases (like this one, unfortunately) we can't avoid it. This patch is necesary to ensure a good experience for all players during our Weekend Pass Trial weekend. We never take interrupting your playtime lightly, and this is no exception. Emergencies do happen occasionally, and we are working as quickly as we can to bring the servers back up so you can continue enjoying the game. In the meantime, we'll keep you updated with any new information that becomes available. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to ensure everything goes smoothly this weekend.

So inconvenience the paying players to facilitate the free trial players?

Does that make sense to you?

nail on head!

Edited by Bubba_Phett

lol....Quit your complaining, **** happens

not the end of the world

Indeed.

But who are you? Are you more important than other paying customers? Do you somehow reserve the right to tell others what to do?

It sure isn't the end of the world. But people do have valid reasons to complain. Who are you to tell people what to do?

Any particular reason the servers are shutting down from 6pm - 9pm GMT? Delaying a patch for a few hours shouldn't make a big difference....

No it dosent matter if it is very critical! This isnt critical at all, this is just stupid and not showing respect to paying EU customers. They bring all servers down during primetime just to make trials to be able to play, yes Trials, very very critical right ? They couldnt do this during night or early morning ?

Everyone - we apologize for the inconvenience. We do everything we can to avoid taking the servers down for maintenance outside of our regular weekly maintenance, but in some cases (like this one, unfortunately) we can't avoid it. This patch is necesary to ensure a good experience for all players during our Weekend Pass Trial weekend. We never take interrupting your playtime lightly, and this is no exception. Emergencies do happen occasionally, and we are working as quickly as we can to bring the servers back up so you can continue enjoying the game. In the meantime, we'll keep you updated with any new information that becomes available. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to ensure everything goes smoothly this weekend.

The thing that is most anoying is NOT that emergencies happens BUT that its always on EU good play time, im getting real tired of the downtime, specially on days when you are off from work, just want to relax with some gaming, and guess what? 8 hour downtime!

Firstable I'm French, so please excuse my English.

Then you europeans stop complaining about american people, F*** they created this game and the whole SW universe. Then you amercians please understand that this is primetime in Europe and servers are off during our operation time. I used to love BW before the emergency patch to fix the trial WE, seriously trial WE needs a patch!? Screw them! They are gonna flood our /1 with "when did I recieve my flying mount". **** the newbies that'll come this WE.

MTFBWY

PS: I'm not gonna add "C'est la vie"

How about your already PAYING costumers ...

And its thursday now .. what about doing this duing Thursday / Friday midnight ...

Im not buying this ********.

Bioware seems to have failed to heed the 7Ps mantra...

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Seriously, how do you miss including whatever was required to support the free weekend in your normal maintenance?

How hard is it to post something to this effect on the forums letting people know they should expect the servers to come down?

And if it truly is for the free weekend, I certainly cannot see any reason this is of such an emergency that the servers needed to come down now and not say at 3am or something.

Please hire some better project managers, communication managers and testing staff.

Edited by DawnAskham

Guys guys just maybe you can use your heads a little ok?

Just think about like maybe EAWare is merging the servers right now so alllllll the millions and millions of people who are just waiting to play the free trials this weekend will not be able to see how dead and lifeless the servers really are!

I bet you didn't think about that did you? Noooo you didn't but maybe EAWare did because they are the smartest ok? ok.

Edited by HKDeath

So you guys are raging about 2 HOURS when you got THE REST OF TIME TO PLAY THIS GAME!....

Key words: REST OF TIME TO PLAY.

2 HOURS should mean jack **** to everyone. Its just 2 hours. You got the rest of time to play, or when the severs are shut down for good whichever comes first.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

At least one thing blizzard allways did right , if they had unexpected downtime you would get free days on your playtime.

True. Blizzard has always taken customer service seriously.

I got emailed a scroll of resurection today I am seriously thinking about taking it

Well all this random server maintainance are not really a big fuss for my self, but it's just that this week as far as ive been online- around 3 hours were spend on this random server shutdowns, getting to the point, are this time consuming maintance even refunded to those who are waiting ;p? Or theres a license agreement that none of us didnt bother reading, allowing you to make as many of this interuptions to gameplay, as you want? Edited by mkaysen