I finished taking all 8 classes to level 50, will answer any player questions.

Myshtar

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? I think it's pretty funny that anyone playing a Star Wars MMO is giving this guy **** for playing as much as he does (even despite his personal story). All of us here are playing a STAR WARS online multi-player game. It really doesn't get any geekier than this folks no matter how much one plays or doesn't. We're all *********** nerds here, hypocrites.

/ends troll feeding

I think he was referring to in-game sexy time

Edited by Holden_Dissent

Are you a clicker or a keybinder? On one hand, I'd expect a vet MMO player and PVPer to be a keybinder, but with 8 characters on the go in such a short period of time, that's a lot of keybinds to remember..

Several questions come to my mind but I don't need help. Why take ALL classes to level 50 and how did you have time in only a few months? You can't have much of a life at all. I would start to hate the game if I was forced leveling that many classes that fast. Edited by nexaar

I will list the character info here,(all are lvl 50 and completed all class quests) in case there are any character/class/companion questions. All the listed crafting skills and gathering skills are all capped at 400. I was not in any beta, so I cannot comment on any changes that were made in the beta before retail, compared to how the classes are today.

Myshtara – Sorcerer – Valor 52 – Dark 10k(Dark 5)

Biochem – Bioanalysis – Diplomacy

Val = 9870 Revel = 10k Drellik = 10k Zavros = 2954 Xalek = 5920

Myshtar – Assassin – Dark 8600(Dark 4)

Synthweaving – Archaeology – Underworld Trading

Val = 7912 Revel = 7790 Drellik = 7823 Zavros = 10k Xalek = 6579

Myshtarg – Marauder – Dark10k(Dark 5)

Artifice – Archaeology – Treasure Hunting

Vette = 7265 Quinn 8257 Willsaam = 8848 Broonmark = 9917 Pierce = 6867

Myshtarie – Juggernaut – Dark 10k(Dark 5)

Slicing – Investigation – Treasure Hunting

Vette = 3394 Quinn = 9657 Willsaam – 7454 Broonmakr = 10k Pierce = 7978

Myshtard – Sniper – Dark 10k(Dark 5)

Armstech – Scavenging – Investigation

Kaliyo = 6687 Vector = 8304 Temple = 7898 Lokim = 9626 Scorpio = 6043

Myshtary – Operative – Valor 31 – Dark 10k(Dark 5)

Armortech – Scavenging – Underworld Trading

Kaliyo = 5147 Vector = 7240 Temple = 9992 Lokim = 10k Scorpio = 8045

Myshtaria – Mercenary – Valor 29 – Dark 10k(Dark 5)

Cybertech – Scavening – Underworld Trading

Mako = 6260 Gault = 7532 Blizz = 8879 Skadge – 5887 Cadera = 10k

Myshtarc – Powertech – Dark 10k(Dark 5)

Bioanalysis – Slicing – Diplomacy

Mako = 9830 Gault = 9798 Blizz = 8793 Skadge = 9418 Cadera = 9550

P.S. Just post any questions you have and I will answer them as soon as I have time. I was also the first player in World Of Warcraft to cap out the classes.(Both were done on PvP servers, although SWTOR was done on an RPPvP server)

well gz mate.

I will list the character info here,(all are lvl 50 and completed all class quests) in case there are any character/class/companion questions. All the listed crafting skills and gathering skills are all capped at 400. I was not in any beta, so I cannot comment on any changes that were made in the beta before retail, compared to how the classes are today.

Myshtara – Sorcerer – Valor 52 – Dark 10k(Dark 5)

Biochem – Bioanalysis – Diplomacy

Val = 9870 Revel = 10k Drellik = 10k Zavros = 2954 Xalek = 5920

Myshtar – Assassin – Dark 8600(Dark 4)

Synthweaving – Archaeology – Underworld Trading

Val = 7912 Revel = 7790 Drellik = 7823 Zavros = 10k Xalek = 6579

Myshtarg – Marauder – Dark10k(Dark 5)

Artifice – Archaeology – Treasure Hunting

Vette = 7265 Quinn 8257 Willsaam = 8848 Broonmark = 9917 Pierce = 6867

Myshtarie – Juggernaut – Dark 10k(Dark 5)

Slicing – Investigation – Treasure Hunting

Vette = 3394 Quinn = 9657 Willsaam – 7454 Broonmakr = 10k Pierce = 7978

Myshtard – Sniper – Dark 10k(Dark 5)

Armstech – Scavenging – Investigation

Kaliyo = 6687 Vector = 8304 Temple = 7898 Lokim = 9626 Scorpio = 6043

Myshtary – Operative – Valor 31 – Dark 10k(Dark 5)

Armortech – Scavenging – Underworld Trading

Kaliyo = 5147 Vector = 7240 Temple = 9992 Lokim = 10k Scorpio = 8045

Myshtaria – Mercenary – Valor 29 – Dark 10k(Dark 5)

Cybertech – Scavening – Underworld Trading

Mako = 6260 Gault = 7532 Blizz = 8879 Skadge – 5887 Cadera = 10k

Myshtarc – Powertech – Dark 10k(Dark 5)

Bioanalysis – Slicing – Diplomacy

Mako = 9830 Gault = 9798 Blizz = 8793 Skadge = 9418 Cadera = 9550

P.S. Just post any questions you have and I will answer them as soon as I have time. I was also the first player in World Of Warcraft to cap out the classes.(Both were done on PvP servers, although SWTOR was done on an RPPvP server)

Is the sith warrior tank any good and was it easly to level or what did you do

Edited by iloveicarly

[...]

3. No. I used an Assassin defense build with a healer, only so I had no problems with elites or bosses. I tried to spec it offensively and it simnply did not work for my play style. If you have played other MMO's, having light armor and stealth is not a "tank" regardless how you spec it. Don't get me wrong, you can spec defensively and even heal yourself mid combat using 3 stacks of HD, however you cannot mitigate damage like a true tank(Powertech) True the powertech cannot heal itself, but when you are getting focus fired, 3% of health per tick is meaningless...

I have to strongly disagree here. This comment demonstrates you have little to no experience when it comes to Assassin tanking.

Currently, Assassins are the best tanks because of one spell: Force Shroud. Not only does it provide 100% immunity to Force/Tech attacks for almost 8 seconds if spec'd into it, it becomes one of the most crucial spells to have in a tank's arsenal when it comes to tanking NM mode OPs.

A fresh level 50 Assassin Tank will struggle more comparatively to its Vanguard/Juggernaut counterpart, but after obtaining some Tionese/Champion/Columi/Rakata gear (Centurion to really bridge that gap until you get more valuable tank set pieces), Assassin tanks are simply some of the best.

Currently, Vanguard is arguably the best tank simply due to their high DPS output which enables them to not be so threat-starved all the time. Also helps that their armor mitigation is higher but I'm almost at 47% with my Assassin tank and that's more than enough.

Another thing to consider is that Dark Charge is the only stance in the game that increases your chance to proc the shield by 15%. That is huge. With enough +absorption and +shield enh/mods, and with Dark Ward, my shield proc rate revolves around 48% and if I use my Absorption trinket, my shield absorbs almost 60% damage. Now that is great damage mitigation.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer questions people may have but it's not because you level'd up 8 classes to 50 that you are an expert in any sort of the sense. If anything, you'd be better suited to give answers to high-level (general) questions rather than precise questions as to whether or not Assassins are viable tanks. If anything, the question should be asked toward Sith Juggs/Jedi Knights who are struggling in every area: damage mitigation/reduction, threat generation, and damage dealing.

Edited by lollermittens

You'll get to answer our questions if you have time? Is that a joke? Let's say it took 5 days to cap each toon. You just played the game for 40 days? Literally 40 days of play time.

I have a question. How many neural pathways were pruned after the brain was exposed to the same stimuli for almost 1.5 months?

A few things of note for people who didn't read all of his posts.

The OP is:

1. Married with children

2. A Veteran

3. Disabled

4. Has been paid to play games (though not this one)

5. regarding #4, knows how to power-level efficiently

Just keep that in mind, when you go to insult him.

Why is the sky blue?

Why?

What is Good?

What is Evil?

What is God?

Why did you not clarify your post to say any game related player questions?

You did say "Any player questions."

Edited by Ujest

Just read all 20 pages here and I have to say, this is a prime example of how ****** this (and most mmo) communities really are. Instead of just insulting him, look through his posts and you'll see he's actually answered most of these trolls. Yeah we know how *********** hilarious you are, now keep your "funny" comments to yourself please.

It's his time, how he spends it has no impact on your life. Let him do what he enjoys or what he's been asked to do. No idea what his NDA is about, but doesn't seem like he'll answer anything about that.

I've been casually playing (~1-3 hours a day, more on weekends) since a month after release, and I have 2 lvl 50s, a lvl 42, and a few in the teens. Just because some of us know how rested XP works and how to follow the little green target on our maps, doesn't mean we have no lives. I'm a graduate student (in lab >60 hours a week), have friends, have a girl friend, I exerciser daily, learning to top rope/boulder/climb in general, read books, etc. This game is by far the easiest to level in any game I've ever played (mmo or single player). The fact that you can solo to 50 makes it that much easier. I'm actually surprised no one beat him to it. Congrats though. Like some others pointed out, the only thing stopping me is boredom with this game.

I am also a little uncertain why you seem Assassins aren't viable tanks. From what I've seen tanking in this game is more about the player than the class. I've seen **** jugg tanks, and good jugg tanks. I've seen **** powertech tanks, and good powertech tanks. I've seen **** assassin tanks, and good assassin tanks. Assassins are perfectly viable. Don't spread the rumor of light armor =/= tank, because dark saber, talents, and other abilities make up for the difference in armor.

My question to OP is what is your favorite crafting skill? I only maxed out biochem so far and from what I've seen and heard, it's the best. Is this true? What are some of the perks you get from the other crafting skills that you enjoy/think make it better than biochem?

Instead of just insulting him
I think it is pretty funny that other people insult him about wasting his time, etc. Given the fact they are playing an MMO and I'm sure wasted all their time playing any MMO which doesn't contribute to anyone. EVERYONE is wasting their time, that is what entertainment is :p

Given the fact that it is not too difficult to do what he has said. I currently have 4 level 50's and 12 others in 38-42+ range spread out between my Republic and Empire server. I'm married, helps that my wife plays, work full time and have children. It isn't that hard given I only play 2-3 hours an evening and probably about 8-16 hours on the weekends. It isn't truly a difficult task if you know how to properly chain your quests and don't spend time doing tradeskills, farming mats, doing flashpoints and dailies.

I am also a little uncertain why you seem Assassins aren't viable tanks.
If you read his post a bit more, he did say they weren't viable for his play style. I can actually understand that. I do like and can tank effectively as my Jedi Shadow, however I do prefer the tanking style of my Bounty Hunter or Jedi Knight better. It can be done and done well but there are differences. Similar to WoW when you compare Death Knight, Warrior, Paladin and Druid tanking styles. I love tanking as a Paladin and do good as a Druid but don't like Death Knights or Warriors. But I also AoE grind and do a few other things that the Warrior for example isn't suited for.

Different play styles, difference of opinion, build and equipment as well also contribute to these things.

EVERYONE is wasting their time, that is what entertainment is :p

haha exactly. I'm glad someone else realizes this as well. Him playing probably has little effect on your play.

If you read his post a bit more, he did say they weren't viable for his play style.

I guess I can understand that too. :p

A few things of note for people who didn't read all of his posts.

The OP is:

1. Married with children

2. A Veteran

3. Disabled

4. Has been paid to play games (though not this one)

5. regarding #4, knows how to power-level efficiently

Just keep that in mind, when you go to insult him.

Which would all be fine and dandy, except there is no excuse for his "I have convened with god and I will now answer your questions" tone.