Why can't I get the +10 datacron?!

NewLogic

I've tried multiple times with different groups. For some reason, using my MGGS is unsuccessful. When I grapple to one of the magnetic buttons I automatically reappear back to where I was originally standing. I'm literally about to punch my keyboard. Other people in my group are able to get the datacron. Why can't I? It's very, very frustrating. Why can I not use my MGGS the right way?

The MGGS is bugged pretty bad, but there are a variety of tricks you can try that bug it back to working:

1. double activate it. Timing is a bit tricky on this one (never gotten this to succeed but some swear by it). Basically, you use the MGGS then use it again sometime before before it fires or during the pull, not sure exactly.

2. activate your speeder as you are about to land.

3. if you're an agent or smuggler, you can enter cover as you land.

4. jump while you're landing (this one for me tended to bug me through surfaces and caused me to fall to my doom, so be warned).

I'd suggest trying the various tricks at one of the easier MGGS spots (like the one on Alderaan for that datacron) and see which one you can get to work reliably. Hopefully they'll patch it in the near future, but still no word on such (although bio has acknowledged the bug, I'm guessing it just hasn't hit the top of the priority list yet).

MGGS isn't exactly bugged. It just doesn't work unless you are standing *exactly* where they want you to stand while using it. If it sends you back to your starting position, shift your character around a bit and keep trying.

TLDR: have 2 sages/sorcs

Make sure to have atleast 2 sages/sorcs.

The way we did it was by moving people to the magnetic buttons (to press). Having one guy stay at the entrance door to let people that die in, and have people at bridge controls to let possible deaths enter. Then it was just a simple get a sage onto the platform in front of the door, have them pull the other sage up (or have that one use their mggs as well), and get one of hte 2 sages in front of the door. Then with some proper positioning you can get everyone up.

DONT let anyone get their datacron until everyone is up to the door though (worst case have people who can open the first door suicide), and only pull up the sage on the middle platform at the end so you dont have to keep doing the buttons.

I didn't know there were other MGGS datacrons. I guess I'll go practice on one before wasting my time in the Ziost again

There are 2 other MGGS datacrons. The one on Alderaan you don't actually need the MGGS for, but the one on Corellia you do.

TLDR: have 2 sages/sorcs

DONT let anyone get their datacron until everyone is up to the door though (worst case have people who can open the first door suicide), and only pull up the sage on the middle platform at the end so you dont have to keep doing the buttons.

Unless they made a change with the last patch, I was able to run down get my datacron, run back out go to the doors and then proceed to pull everybody up with extricate.

Best trick I found is basically clicking the MGGS button again right as the grappler hits the grapple point. It causes you to restart the grappling animatation and get caught on the area you are trying to land on.

But yea I'm surprised this hasn't been fixed yet.

I had similar problems with mine. When I tried to leap to the final platform to get the +10 datacron, it put me back where I started a couple times, and then it stuck me into the wall. I had to use /unstuck. The best strategy I found was to spam click it (3-4 times) until it finally dropped me on the next platform. Because I'm a sage I tried to pull people up, but it's a tricky endeavor. You can run into line of sight issues, and you have to make sure you're standing far enough back on your platform to give them a safe place to land; otherwise they just slip off the ledge. Two guys I pulled up safely. Another guy fell off. It's unpredictable.

MGGS isn't exactly bugged. It just doesn't work unless you are standing *exactly* where they want you to stand while using it. If it sends you back to your starting position, shift your character around a bit and keep trying.

This, it's totally about where you are standing and the angle.

For the 2nd to last grapple point (up to the center spire) It only took me a few tries with body type 2 but my buddy with a body type 3 had a difficult time, but he eventually got it.

Edited by iain_b

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.