Dark Sin; Force-Wielding/Resolve?

KeepMeOnPins

I know, it should be obvious which set of mods to use in my gear as a Dark Sin (Force-Wielding) since it provides the most endurance and an albeit slightly lower Willpower boost but I'm just wondering... Should I be using all Resolve mods until 50 to increase my dps? Or am I doing the right thing by stacking Endurance even now while leveling? I do have quite the HP pool and rarely drop below 60% hp unless I'm not paying attention but since I have around 900 End and only about 650 Will I'm wondering if I'm gimping myself a little with PvE content while trying to cap out?

Should I stick with Force-Wielding forever? Should I swap into Resolve for now? Or swap and keep that? Or should I mix it up and have a balance?

I'm pretty content with my abilities as they are now though when I have Talos out as a healer so I can just drive through content without stopping to heal I find it alot less uselful than I thought a tank build with a heal companion would be...

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Well more Willpower more DPS less time in combat quicker kills all that good stuff. More Endurance just means you have less of a chance of dying. Really it is up to you how fast you want to kill stuff. You will kill stuff faster if you up your Willpower and in turn up your DPS.

Instead of tank build + healer pet, try tank build + dps pet. Using a dps pet increases your (combined) dps far more than swapping your armoring around. I've used Ashara since I got her on Taris, fights are over before I even get close to dying. The heals from force lightning are enough to keep you up, you don't need Talos except for bosses. Edited by Rhaphael

Should I stick with Force-Wielding forever? Should I swap into Resolve for now? Or swap and keep that? Or should I mix it up and have a balance?

Well, you have several options available here, depending on how much survivability you want to trade for dps / kill speed:

Tank spec + tank gear + healer companion is obviously the most survivability with the least possible dps.

Your next best bet would be to bring a dps companion instead, if you want to stay tank.

Alternatively you can try a dps-oriented approach to a darkness spec with dps gear and a healer companion. That allows for a better damage output while still maintaining a high survivability.

Lastly, you could go dps spec (i'd suggest madness for that) + dps gear + healer companion for a lot of damage and enough survivability to avoid downtimes.

Everything more damage-oriented than that will have to deal with downtimes on a regular basis.

I'm pretty content with my abilities as they are now though when I have Talos out as a healer so I can just drive through content without stopping to heal I find it alot less uselful than I thought a tank build with a heal companion would be...

Don't really understand what you were expecting. Tank + Healer should sound like "survives everything, kills nothing" to most people, which is pretty much what you get in TOR. (Melee) DPS with a healing companion sounds like that combo you were actually looking for, especially rage Juggernauts/Marauders stick out here with the ability to nuke groups of standard enemies in a couple of seconds.

Well 95% of the time I do use Ashara myself as well, I'm just saying for fights that seem to be a little iffy sometimes and I want to make sure I stay alive like say when I'm trying to solo H4s (not all but there are a few we can do of same level along the way) or when I fought certain boss battles *cough, last boss no spoilers, cough*

I was asking really because as I looked over the stat differences between FW and Resolve mods/armoring, there seems to be a much larger margin in stat gain in terms of End/Willpower. By that I mean, if you take FW stuff it has less Willpower sure but its relatively balanced. As for the Resolve I notice theres a giant gap in the willpower gained versus the Endurance lost.

Sitting at 48 in full oranges (belt and bracers too) in blue/purple FW mods/armoring I have somewhere around 1300 endurance and 1000 Willpower and I can still dish out the damage. I'm also using what I guess is considered a tankassin build? I've got 23/0/18.

I'm beyond the healing companion issue now and just want to maximize my DPS without sacrificing too much survivability as I start rolling out my dailies popping those yummy mods in and whatnot and I'm just wondering if the DPS increase from swapping to Resolve stuff is worth the thousands of HP I'm going to lose as a result? And if I do so, will I still be able to at least off-tank in hard modes or will I have to at least switch back to a full tank spec to do so?

And I'm really confused about enhacements... I'm an artifice so I can make any one I want. I figure I'd go for Battle Enhancements which give power/surge... Im not concerned too much about my crit rate, its boosted for melee attacks pretty much all the time from shock crits and I only really use recklessness when I'm Energized to get more bang out of my shock crit. My Death Field is beast, it hits regular for around 1200 atm so yeah is this smart? I feel like I'm gonna hate myself for losing defense rate from the ones I had in before... Should I even worry too much about that since most targets will be dead fast anyway?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.