In 3rd grade kickball...

Bullwrath

People miss queues, causing their spot to be void for the duration of their timer. Other Warzones open in that time, people join em'. Spot stays open.

That's the most common case anyway. We get A LOT of games like that on Elysium. Mostly because there is no more than 2 level 50 WZs going on at 1 time because the end game PvP community is so small.

I'm not entirely sure how they can fix that problem however. SWTOR chair straps maybe?

.. I'd buy em'.

People miss queues, causing their spot to be void for the duration of their timer. Other Warzones open in that time, people join em'. Spot stays open.

That's the most common case anyway. We get A LOT of games like that on Elysium. Mostly because there is no more than 2 level 50 WZs going on at 1 time because the end game PvP community is so small.

I'm not entirely sure how they can fix that problem however. SWTOR chair straps maybe?

.. I'd buy em'.

There is a pretty easy solution dota2 uses currently...

So here is how it goes:

1) You enter the queue

2) your queue pops asking you to accept or decline (1minute counter I think)

3) only once every player accepts the game starts, if someone declines or does not respond in one minute you get back to the queue with higher priority and the player who timed out or declines gets booted

This is pretty easy to program and ensures that each team has the needed amount of players at the start.

Edited by Garbald

Or you just hold people in the spawn point for an extra 60-90s if necessary to fill both sides.

Or you have the spawn point gate timers tweaked so that the under-strength side gets reinforcements more quickly until the numbers are even.

There is a pretty easy solution dota2 uses currently...

So here is how it goes:

1) You enter the queue

2) your queue pops asking you to accept or decline (1minute counter I think)

3) only once every player accepts the game starts, if someone declines or does not respond in one minute you get back to the queue with higher priority and the player who timed out or declines gets booted

This is pretty easy to program and ensures that each team has the needed amount of players at the start.

Know why they dont do this? b/c it opens the window for detrimental players to cause trouble. Not to mentions it cause so many unreliable variables, increases que times and then increases the time to start as well. And dont forget the people who accept, join and then quit befor the game starts. It may sound good on paper, but progaming and execution along with player execution would lead this to fail or more accurately have you complaining about the errors the system you talking about causes.

The simply reality is, nothing they do will fix the problem. all they can do is minimize it. and your idea wont do that. And i rarely notice unbalance teams that last befor start or long enough to sway the game.= all that much, yes it happens every once in a while but not unbearably alot.

when cross server queing happens, the player pool will be big enough that you may never notice again.

I don't recall having this issue with other games as much as I have seen here.

There are plenty of solutions. One of them is not burying your head in the sand and ignoring it.

Just another glaring oversight by the pvp devs.....

...we had the common sense to pick teams that had the same number on both sides.

Why, oh why, Bioware, must I enter games that are 6 on 8?

In forth grade you should have had it explained to you that life isn't always fair.

Queue with four people: faceroll when you get a 8v8, and struggle for a win when it's 6v8.