Tanking fail

Monkeypuzzle

This is one of the most underutilized tactics for tanks and in general. Can't tell you how many times I burn through a mission with a DPS companion then switch to Elara for the Champ/Boss at the end.

Sometimes I switch several times in a mission.

It costs nothing, takes a couple seconds, and makes life MUCH easier.

Great advice...

I have to come back to this. I totally agree. It's easy to forget you have other companions and just try to get to 50 with one main one. You pour all of your credits and items into gearing this one companion up to epic spec but forget about the others.

On Aldaraan today, I switched from Jorgan to Dorne to take on elites and found that although she isn't geared properly, with no implants or earpiece she kept my health up to 75%. With Jorgan I was down to 30%. It's a tactic I really recommend people get used to and I can totally understand people who forget, because I have for the past 10 levels. But Now I will gear her up and have her on standby.

Once I got Elara I have never needed another companion and subsequently never used any other companion.

As a tank, she is all you need. You have enough DPS in PvE to take anything down and Elara will keep you up and provide a bit of extra DPS aswell. You may not get through content quite as quickly, but you simply won't die. I don't think I was ever at risk from death unless I did a particularly mad pull.

Edited by Loxion