The question of the month: Will you keep your subscription up? and why?

Nasq

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, This is the first game that my guild has quit within the first 2 months. Bioware wasted all their money and time on voice overs and cutscenes that were boring the first time though and unbearable the second and it shows in the amount of actual mmo features the game doesn't have.

I´m out.

I really liked the Game at the beginning, I loved the various stories, the Gameplay mechanics and the fact that you could level quite quick.

Now i´m feeling extremyl bored, the crafting system and the whole Game economy are a bad joke that doesn´t even met WoWs low standard (honestly, I didn´t think before that in terms of crafting and economy it´s actually possible to go below WoW Standard).

The main problem with the Game for me is that there is no way to express yourself, no way to be "me". Everyone looks the same, everyone crafts the same stuff and noone cares about RP in any way. Another major problem is that this Game is to much of a WoW Copy and for that reason attracts to the same kind of 14-year old Alpha Male that I just don´t want to play with as a grown up.

In my opinion this is just a good single player Game that you play to the End (maybe 2 or 3 times) and then just leave it alone, cause there is just no thing as MMO-feeling in it.

The list is long, so just some keywords....

-Space combat...haha, yeah, probaly pretty hard to met 1994 TIE-Fighter Standard in 2011, and pretty sad that it´s strictly single player.

-Crafting...what you need=grinding resources...what you don´t need=a brain....bugger!

-End Game...ok, yeah, after I put all the furniture in my House, got some pretty ****** looking Appearance and got all the things I needed to craft something really cool (overall time needed= 0 seconds) I´m going to grind till I get the Gear that enables me to....yeah...go on grinding better gear, which then enables me to stand on the Fleet showing of.

Problem is, I don´t think any of those points will be patched, cause it´s just the way they want this Game to be. I don´t blame Bioware for that, cause WoW was obviously quite succesful and for that reason it´s quite safe to say "OK, let´s do a clone". Haha....OK, you got me, in case I do blame Bioware for that cause it´s just another Nail in the classic MMORPGs coffin. Seams like no major Company will go the risky way to put a real MMORPG like maybe UO, SWG, EQ(1, 2) on the market today, instead they are going for those Gear-centric crap that attracts the former CoD Player.

So then...farewell!

After playing World of Warcraft for almost 6 years and only played SWTOR for less then 4 months I went ahead the other night and re installed World of Warcraft and boys let me tell you i logged out of WoW after about 30 mins... Even got a free level 80... I just couldn't handle the graphics..

Weird thing is i love WoW i just can't find my inner WoWer anymore, after playing SWTOR the graphics are just amazing along with the sound and animations effects are just amazing for an MMO....

I will play SWTOR and D3 on the side. I cannot get back into World of Warcraft. Looking forward to trying out TSW along with TL2 and GW2. However SWTOR will always be on the top of my MMO list while all the other MMOs i will play on the side and not take them as serious.

After playing World of Warcraft for almost 6 years and only played SWTOR for less then 4 months I went ahead the other night and re installed World of Warcraft and boys let me tell you i logged out of WoW after about 30 mins... Even got a free level 80... I just couldn't handle the graphics..

Weird thing is i love WoW i just can't find my inner WoWer anymore, after playing SWTOR the graphics are just amazing along with the sound and animations effects are just amazing for an MMO....

I will play SWTOR and D3 on the side. I cannot get back into World of Warcraft. Looking forward to trying out TSW along with TL2 and GW2. However SWTOR will always be on the top of my MMO list while all the other MMOs i will play on the side and not take them as serious.

As a ex wow player for 6 years I can honestly say you did the right thing, wow is a terrible game now. My last year in wow was full of regret, flying mounts and new wordls ruined the immersion for me. Try Rift, it's excellent.

Nope, not resubbing, my sub ends at 31st of March, no way I'm paying 15 bucks a month to play hutball and 2-3 wz's a month

Pretty much this. Really like the game but the trouble is theres almost no one to play with low population server,warzone ques can take hours to get a game. Ill stick around for a month or so and if BW isnt doing anything about character transfers/server merges im unsubbing.

Ask me when GW2 is released.

For now im enjoying myself but i know it won't last as i have done pretty much everything in this game now and there is no major content patches on the horizon. 1.2 i'd imagine will be completed by most players in a few days, a week tops.

Letting my sub run out sadly....

Game was good as a singleplayergame and then again only because you think it led somewhere. As an MMO it completely fails though and i'm really not interested in being fed expansion packs to grind out a new tier level while being bored with the low level of actual fun and diverse content. My whole guild basically is falling apart after having completed everything in the game and being so burnt out that we can't even bother with rolling alts. That's how bad the replay value is in a game with a shallow vague story fed by lousy voiceovers.

I will stay subscribed. Not sure why though. Probably cause it is starwars. 1.2 needs to get here soon. Rateds...new ui(which should have been there at launch no matter what anyone says)...and a combat log...which is a terrible version of what a combat log should be.

I have 30 days left and will not continue to play if "server merge" or something similar does not happens.

When i left server couple of minutes ago, there was only 6 people. So %90 of gameplay for me is single player, so it is useless to pay & play on a server.

I can go back to Kotor 2 :)

Edited by onursengul

I have 30 days left and will not continue to play if "server merge" or something similar happens.

When i left server couple of minutes ago, there was only 6 people. So %90 of gameplay for me is single player, so it is useless to pay & play on a server.

I can go back to Kotor 2 :)

Um, what reason do you have to not want a server merge? It's pretty much the unanimous opinion of the playerbase to do so.

I'm going to resub. If the content keeps moving at a steady pace, I'm going to stay subbed.

Never did like WoW, and I tried to like it a bunch of times. RIFT was more enjoyable, but my friends stopped playing and my guild got discombobbled and blah.

SWToR is like playing Knights of The Old Republic with my buddies. I find the social and moral systems to be pretty spot-on, and the minor inconvenience of having to walk across a space station before you arrive at a space station is being patched out of the game, I hear. My only regret is that the game is a bit of a Warcraft clone, but eh, nothing's perfect.

At this point, it isn't likely I'll resub in April. Basically one of two scenarios are likely to occur: 1. 1.2 does not come out early april, and actually comes out after my sub expires, i just quit playing and don't give 1.2 a chance, 2. 1.2 comes out before my sub is up and i realize that they aren't really supporting their game for people who just want to do ops and pvp, and that the legacy system is completely stupid. So, that being the case, already got one of my scrolls of resurrection from a buddy and moved to his wow server, and i quickly realize something. SWTOR sucks so hard. It's not just the lack of convenient things like cross server pvp queues, or LFG tools, it's the fact taht I don't have to pay attention to a single piece of quest dialogue other than, "Kill 10 of these douches" and be done with it. God I hate that every quest in this game is fully voice acted, it makes me want to headbutt my computer every time i talk to an NPC.

I wish i could continue to play but i really have no reason to. I was placed onto a server which is dying, PVE is bugged to a point of being broken. A challenge should'nt be to see if i am luckly enough not to die, yes i am looking at you SOA.

Ridiculously unbalanced PVP. 9/10 of my WZ are hutball games where people are to busy farming medals to play the game.

I could continue to list bad points but everything has been said 100 times. Wish i could think of 1 good point.

UMMMM...................

10 days left on my canceled sub and not planning on coming back. If they offer a free weekend after 1.2 is released, I may check it out. I'm, unfortunately, just too unimpressed and I doubt 1.2 is going to change that. The "story" they keep trying to make the be all end all of this game... just isn't and everything else is too subpar for me to justify continuing to give them money for.

Just wasn't meant to be for me.

Sucks, too. I love Star Wars.

Oh well.

Sadly i have unsubbed. Even as a huge star wars fan.

Why ?

Well there is nothing in the game thats like this GW2 BOSS FIGHT Just awesome world events that require large froups of people that is random and a little dynamic.

Also PvP is not balanced at all.Flavor of the month classes with mele always as king.

Were is the actual star wars looks on costumes and gears ? Cant even look like a real

Jedi or Sith or Mandalorian.

No open world PvP that is fun and makes you wanna come back.

The game is good in many ways but sadly to me and many more that i know leaving soon

it's just another grinding MMO with not much replay value.

I think the best things in the game is the flashpoints and operations but they are

both to easy with a few long lived bugs in them.But to me is because of the lack of good PvP.Get tired of doing the same WZ 1000 times over and over were a few classes rule...

Get tired of doing the same WZ 1000 times over and over were a few classes rule...

I love PvP, but im starting to get to the end of my tolerance with it in this game. PvP has almost become as predictable as PvE now. Its almost always the same classes, doing the same things, on the same limited maps.

The only WZ that keeps things fresh is hutball due to its mechanics and we see that far less now.

Answer is still NO.

I like star wars settings & the main class story but that's just not good enough. Because I'm a real MMO gamer & have been playing MMOs for 10+ years so I do know a thing or two what is or is not a MMO & "SWTOR IS NOT A REAL MMO."

P.S. Already cancelled & destroyed the game discs.

Edited by StormRiders

P.S. Already cancelled & destroyed the game discs.

lol, you should go a step further. Do the 'Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind' thing and have the memories of swtor chemically removed from your brain. :)

I'm tempted myself

I just canceled by account.

I have one toon that is 50 and would like to level another. However, the lack of a LFG tool is extremely off putting. I may be back if an LFG tool is implemented prior to another game catching my attention.

EA and Bioware better pray Diablo 3 has a lot of launch issues or is extremely poor.