Queue growing and growing and growing...

RuiMilk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These queues will disappear after 2 weeks, at least for most servers. It happens every WoW expansion, happened in RIFT, will happen here too. People will quit, go back to jobs, reach lvl 50, etc. It's called patience, get used to it. I'm glad there are queues with this many servers, it means a lot of people preordered, successful launch.

I know this. It doesn't make my 55 minute queue any shorter now, though :-( Also, I thought Bioware was aiming for a really solid launch. The reviewers will come down hard on server queues this long.

i am still number 1 in queue after about 30 minutes as number 1 and starting about 3 hours ago at about 1300. looks like something has gone wrong and i will have to re-queue. i cannot call CS because all their operators are busy ...

the servers are at very low numbers compared to beta, with a fraction of the people in each zone as compared to the weekend beta stress test, so the servers can hold many more people than are currently on them, they are just manipulating the caps so as to make people roll on an even number of servers.

this is unacceptable for a game where people have paid $150 and been given the promise of early access. not very much access going on here at all. can't imagine things will get much better after launch either.

I imagine that BW realizes they're gonna need ALOT more servers if they wanna keep this going. With only the 3rd day of EGA they're holding on loggers, they'd be flat out dumb NOT to add more servers and try to expand the current ones. But It's BioWare, these guys KNOW that if they dont fix it, launch is gonna be SOOOO bad. They'll get it all worked out, people just need to chill out. I have to wait on Terrentatek and I chose it cause it was a LOW server, so I know how ya'll feel. Just hang out and relax. At least we all got to play some before servers filled to laggingly obscene levels.

So since im 1000th in line for queue on iron citadel, I have time to post my complaint here with the others. A 1 hour wait to log into my server is complete bs and ppl should be on it asap. No one wants to sit through these kind of queues.

People are getting in ASAP (as soon as possible) - they are getting in as soon as they are at the top of the 'q'.

People really need to grow up. If there is a wait go do something else. The great thing about games like this is they will be there later.

BW has the numbers on how many preorders they sold. They should know how many people will want to play this game (obviously not 100% of preorders will be playing early, but still...) and they should have anticipated the expected load across X number of servers...

I think they underestimated the epic sensation that is the Star Wars experience and now thousands(?) of customers are now waiting in queues, complaining on forums and playing solitaire or whatever...

Fine, my thread about The Swiftsure got closed and redirected here to complain, so here it goes. THIS IS TOTAL BS!!!!! Either open up free transfers for whole guilds or make Oceanic servers so this "unofficial" one doesn't get completely bogged down!!! An hour and a half already and still estimated for 2 hours!!!!!

People are getting in ASAP (as soon as possible) - they are getting in as soon as they are at the top of the 'q'.

People really need to grow up. If there is a wait go do something else. The great thing about games like this is they will be there later.

But what if i die today :eek::p:eek:

To every idiot throwing around the word "unacceptable" please uninstall, and never come back.

Im on swiftsure, 1800+ que, that's 2 hours+.. Its needed with the amount of players wanting to run around the first 2 worlds alone, Server crashes and roll-backs would be happening every hour or so.

This launch has been smooth and the game is awesome to play. Stop being children.

I have a 2.5 hour queue on The Swiftsure and I'm not going to sit here complaining. I knew that when I chose my server it was going to be very crowded. I've played lots of MMOs and I'd rather play on a high pop realm with queues then a low pop realm that's dead. This is how MMO's work. No one holds a gun to your head to play on a crowded realm. Also note that this is the first week, so even if you roll on a low pop realm there is a very big chance that it will end up getting crowded. You will have to wait probably a month to see which realms continue to stay populated and which realms go to a lower population. Most of you guys need to chill out and relax. Early access is really a stress test. This allows them to fill up servers and keep a continous load on it to see how the servers are performing. The variables and hardware involved will eventually change in order to support whatever is needed.

My lovely wall of text is above. :)

The Swiftsure was assigned to me. As of right now, I'm half way through and have about 2.25 hours accounted for in queue. Another 2.25 hours, as it looks like it will be, is unacceptable. a 4 and a half hour queue time is ok with you? I'm sorry, but I work a full-time job and my only wish was to come home and get to play for a little while. You can surely understand the frustration. You may have time to sit in queue, but there are a lot of us who don't, who'd like a chance for some of the great game play BioWare has created for us.

My room mate and I both got early access for the 13th and both went to log on to our server tonight. I went about 30 minutes ahead of him and he still went through the queue faster than me. I have just been stilling at position 7. There is some inherit flaw in the queue system that is terribly upsetting.

Regarding Swiftsure Server: "unofficial oceanic server"

Please increase the cap, or make a few US but labeled "Oceanic" Servers for us.

These queue times are ridiculous.

Got in line in queue at 2pm and I was number 1900, come back 2 hours later, and im still 990

Please Please fix. This is virtually unplayable this game if we have to wait this long

People are waiting over 4 hours now