SWTOR Big Bang Theory

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was sort of disappointed with the episode, did not show much of the game but even without that just seemed like the person playing Sheldon (Jim Parsons) just did not seem right this episode.

edit: would go into detail but don't wanna spoil it for anyone that has not seen the episode.

Edited by soulself

Charter Cable, my cable company, has preempted regularly scheduled programming to show the Sweet 16 Tournament instead. Even though none of the teams playing tonight are from my state. What a bunch of *** hats. Edited by Parali
inappropriate content - "retarded"

Why was the other thread about this deleted it is SWTOR general discussion...

Charter Cable, my cable company, has per-empted regularly scheduled programming to show the Sweet 16 Tournament instead. Even though none of the teams playing tonight are from my state. What a bunch of *** hats.

That would be partly why cable companies are having trouble keeping people and everyone is switching to streaming. I ran into that a few times when I had cable, very annoying.

Edited by Parali
bad quote

That would be partly why cable companies are having trouble keeping people and everyone is switching to streaming. I ran into that a few times when I had cable, very annoying.

Are there any companies that stream real-time programming though? I thought they were all days or weeks behind? If I could get the channels I want or the shows I want before they are old, and I mean get all of them, without cable or dish I would love that.

I've been watching Big Bang since season 1 ep 1 and unless I am mistaken, this would make the third MMO that is featured in the show.

There are the episodes where WoW is mentioned and played (not onscreen though). There was the episode where Penny got adicted to Age of Conan (there was gameplay footage of that) and now there is SWTOR.

I am away and won't be able to watch tonight but I'm PVRing it. I am curious if SWTOR will only be mentioned or if there will also be gameplay footage too.

I wonder if this exposure will impact the subs. I know that when Penny was playing AoC, there was a bit of a boost in pops but it did not last unfortunately. (I know, because I've been in AoC since 08).

Anyhow... I'm willing to bet that Sheldon was going to play a Sorceror.

I'd open up a guessing game at what the others will be, but since it has already aired, that would be pointless.

Cheers!

Late_To_The_Party_Canuck :)

When I heard them say they were planning am entire weekend playing the new star wars game I said to myself well there's no way they are level 50 cause there isn't a weekends worth of content in this game ... Then raj said he wanted to level up and sheldon and Leonard were deciding to play rep vs empire....looks like I was right. Ba-zinga Edited by Robes-Pierre

I enjoyed tonights episode but only for the usual reasons I like the show. SWTOR might as well not been in it for all it was really used in it. No where near as well used as Age of Conan was.

Just finished watching. Gotta say I feel the same.

I am away and won't be able to watch tonight but I'm PVRing it. I am curious if SWTOR will only be mentioned or if there will also be gameplay footage too.

There were a couple of shots of the game but not much, then the one shot of the server select screen with a disconnect dialogue because they fell asleep playing. There was also supposed to be some swag on set but I only saw what I think was the game case. Overall, it was less than impressive and the episode itself wasn't as good as usual. They also mentioned D&D, City of Heroes and GTA in the episode.

Leonard once referred to them as "The Rebel Alliance" Sheldon replied "I always thought of myself more of an Empire man..." Might as well be spread between the two factions, either way it'll be funny and good publicity or maybe not probably anyone who watches that and likes Star Wars is already aware of TOR. They had an Age of Conan episode a long time ago. I need to watch it now, does the game get a lot of exposure? Edited by Lightmaguz