4 medal cap has killed PVP

thamightyboro

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Valor will definitely not be just for prestige. Just look at the champion comms that they put on the PvP vendor. They have a valor requirement to purchase. You need lv 50 valor to get champion.

So after 1.2 hits and there is no more bags, you will need to be Lv50 valor to be champion equipped and Lv60 valor for Battlemaster. So no, Valor is still necessary to gain levels in to get the good gear.

Edited by sheisty

Valor will definitely not be just for prestige. Just look at the champion comms that they put on the PvP vendor. They have a valor requirement to purchase. You need lv 50 valor to get champion.

So after 1.2 hits and there is no more bags, you will need to be Lv50 valor to be champion equipped and Lv60 valor for Battlemaster. So no, Valor is still necessary to gain levels in to get the good gear.

You can wear champion gear without being valor 50.

Getting same reward for losing or winning means there is no point to try hard when you done daily.

Do you only play this game because Bio-ware has placed a carrot on a stick or do you enjoy it?

Do you PVP to get gear or because you enjoy it?

Do you enjoy grinding?

If you aren't trying hard, you aren't having fun. If you aren't having fun, you are grinding.

You may not have a reason to try hard after doing the daily quest but I (and many others) play to win every time.

Do you only play this game because Bio-ware has placed a carrot on a stick or do you enjoy it?

Do you PVP to get gear or because you enjoy it?

Do you enjoy grinding?

If you aren't trying hard, you aren't having fun. If you aren't having fun, you are grinding.

You may not have a reason to try hard after doing the daily quest but I (and many others) play to win every time.

The problem is that a lot of people find themselves in matches that they (believe they) cannot win. When this happens, there's no such thing as "playing to win", because winning is (seemingly) impossible. Additionally, a lot of people don't find playing a game that they're (seemingly) sure to lose to be very much fun. The thing that BioWare needs to do is provide some incentive for people to keep trying, despite the (apparent) certainty of a loss (or design their Warzones+Matchmaking so that there aren't any blowout matches, which is a lot easier said than done). The new medal system doesn't give people any such incentive. Instead, it pretty much encourages people to completely give up as soon as they fall behind.

System is fine. Lazy and entitled players are the problem.

Seems to me this is at the core of Biowares problems....they either think ppl are decent and fair (we all know ppl on the web in general are not) or they realize they are designing systems that can be abused but just don't care.

Both options make for a slow decline imo

Red Sox were down 3-0 in the playoffs in 2004 against the Yankees. They didn't give up. Just have fun killing other people. what is the big deal. Tomorrow the sun will rise and there will be another warzone.

p.s. Bioware I don't think this was inflammatory... It is as politically correct as I could be. please don't delete. I hope this did not hurt anyone's feelings.

What you are describing is mainly player issues. Having penalties for leaving a Wz would be great, but this wouldn't be needed if it weren't for player actions in the first place.

True, but if Penalties for leaving early will cause fewer people to play WZs hopefully that will leave WZs to people who actually enjoy them.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm a bit worn out with Huttball on my Empire 50, but I still enjoy a few games. It is much better on my Republic 50 since I tend to get more variety.

But it has gotten ridiculous. Yesterday I started a Huttball match on my Sorcerer, the other team scored 1 goal. All but three of us immediately left the match. It just so happens that we came back to win 6-1 with the replacements, so maybe I should thank the losers that left :D

The above is not very common. Usually when people leave as soon as the other team gains any advantage it is a downhill spiral. It just takes too long to get replacements into the game.

There are far too many people that don't really want to PvP so they just insta quit WZs until they can find a team that will carry them easily to victory. This type of behavior can ruin WZs for everyone.

If you are down 5-0 in Huttball or the equivalent in another match and want to leave, well I don't, but I have less problem with this than the people that immediately quit when the other team has the slightest advantage. Why do they even PvP in the first place?

Edited by Erasimus

Anyone remember when people played games to win? Even when the reward was "only" winning?

Anyone remember beating SNES games on uber hard mode and all you get was a pixilated Samus in her Zero suit and you were **** bricks because Samus was a GIRL!

Hell most games just gave you a "Good Job Succ***aaaaa!"

Entitlement indeed.

Indeed. When you beat Blastcorp (one of many Rare classics), not just the game but gaining gold times on every level all you unlocked was... platinum times! When you eventually beat all those crazy times you unlocked *drumroll* a message that says, "You can stop playing now."

Red Sox were down 3-0 in the playoffs in 2004 against the Yankees. They didn't give up. Just have fun killing other people. what is the big deal. Tomorrow the sun will rise and there will be another warzone.

p.s. Bioware I don't think this was inflammatory... It is as politically correct as I could be. please don't delete. I hope this did not hurt anyone's feelings.

Yankees suck; your argument is irrelevant.

This is why I love playing the lvl 10-49 PvP. Doesn't really matter that much if you win. You get one daily that just gives you XP so people play to play. I love that. Now if they could get the same thing in the 50 bracket it would be perfect.

So I am curious! With the medal cap the way it is. Is Exp boosted or stayed the same? I am curious because on my server we have an astronomical amount of botters in the 10-49 who auto lvl over night. They get to 50 and you don't see them log on again.

Curios if this will just help them achieve their afk goal faster now :confused:

So, before we had a system that enouraged winning. What we get from it? People leaving WZ at first sign that they may not win (like loosing 1 point in Huttball).

Everyone were screaming "give us incentive to stay in lost WZ!"

So, BW created system that encourages participation regardless of outcome.

Now people (probably the same as above) get 4 medals and afk in the corner.

It is time to realize the truth.

It is not BW fault that we have a lot of players that dont want to pvp, they only want to get gear (and complain here ofc).

There is nothing that can stop those players from ruining others experience. Maybe a vote for kick and some kind of "you were kicked 5 times in 2 days, you are banned from WZ for a week", or other kind of report/judge system.

But since it is a P2P game, I doubt it will ever happen.

Deal with it. Those so called pvpers that leave or afk will be always here, only ranked system can free you from them, but only if you are a good player...hepefuly;)

Allow for 16 man queues. This would let the cheaters just cheat without impacting others play and allow 16 friends who want a competative match to square off at will.

System is fine. Lazy and entitled players are the problem.

Umm system is not fine and people are quitting left and right because of it. You are probably in denial like the rest of the fanbois. And of course people feel entitled to things in this game.. THEY PAY FOR IT.

*facepalm*

These guys are hopeless.

How about passing them a nice cup of "grow the **** up", so that they can start playing for the match itself, instead of the gear they need to be attention whores?

What's awesome is just how many things have killed PvP to date. Drama queens 4tw.

Yeah, you'd think pvp is one of those chemicals that implode when exposed to common air.

Edited by Vetril

When it comes to PvP, in any game, it's impossible to make it perfect.

I personally hate the medal system how it currently is, because the initial medals are easier to get than the later ones. Also, many do not reflect player skill, or a their contribution to the match.

I think a simple revamp of the medal system, would be all that is needed.

1)Medals should scale perfectly. If there is a DPS medal, it should be at regular intervals, such as every 75k damage, with no limit. The same with healing and shielding, but at different intervals to try and balance out the comparative difficulty (shielding especially needs to be addressed, in this regard.).

2)Remove all medals that require a one time act, such as killing someone 1v1, dealing 2500 damage in one hit, etc. These are medals that do absolutely nothing to reflect the amount of contribution a player gave to a match.

3)Remove medals for number of kills. DPS is a better indicator of performance than this, and healing to get kill credit is just preposterous.

4)MVP votes should be given by the opposing team, not your own, and voting should not be optional. Also, MVP votes should be the prime unit of calculation for who is Ops Leader in a WZ, and should have absolutely no valor, XP, or commendation reward.

5)Give medal rewards for objective points, and revamp how these points are gained. These are the only medals that SHOULD have a cap, and are also the medals that would require the most thought. I could offer my opinions on this matter, but I think it in itself merits an entire forum discussion.

6)Remove the medal cap, because if medals are functioning properly, anyone should be able to gain them if they are doing their respective job properly, and having more diversified class capabilities would not make it easier for you to score more medals. In fact, it might even make it worse, since you are not focusing on whatever role you are best at.

Edited by MobiusZero