1.2 More FORCED HUTTBALL

Typheran

"No, you won't be able select specifically which Warzone to join after 1.2 goes live. Instead, Void Star will be changed so that Republic can fight Republic and Empire can fight Empire, a team format shared by Huttball and Novare Coast. "That means that Void Star will fire more often when you're on a server where it's a faction imbalance…There's going to be less of a Huttball bias. We plan to move Alderaan into that group as well, but it won't be ready for 1.2. We're very conscious of the fact that we have servers with a faction imbalance and we have to deal with that." "

What?!?! I NEVER want to play Forceball again. Give us the ability to not que for it OR DO NOT ADD A DESERTER DEBUFF. Hell.. Balance the classes so they are all useful in huttball.. but don't force us to play it.

This is ****ed up.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1219843p1.html

Edited by Typheran

Misleading title is misleading.

In 1.2 if you're on a side with a lot more people on that faction, you'll be able to fight your own faction in:

The new warzone

Huttball

Voidstar

and after 1.2 Alderaan will be added to it as well.

"No, you won't be able select specifically which Warzone to join after 1.2 goes live. Instead, Void Star will be changed so that Republic can fight Republic and Empire can fight Empire, a team format shared by Huttball and Novare Coast. "That means that Void Star will fire more often when you're on a server where it's a faction imbalance…There's going to be less of a Huttball bias. We plan to move Alderaan into that group as well, but it won't be ready for 1.2. We're very conscious of the fact that we have servers with a faction imbalance and we have to deal with that." "

What?!?! I NEVER want to play Forceball again. Give us the ability to not que for it OR DO NOT ADD A DESERTER DEBUFF. Hell.. Balance the classes so they are all useful in huttball.. but don't force us to play it.

This is ****ed up.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1219843p1.html

Or.. learn to play huttball.

i feel pretty useful, and i'm a sniper.

Misleading title is misleading.

In 1.2 if you're on a side with a lot more people on that faction, you'll be able to fight your own faction in:

The new warzone

Huttball

Voidstar

and after 1.2 Alderaan will be added to it as well.

It's not misleading... you wont be able to UNQUE for Huttball.. that makes it forced!

It's not misleading... you wont be able to UNQUE for Huttball.. that makes it forced!

The title is MORE forced huttball.

With this change its LESS. By a LARGE amount.

Right now the only same-faction warzone is huttball.

There will be 3 options, and then 4.

So misleading title.

Huttball is the best map currently.

You really shouldn't be complaining.

Granted I do have Juggernaut Bias because that place is like a jungle gym to me, but still, its probably the best designed map in terms of rewarding unique play, skill and strategy.

I bet the only people complaining about huttball are operatives, but you guys should only be healers anyways when you are in huttball.

The title is MORE forced huttball.

With this change its LESS. By a LARGE amount.

Right now the only same-faction warzone is huttball.

There will be 3 options, and then 4.

So misleading title.

MORE and in more of it.... as in If I didn't have to que for it.. there would be less of it. Hence, There will be more of it in the future for people that HATE forceball.

I win.

Thanks for playing.

MORE and in more of it.... as in If I didn't have to que for it.. there would be less of it. Hence, There will be more of it in the future for people that HATE forceball.

I win.

Thanks for playing.

"More" means additional or greater quantity of something. What you are looking for is "Continued" as in "1.2 Continued FORCED HUTTBALL" since it will not be greater quantity of it. In fact, as has been pointed out, you'll be less likely to be forced into Huttball since there will be more same-faction options.

Either way, your usage of the term is colloquial yet grammatically inaccurate. "Continued' would have been a more meaningful term and accurate.

While having the ability to queue for specific WZ's would be nice I am more than happy with them adding Voidstar and a new WZ for the moment. You can't get everything at once. Plus if they add cross server WZ it could get even better I hope.

Yeah I agree... but huttball is very class specific and shouldn't be forced on people. After playing huttball 95% of the time the last couple of months I really can't stand it.

I like the game, but the PVP direction in this game is horrid.

They shouldn't force us to play a warzone that we don't want to.

"More" means additional or greater quantity of something. What you are looking for is "Continued" as in "1.2 Continued FORCED HUTTBALL" since it will not be greater quantity of it. In fact, as has been pointed out, you'll be less likely to be forced into Huttball since there will be more same-faction options.

Either way, your usage of the term is colloquial yet grammatically inaccurate. "Continued' would have been a more meaningful term and accurate.

Thanks for backing me up on this.

Uggh. Republic vs Republic Voidstar will be lame.

What's the point of having 2 factions if you just fight against your own faction most of the time.

I already hate playing against my own side in huttball now I have to do it everywhere else AND I can't skip queuing for huttball?

/sigh

Just stop delaying it and make cross-server queues. The "server rivalry" is against my own side and thats just retarded so there is no point sticking to the "we want you to have a server rivalry in pvp".

Ugh, great, that's what I wanted, to play VS more. I'd much rather see huttball any day of the week than enjoy HealStar tie breaker win/loss at random.

And I'd rather play civil war.. .

I don't understand why we can't pick what we want to que for?

Im not sure which is worse, the admission that they can't and/or won't address faction imbalance and choose to fudge a solution instead or the realisation for Bioware that their entire pvp system is completely fubar.

Lets encourage players into warzones and out of Ilum....then because the faction balance is screwed lets have them kill each other over the Voidstar because thats really in keeping with the game lore.

Same as the cross-server queues....it fixes none of the fundimental problems of players stranded on dead servers, it just puts a Mr. Men band-aid over the cracks and wanders off whistling as if it's going to heal on it's own now.