Legacy Ability Info from IGN

mecher

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1219843p1.html

"Other Legacy unlocks will not be available until you've leveled a class to 50, however. Such is the case with unlocking new skills. Do you wish your Bounty Hunter could shoot Force lightning? After 1.2, if you relate the Bounty Hunter to a level 50 Inquisitor, it'll be possible, though with some significant limitations.

A Bounty Hunter won't suddenly turn into a Force-wielding super user. Every class has a heroic moment ability which requires the presence of a companion to activate. Only by using these heroic moment abilities will you be able to access the cross-class Legacy abilities. That essentially means you can only use the abilities out in the questing world; they're locked out when you're in a full group or in a PvP Warzone. "It's a balancing mechanism. We wanted to make the abilities powerful and useful but we know that some players are going to eventually have all seven others on one character. We had to be cognizant of that when we were creating them so we don't give the player seven super-powerful abilities he can use in rapid succession."

"

So no use in PvP it seems and only during a heroic moment use.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds reasonable enough.

It could help the leveling of classes/specs that aren't all that good at solo'ing, and just generally spice up the leveling process.

That said, it still doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

So its useless, got it.

*Offers a tissue*

So they either mess up PvP balance by allowing it in pvp and here the complaints from that, probably from people like you, or do what they did and still here complaints from you.

Bioware can't win with you guys it seems.

Edited by mecher

Sounds reasonable enough.

It could help the leveling of classes/specs that aren't all that good at solo'ing, and just generally spice up the leveling process.

That said, it still doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

If it really is linked to using Heroic Moment, then it will be on a 20 minute cool down. That's not very helpful to leveling. Might help more classes solo Champion level mobs.

I feel 100% better about it now.

When I saw the video at first I was very anti. A smuggler with force choke??!?!

But I guess if it's a heroic moment then it's not too bad. At worst you might see people with crazy combos in flashpoints but all in all it adds to the 'fun/cool factor'.

Okay. I'm sold. All looking good so far.

Main thing I was happy about? ---- delaying 1.2. Now I have longer to get my crystal and speeder!

People complain they introduce ability sharing cause it'll ruin balance. Bioware puts in restriction so said feature doesn't ruin balance, and people automatically pass the feature off as useless. Devs can't seem to win. Edited by Merex

So no use in PvP it seems and only during a heroic moment use.

This is a good thing and shows some forward thinking about balance. It comes down to a small "vanity" reward for playing the game that only effects "questing PvE content".

In before all the "this sucks, this isn't fair I should beable to use all the abilities I aquire and play the way I want because I am paying you bioware". ;)

For all of us who have altoholism we finially have a game that recognises and rewards our playstyle!!!! ;) <---- Notice the emote before guaging seriousness (or a note for all those with the sense of humor of Dr. Sheldon Cooper .... er bazinga :p).

People complain they introduce ability sharing cause it'll ruin balance. Bioware puts in restriction so said feature doesn't ruin balance, and people automatically pass the feature off as useless. Devs can't seem to win.

Because the entire concept is retarded.

This is a MMO, not a single player game. Bioware is continuing to prove they don't understand how this genre works. Now they're adding MORE content to the game that focuses on being alone instead of in a group. It's stupid.

People complain they introduce ability sharing cause it'll ruin balance. Bioware puts in restriction so said feature doesn't ruin balance, and people automatically pass the feature off as useless. Devs can't seem to win.

So.. the complaints are valid? It IS useless.

I think it's not too bad, it's a nice gimmick, but it's no reason to have people freak out about. so, in essence, it means I will still use heroic moment for what I use it right now: solo boss fights in my class quest

This is a MMO, not a single player game. Bioware is continuing to prove they don't understand how this genre works. Now they're adding MORE content to the game that focuses on being alone instead of in a group. It's stupid.

Did you bother to read about 1.2?

Seriously have you read ANYTHING about it?

If it really is linked to using Heroic Moment, then it will be on a 20 minute cool down. That's not very helpful to leveling. Might help more classes solo Champion level mobs.

Well, from my own experience, it's the elite ones that don't hit like a wet noodle that are the issue.(These are usually a non-issue for tanks and healers, but can be nasty for dps, even with a geared companion)

The stronger silver mobs can still be destroyed by ganging up on them with your companion.

Exactly, plus - the solo levelling game is already fine, it works, it doesnt need more stuff adding to it.

*offers a tissue*

so they either mess up pvp balance by allowing it in pvp and here the complaints from that, probably from people like you, or do what they did and still here complaints from you.

bioware can't win with you guys it seems.

+1000

*Offers a tissue*

So they either mess up PvP balance by allowing it in pvp and here the complaints from that, probably from people like you, or do what they did and still here complaints from you.

Bioware can't win with you guys it seems.

Or they can not add needless features to the game like cross-class skills in the first place? are you mad that it is infact useless? dont take your rage out on me for pointing out how useless there great legacy system is :)