Twi'lek Sith Inquisitor's Ancestry *SPOILERS*

DiscreteFury

Actually the earliest Dark Lords of the Sith where not Sith/human hybreeds, but full on Dark Jedi who where exiled from the Republic. As such, they could be a full member of any given species in the Galaxy even generations after the Dark Jedi took over.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me see. the lord of an expansive empire...has some sons no doubt, and that most likely also has a seraglio would have alot of ancestors? No really?!

They never say how related the person is. It could be that your twi'lek is 1/1000th kallig and powerfull in the force for different reasons.

Actually, Kallig was a contemporary of Tulak Hord. Both lived during the time of the Sith Empire.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tulak_Hord

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aloysius_Kallig

Which brings us to the conundrum of the Twi'lek SI. Since TCW is T-Canon, and apparently the half-Twi'lek half-Human kids WERE really hybrids, then it is theoretically possible that somewhere down the line from Aloysius Kallig to the SI, one of his descendants married a Twi'lek, and then the half-Twi'lek married a full Twi'lek, and so on and so forth, etc. etc.

So basically the previous assumption in C-Canon that humans and Twi'leks can't interbreed has been superceded by the T-Canon TCW episode "Deserter". It will probably be retconned to S-Canon as a rumor.

Ok I am just going to ignore all of your discussion regarding levels of canon and just point out something that I think you missed. If the SI is a Twi'lek then Kallig was not a human. I don't mean this as it is impossible for a Twi'lek to have a human ancestor.....I mean that Kallig's species is determined by the SI's species.

There is a companion conversaion with Talos where he talks about Kallig. If the SI is a human then Talos says that Kallig was unsusal for his time by being a human Sith with pro-nonhuman views. However if the SI is not a human, Talso instead states that Kallig was unusual for his time because he was a nonhuman sith. The metagame implication of this being that Kallig's species is supposed to be the SI's species and the helmet just cuts off lekku when he is Twi'lek.

Ok I am just going to ignore all of your discussion regarding levels of canon and just point out something that I think you missed. If the SI is a Twi'lek then Kallig was not a human. I don't mean this as it is impossible for a Twi'lek to have a human ancestor.....I mean that Kallig's species is determined by the SI's species.

There is a companion conversaion with Talos where he talks about Kallig. If the SI is a human then Talos says that Kallig was unsusal for his time by being a human Sith with pro-nonhuman views. However if the SI is not a human, Talso instead states that Kallig was unusual for his time because he was a nonhuman sith. The metagame implication of this being that Kallig's species is supposed to be the SI's species and the helmet just cuts off lekku when he is Twi'lek.

Hmm see this makes me feel a little bit better about the situation. Sure Twi'leks were pretty much slave fodder back in the day when tulak hord and kallig were around but now I realise it's simply a game mechanic issue rather than (imo) a great big plot hole.

So now I'm cool with it; Kallig was a twi'lek sith lord who rose up back in the day just like your character did, he wears a helmet that rather than showing his race, shows that bioware didn't make kallig a different model for different species.

It was gnawing away at me, glad I didn't reroll human now.

That assumes that the Twi'lek was introduced into the bloodline with Kallig. There have been something like 50 generations since then. Assuming a human/twi'lek is possible, it could have happened in any of the 50 generations none of whom should have been Sith Lords since the Sith Inquisitor is the line's return to power.

That aside, he wears a mask, so he cold be a Twi'lek with a really weird back story.

agreed i jumped to this conclusion.

Well, if THAT's the case, then they need to make the helmets fit with Twi'leks better.

Edited by Captain_Zone

Well, if THAT's the case, then they need to make the helmets fit with Twi'leks better.

I agree with this entirely. I think the problem is lekku got coded as a kind of hair and helmets that turn hair off (or else you'd have a pony tail sticking out of some helmets and hoods) thus turn the lekku off. Hoods turning off for twi'leks appears to be something that was added as a special case. Of course I'm simply guessing based on the evidence available and that, for example, sith purebloods have special face-features and are handle as different head options.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe Kallig was only half-Twi'lek?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just thought i would throw my opinion out there, as some people have already stated Talos tells you that Kallig was an alien if you are of non-human origin, so i was thinking what if he used the helmet/mask to hide his features, and in the case of a Twi'lek used the force to hide his Lekku, those who have advanced far enough in the SI story line will know what i mean if i say :

Lord/Darth Zash.