Targeting issues.

Draflorin

Hi Guys - might be just me, could have missed a setting that could make life easier but i have some issues with the targeting in this game.

When I'm playing PVP things can get frenzied and when I am trying to change targets the tab key seems to pick guys off to the side or behind me quite some distance away and i have to stop and manually target or keep mashing the tab button and hope I don't accidentally go past my desired target - if I stop the 2 guys chasing me can catch me so I want to keep moving and avoiding line of sight with the ranged enemies etc.

Should tab targeting choose targets in front of you rather than thos off to the side or behind you?

What solutions have you found for this - if anyone has pls post so I can try it too.

Also I think the little red arrow above the head of the player and the small red ring at the targets feet are not enough in the frenzied PVP environment. I would like to see a glowing pillar like they have for the Hutt ball carrier but only red. if this is not your preference that's fine - am I allowed to request it as an option so we can both be happy? seeking discussion on this.

I agree with you, mate. In WoW tab targetting was so much more precise. I could actually aim at a ball of mobs and pretty much aim exactly at the mob I wanted to have and one tab later, I had my target.

I really prefer to be able to aim with my char in addition to the range feature (which also comes into effect in WoW as a secondary priority after the aiming).

Hi Guys - might be just me, could have missed a setting that could make life easier but i have some issues with the targeting in this game.

When I'm playing PVP things can get frenzied and when I am trying to change targets the tab key seems to pick guys off to the side or behind me quite some distance away and i have to stop and manually target or keep mashing the tab button and hope I don't accidentally go past my desired target - if I stop the 2 guys chasing me can catch me so I want to keep moving and avoiding line of sight with the ranged enemies etc.

Should tab targeting choose targets in front of you rather than thos off to the side or behind you?

What solutions have you found for this - if anyone has pls post so I can try it too.

Also I think the little red arrow above the head of the player and the small red ring at the targets feet are not enough in the frenzied PVP environment. I would like to see a glowing pillar like they have for the Hutt ball carrier but only red. if this is not your preference that's fine - am I allowed to request it as an option so we can both be happy? seeking discussion on this.

Hi

As far as I can tell there are 4 major targetting bugs in this game, probably more but these 3 in particular stand out, especially since one of my characters is a tank so I switch targets a LOT and I am affected by them beyond just PvP.

The bugs are as follows:

1. Tab Targetting - Often times when targetting it will skip a target if its on a different floor tile. For example, you can have a group of 5 mobs or 5 PvP players, if one of them is directly in front of you, but on a sloped or somehow different floor tile then the rest, Tab targeting will completely skip it and you can only tab through the other ones. I have to actually manually select the said target by clicking on it, which is not usable during fast paced combat.

2. Target Nearest Enemy - feature does not work. Most of the time it just does a random rotation same as regular Tab Targeting AND is affected by targeting bug #1, #3 and targeting bug #4. I stopped using it all together for those reasons. It doesnt work at all

3. Targets do not properly switch - animation related - If you kill a mob or player, often times you can switch targets by using Tab or Target Nearest functions until the death animation is finished and PvE target becomes lootable and PvP target its equivalent state. The game simply does not allow you to switch targets other then again, manually select and click another using your mouse cursor. This is most apparent in settings such as flashpoints and PvE Ops, but I have seen it occasionally in PvP as well.

4. Select Nearest Target - does not do so. If you have enabled the option where you are supposed to auto select nearest enemy using a combat ability, this function sometimes fails and selects further targets or ones which are completely out of your characters front arc. I am not sure wht is causing it, but seems to be a combination of animation target bugs, floor tiles and server lag. I have noticed my target is simply no longer the closest or in the correct arc by time the targeting function kicks in from the moment of activation. This one does not happen as often as the 3 above, but it is noticable.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Same thing, mate. Tab Targeting is completely borked. It isn't THAT awful, but for sure it needs some serious tweaking.

/signed

I agree it does need tweaking. It's also difficult to see who you have tab targetted to when it does not target the player you are intending. I feel it needs to make target selection more prominent, maybe brighter.