Free Migration from Tomb of Freedon Nadd

rushx

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my, not another free "movez cuz I no play for long cue" thread. There is another thread in General with this same "petition".

If you weren't power levelling to cap, I'd suggest moving to another server. And what's with the "unofficial" So-and-So-Nation server?

These forums are nothing but a waste due to all the QQ thread spam. I can't find anything on forum to read except QQ "where ma invite, blizz?" "why long cue, blizz"

Jeez!

It's been 3 days! Roll a new toon elsewhere than demand character transfer.

you made a bad pick for servers. Deal with it or re-roll you haven't invested years or even months on this character. Come on.

People love to complain about something don't they.

+1

True, BW tried something inovative with the guild placement program and as expected it didn't go flawlessly. The main problem with the overloading is the stupid "unofficial Spanish, Russian w/e" server crap. Some fan site declares server X as unofficial for XXXXXX language and the fans start poring leading to long queues. Boo F***ing Hoo if it doesn't work for you change the server.

If you want server first - go to new fresh server BW opens new servers on a regular basis.

If you want World 1st - guess you are screwed.

Seriously why don't people spend 1/2 the time they spend QQing in the forums in actually re-rolling on a fresh server.

+1

True, BW tried something inovative with the guild placement program and as expected it didn't go flawlessly. The main problem with the overloading is the stupid "unofficial Spanish, Russian w/e" server crap. Some fan site declares server X as unofficial for XXXXXX language and the fans start poring leading to long queues. Boo F***ing Hoo if it doesn't work for you change the server.

If you want server first - go to new fresh server BW opens new servers on a regular basis.

If you want World 1st - guess you are screwed.

Seriously why don't people spend 1/2 the time they spend QQing in the forums in actually re-rolling on a fresh server.

True, but there is a lvl, that you prefer QQ in case it helps you, than start a new on other server, becaues it requires less time than reaching that lvl with the fresh char you just made.

It's to be expected, even more so in a staggered release.

reason why people dont go to new servers:

1- they researched the servers best suited for them - aka launguage based/pvp or pve based and found a server - and everyone goes to it

2- friends got in the server and they want to play with friends

3- they've read over the past few days its a good server, so they join it inspite of the queue

Quality over Quantity- who cares if there's a load of people in the server - its been named a good server hence join it

note: im not even past the login screen yet, neither is my fiance, and we're planning on joining a Full PVP server,

Reason? Because our friend who got in day 1- is on the server, and we're playing with our friends, do we care about the server being full? Fk no. do we care people have to queue longer in that server? Fk no. we care about having fun with people who planned to play the game, the server is full after 2 days, theres not my problem, Bioware should have better servers

True, but there is a lvl, that you prefer QQ in case it helps you, than start a new on other server, becaues it requires less time than reaching that lvl with the fresh char you just made.

You don't really expect that there will be a free migration or even a paid migration anytime soon do you? The most time you could have possibly spent is 3 days, which is nothing in the long run.

There has been no major MMO without queues during the launch. Like many already stated - i take 2h queues any day over ghost towns once the 1st free month expires and large portion of the population stops playing.

I would say they'll probably implement server transfers post-launch, there are some major server imbalances out there. They'll probably wait to see how it stabilizes after launch.

Hate to say it but you'll probably have to deal with it for now (seeing as there are bigger issues on their plate), but whether you should reroll or keep playing is a hard decision.

Its as if the people here who keeps posting "omg QQ reroll on another server" doesn't understand the problem is that guilds are automatically enrolled to some of these servers. It is not problem-free nor easy to move them all to another server. Many have friends outside the guild that also started on that server etc.

So can we get past the "omg QQ" and "you must come from WoW"-posts, its rather silly and doesn't bring anything new to the plate. Note that many people are actually looking for solutions rather than just whining.

Yes queues are expected, but I don't think anyone expected 2h+ queues. When you have job and family you queue times like that is essentially forcing you out of the game.

I only see two solutions to the problem:

1. Make it possible for entire guilds to move to another server.
  2. Raise capacity on the servers in question.

Do Bioware have the tool to move guilds? I doubt it to be honest. And who knows if its actually possible to raise capacity enough to accomodate the load and get the queues down to something reasonable for the few servers that got it really bad.

Its as if the people here who keeps posting "omg QQ reroll on another server" doesn't understand the problem is that guilds are automatically enrolled to some of these servers. It is not problem-free nor easy to move them all to another server. Many have friends outside the guild that also started on that server etc.

So can we get past the "omg QQ" and "you must come from WoW"-posts, its rather silly and doesn't bring anything new to the plate. Note that many people are actually looking for solutions rather than just whining.

Yes queues are expected, but I don't think anyone expected 2h+ queues. When you have job and family you queue times like that is essentially forcing you out of the game.

I only see two solutions to the problem:

1. Make it possible for entire guilds to move to another server.
  2. Raise capacity on the servers in question.

Do Bioware have the tool to move guilds? I doubt it to be honest. And who knows if its actually possible to raise capacity enough to accomodate the load and get the queues down to something reasonable for the few servers that got it really bad.

or

3. get your guild together and organize a re-roll.

English EU PvP Server Queues | Yesterday , 10:46 PM

We are aware of long queue times on some select EU English PvP servers. If you are attempting to enter an EU English PvP server and are encountering a 2+ hour queue, we strongly encourage you to select a different EU English PvP server. Many of these servers do not have long queue times, and you’ll be able to get in-game much faster. We expect populations across all of these servers to remain very healthy, so please do not hesitate to select a server that has a shorter queue time to begin enjoying the game faster!

Allison Berryman | Senior Community Coordinator

Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook

[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

I posted this on one of the other threads which various people are making about TOFN. Official BioWare stance would seem to be "If your server is full, re-roll elsewhere for gaming pleasure". Not ideal, but it's the logical thing to do. The earlier it is done, the less pain you will have in the long run.

Edited by Corinthar

or

3. get your guild together and organize a re-roll.

You realize getting 50 people together to organize a mass reroll is absurd. Any kind of logistical shift like that is serious business and requires way more organization than is really viable here.

The best bet is just to wait it out, the single people who aren't guildbound will most likely shift before guilds will, just weather the storm sadly. Its the best thing you can do at this point.

Easiest way to do it simply clone the server, talk to the top guilds on each side and get them xfered at a 1:1 ratio just move all toons on that account over to a new server so that there are no issues with names and such if an account is flagged as being in guild move all toons over to new server.

You realize getting 50 people together to organize a mass reroll is absurd. Any kind of logistical shift like that is serious business and requires way more organization than is really viable here.

The best bet is just to wait it out, the single people who aren't guildbound will most likely shift before guilds will, just weather the storm sadly. Its the best thing you can do at this point.

Not to mention most of the people in hardcore guilds are already 25 plus and are loathe to reroll

Not sure if serious. Does anyone honestly expect them to do free transfers of entire guilds to less populated servers three days into early access? Nevermind the arrogance of thinking you're special enough to warrant it, but what happens when THAT servers starts getting queues? Do you want another one? :confused:

What happens if you're name is taken on that new server? I guess you expect that person to lose their name, since the world revolves around you.

Your guild isn't the only one waiting in a queue. This whole notion is just absurd.

it seems like they put alot of top guilds on one server ...

I lol'd

Edited by ChicksDigHarleys

we just need to rise up the capacity of server

Then you run into issues with server lag better to contact the guilds on each side with the most people and when they bring a new server online xfer over those guilds and all toons connected to those accounts a new pvp server ofc. Keep the 1:1 ratio we have currently and fix the pop issues in a single step.

Not sure if serious. Does anyone honestly expect them to do free transfers of entire guilds to less populated servers three days into early access? Nevermind the arrogance of thinking you're special enough to warrant it, but what happens when THAT servers starts getting queues? Do you want another one? :confused:

What happens if you're name is taken on that new server? I guess you expect that person to lose their name, since the world revolves around you.

Your guild isn't theonly one waiting in a queue. This whole notion is just absurd.

I lol'd

Which is why you do a full xfer to one of the new pvp servers that will be opening up in the coming days no issues with name and most likely reduce both down to heavy standard rather then constantly full as it is now or we can keep having 4 hour ques at prime time but hey you want to ridicule an idea that could improve your playing experience assuming you are even on tombs be my guest.

As to why I'm posting now its because I'm sitting in a 1000 person que at this time look at the wait times for servers before shooting your mouth off thanks as I doubt you are even on tomb

Must I mention guilds were forcefully deployed on specific servers?

Actually, they were not 'forcefully deployed' anywhere. It was pretty clearly communicated that if your guild did not like the server that you were deployed on you could 'forcefully' decide not to make the guild on the designated server and chose another. IF that discussion did not occur within the guild, blame the guild leadership, not BW.

Actually, they were not 'forcefully deployed' anywhere. It was pretty clearly communicated that if your guild did not like the server that you were deployed on you could 'forcefully' decide not to make the guild on the designated server and chose another. IF that discussion did not occur within the guild, blame the guild leadership, not BW.

Blame BW for sticking all the russian guild on chun causing all the non russians to migrate to a dif pvp server

We all need to have different threads to get this problem addressed.

There is not global chat so we cannot get the msg out there.

Free migration from the tomb of freedon nadd is needed asap. I have guildees in a queue of 2000+ and its the middle of a working day!