Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jedi=Sexy T7=Mate for life! Jedi=Hot in those robes. T7=likes a lot!

Goodie, this a mental image that won't go away for awhile. :D

But that does bring up an interesting point. Many of the droids in SW have well programmed and "fleshed" out personalities(so to speak.) That would be an interesting thought, and a cool story potential. And many of them seem to have a basic gender setting, so that gives SGR content another way to go too. Besides, we have a companion that is in love with a hologram. I don't see why droid romances would be entirely out of the question.

That being said, it still seems a little weird. :p

Hahaha...see, I just can't see the words "droid romance" without thinking of this quest from KOTOR 1...

I mean. That poor droid.

"Er...ALL the time?"

"You don't want to know."

"Um...probably not..."

Awkwarrrrrd. :w_embarrass:

Edited by BrenNerani

Hahaha...see, I just can't see the words "droid romance" without thinking of this quest from KOTOR 1...

I mean. That poor droid.

"Er...ALL the time?"

"You don't want to know."

"Um...probably not..."

Awkwarrrrrd. :w_embarrass:

Never played KoToR, but I plan on picking up a used copy.

I had another idea involving droids and how they could affect romance. Say, you're romancing Kira, but you've also been messing around with Doc. Having the ship droid letting the involvement slip by accident would not only make the all the interactions with the crew go up, but would alllow for some great drama and great laughs. :D

And after reading that, all I can think about is how the Fury isn't a very large ship, so the entire crew would be able to hear every shout, yell, thump, and other assorted noises that might accompany this. :eek:

I did have one more comment on this: What happens in Nar Shaada, stays in Nar Shaada. :D

Edited by natashina

I was with you on Quinn. :mad: My nickname for him is Wonderbread Boy! My husband...has a less kind word for him. Since you are a fellow SM(and Quinn hater), check out this spoiler:

In the beta, when the jerk betrays you, you COULD have force choked him to death. This was taken out when many players complained that they killed their healer. Truth is, you can gear up the ship droid, and he makes for a really good healer. Plus, they are adding ship droid affection in 1.2 ;)

I wish they would expand on the Pierce relationship as an option for both SGR and OGR. BTW, I also wanted to say that SGR might help flesh out more of the stories for the companions. :D

oh I knoooow! I never actually got that far during beta (I played every char up to the end of the introduction and since I level extremely slow... lol)

I could see my boy liking pierce a bit more, but I guess we'll see. for now he's 'on hold' and I actually re-rolled my warrior as a female, which of course still leaves me with Quinn. ugh.

unless they add any interesting chars with new story content I guess both my warriors will end up with vette :p

my biggest 'concern' is that my dream-come-true won't happen (a chiss smuggler and corso. haha)

As for droid romances and polyamorous romances:

The Mass Effect 3 droid romance is the funniest side story, ever.

Fable 3 allows multiple romances including a mix of gay or straight variations. It's quite hilarious.

YES!!!! Scorpio will be mine....:D

And we all know the Sith Warrior, Imperial Agent and Smuggler could use some double lovin'. Giggity.:cool:

You know what I think is amusing?

When people suggest to roll the other gender to experience a specific romance. While that may work for some people, I'm kind of in it not just for the lines they've recorded. The gay part is pretty important to me. So no, rolling a female Bounty Hunter to get Torian's romance is not actually the same as getting a same-gender romance with him.

You know what I think is amusing?

When people suggest to roll the other gender to experience a specific romance. While that may work for some people, I'm kind of in it not just for the lines they've recorded. The gay part is pretty important to me. So no, rolling a female Bounty Hunter to get Torian's romance is not actually the same as getting a same-gender romance with him.

I agree and I do think it's mighty frustrating.

To those that say, "just roll OG," will probably won't understand why its a big deal. I'm not thrilled that my JK is a male, but I do have fun with it. I personally like trying out a male character, and the options that open up are neat. Yet, it is not fair to force a decent sized chunk of the player base to reroll just for content that should be open to all. Oh and if my SW doesn't get the lady she wants, she may just crash the Fury into the nearest star. Fear and hate make for a fine Sith. Loneliness and the lack of companionship make for a crazy Sith.

Ah, but anyhow. Good morning! :D

I was with you on Quinn. :mad: My nickname for him is Wonderbread Boy! My husband...has a less kind word for him. Since you are a fellow SM(and Quinn hater), check out this spoiler:

In the beta, when the jerk betrays you, you COULD have force choked him to death. This was taken out when many players complained that they killed their healer. Truth is, you can gear up the ship droid, and he makes for a really good healer. Plus, they are adding ship droid affection in 1.2 ;)

I wish they would expand on the Pierce relationship as an option for both SGR and OGR. BTW, I also wanted to say that SGR might help flesh out more of the stories for the companions. :D

I, also, dislike Quinn. Mostly because I don't like brown nosers. And let's face it, Quinn's nose is as brown as they get. lol

In fact, I think if Baras sat down too fast, Quinn would break his neck. :p

Edited by Captain_Zone

I, also, dislike Quinn. Mostly because I don't like brown nosers. And let's face it, Quinn's nose is as brown as they get. lol

In fact, I think if Baras sat down too fast, Quinn would break his neck. :p

The two of them deserve each other. :mad: I guess Quinn was such an unpleasant surprise because that's not what I picture poor Kit liking. The personality that Vette (and Kira) exude(fun, smartalecked, resilience, street wise) are much more what I had in mind for Kit. I thought that they would be a good balance for my Sith's brooding ways. Quinn seems a little..dependent. I also think that after dealing with such sycophants most of her life she's sick of it. I mention Kira, because the same thing happened again my JK, with Doc following me around the ship. I got annoyed, rerolled as male so I could go for the characters that I actually liked and wanted to romance. Their personalities more than any other element is what drove me to want to romance them. I really think that Vette(maybe, she's still in the sister box) would be a perfect match for my SW. Or DS Jaesa, if I feel like getting crazy.

Edit: Kitiara was my first toon. Khaz is my gender reroll for JK.

Edited by natashina

The two of them deserve each other. :mad: I guess Quinn was such an unpleasant surprise because that's not what I picture poor Kit liking. The personality that Vette (and Kira) exude(fun, smartalecked, resilience, street wise) are much more what I had in mind for Kit. I thought that they would be a good balance for my Sith's brooding ways. Quinn seems a little..dependent. I also think that after dealing with such sycophants most of her life she's sick of it. I mention Kira, because the same thing happened again my JK, with Doc following me around the ship. I got annoyed, rerolled as male so I could go for the characters that I actually liked and wanted to romance. Their personalities more than any other element is what drove me to want to romance them. I really think that Vette(maybe, she's still in the sister box) would be a perfect match for my SW. Or DS Jaesa, if I feel like getting crazy.

Well, aparently, since I went Light Side with my SW, I can't romance Jaesa.... which is really weird. Anyhow, at least my SI can get some sweet Togruta lovin' from Ashara. She IS a smartaleck, but not on the scale of Kira or Vette. lol In fact, I'm tempted to reroll my SW later on (after I get to 50 and unlock Pureblood for everything else in Legacy) and romance Vette. :)

Edited by Captain_Zone

Hello Everyone,

We have recently removed a number of posts (and responses to those posts) discussing toggles for same gender romances in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Discussion of the implementation of toggles to filter same gender romance options is considered discriminatory language and is neither appropriate nor allowed on the forums. Posts along this vein of discussion will be removed.

As a gentle reminder: This thread is for the discussion of the how and when of implementation of same gender romances. Please stay constructive, on topic, and be kind to your fellow forum members. If you see someone who is breaking the forum rules, do not respond; please flag their post and the Community Team will investigate. Flag, don't fight!

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback, please do not hesitate to email communitysupport@swtor.com.

Thank you for your efforts to keep this discussion constructive and respectful.

Well, aparently, since I went Light Side with my SW, I can't romance Jaesa.... which is really weird. Anyhow, at least my SI can get some sweet Togruta lovin' from Ashara. She IS a smartaleck, but not on the scale of Kira or Vette. lol In fact, I'm tempted to reroll my SW later on (after I get to 50 and unlock Pureblood for everything else in Legacy) and romance Vette. :)

LOL I haven't gotten high enough level to meet Ashara yet, but I've heard good things about her. It would be nice to have a companion with a middle ground between a yes-man and a total nut. And they don't have to be as perky as Vette is, but I'm really hope for someone with personality when they give us more romance options.

Hello Everyone,

We have recently removed a number of posts (and responses to those posts) discussing toggles for same gender romances in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Discussion of the implementation of toggles to filter same gender romance options is considered discriminatory language and is neither appropriate nor allowed on the forums. Posts along this vein of discussion will be removed.

As a gentle reminder: This thread is for the discussion of the how and when of implementation of same gender romances. Please stay constructive, on topic, and be kind to your fellow forum members. If you see someone who is breaking the forum rules, do not respond; please flag their post and the Community Team will investigate. Flag, don't fight!

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback, please do not hesitate to email communitysupport@swtor.com.

No problem and thanks to you as well. :D

Edited by natashina

I can't bring myself to romance Ashara because duurrrr Andronikos. I romance him as FemInquisitor though, because I think the female voice actress is so much better than the male ~

Wich brings me to a topic I always wondered: what if some of the VAs (we have a lot of them, after all) have a problem with voicing S/S content? I'm sure it won't happen, just a thought.

I can't bring myself to romance Ashara because duurrrr Andronikos. I romance him as FemInquisitor though, because I think the female voice actress is so much better than the male ~

Wich brings me to a topic I always wondered: what if some of the VAs (we have a lot of them, after all) have a problem with voicing S/S content? I'm sure it won't happen, just a thought.

They can either record the lines or break contract and be sued-simple enough choice.

Hello Everyone,

That's... um... surprising. I guess that's honed the focus of conversation somewhat.

The female VAs are better than most of the males. Love Pierce and Arik's voices though ;)

I seriously doubt it. And even if they did, well, money talks and all that. BW isn't hiring poor VAs. Not only would those VA(in your question), be losing a chance to work for BW/Lucas Arts, but someone else would be happy to step in. Plus, quitting due to personal issues probably wouldn't look too good later.

Edited by natashina

I'd personally say that a voice actor accepting work for Bioware and not being okay with potentially recording same sex romance lines is, truly, just asking for trouble.

the word is even when same gender romances are included into the game it wont involve the current companions only new ones. or so ive been told

The devs said at the summit they'd been working on SGRAs since before launch and time and budget did not allow them to be finished in time but that they already knew which companions would be available. This implies that at least some of the current companions are planned for SGRAs.

the word is even when same gender romances are included into the game it wont involve the current companions only new ones. or so ive been told

Do you have any new sources? What we can piece together from the little we know so far is that at least some of the current romance options will be open for both male and female player characters.

The devs said at the summit they'd been working on SGRAs since before launch and time and budget did not allow them to be finished in time but that they already knew which companions would be available. This implies that at least some of the current companions are planned for SGRAs.

OR the companions that would be available for SGR's were not released at the start or are still being worked on. If it was for the current companions it likely would have been available already IMO.