Upgraded my CPU and am very pleased

mhuntly

The graphics card is not that important. I upgraded from a Geforce GT 8800 to a Radeon 6950 and the difference was little. For fps issues, the processor is the part that makes the biggest difference on this game.

Umm I DEFINITELY know this is wrong just from my upgrade in cards on this computer.

and the GPU usage

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you would just bump the speed of the proc to 3.0/3.2 which is easily done on the type of cpu you have, you will notice a difference.

I assume you know what overclocking is but just in case, it's the process of forcing your hardware to go beyond their streamlined limits. Proceed with caution though because inexperienced overclocking might damage your pc. If you have a tech friend just tell him you want a boost to around 3.0/3.2 on the cpu ( again, easily done on the proc you have with proper cooling) and he'll know what to do. Although more come into play when oc-ing, i'm assuming you didn't cut corners at the motherboard/ram so be careful at the voltages and temperatures, don't set anything to auto if you decide to try this.

And again overclocking done wrong will damage without a doubt your pc, including the rest of the parts not just the cpu. It's an easy boost if done properly but might leave you without a pc for a while if you don't know what you're doing.

Thankyou very much ,

The only problem is that if I overclock the cpu or gpu then when I send msinfo they automatically say the game does not support overclocking and won't help until i revert to stock values.