Economic Changes in Patch 1.1.5

CourtneyWoods

There is no lore reason for a sith to not be able to use green/blue. There also is no lore reason why a trooper can't wear some freaking bounty hunter gear (pissed me off while doing armormech). You guys can cry all day about your identity being destroyed but you were the ones that associated the colors with alignment. The devs did a lot of research and I am really surprised that they bothered putting the alignment restrictions on them in the first place.

I still want to know why I, as a trooper, can't wear a bounty hunter suit.... am I allergic to it? Do bounty hunters have only one arm and I have no where to put mine... ?

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My former slave, Light IV Sorcerer uses a Red Lightsaber at the moment........

There's plenty of sabers out there without alignment restrictions that allow a light/dark character to use what some people would consider to be... the wrong color.

I don't see alignment restrictions to be a problem, if you want a certain color Lightsaber bad enough you will find a way to get one.

Oh and BTW, Light Side Sith..... most fun I've had so far!

Not an accident that you can do it, they wrote the story to fit....

if you choose to go that way.

I have just hit 50 and have not yet bought my level 3 license. Since I paid the full price for the level 1 and 2, I would hate to think I would have to pay even more on top of the 300k plus it costs me right now for my tier 3 .

So will those that have bought the level 1 and 2 already but not yet their 3 either get the 3 at the current price or see some type of a refund? I see several others asking the same q.

Thank you kindly!

There are so many damn buggs in this game why aren't they doing more to fix these issues first? I am all up for new content but please fix some of this annoying bugg crap!

^^^ Doesn't understand MMO design at all.

There are separate teams dealing with bug and adding content. And not every bug fix is listed in a given patch.

Edited by MasterTankar

Even with the changes

I will still go bio bio slicing while leveling - it is just the easiest, cheapest and most useful route.

may take up an alternative crafting once I hit 50 and get my lvl 50 reusables

or will prob just farm mats and sell them to the millions of crafters who will appear

So basically, if you have alts who still need a level 50 speeder; now is the time to send them some credits so they can store the 'low tax' speeder in their bank :p

I agree with the 100-125-150 speed increase though. 90-100-110 feels rather underwhelming.

Edited by Danakar

By whom exactly was it "much requested"? By those who think they are entitled to every single item and feature of the game regardless of faction?
Nah, it was those people who actually have some knowledge of the fact that lightside/darkside aren't actually connected with lighsaber color at all.

P.S. I can agree that some restrictions should be removed but blue for Sith and red for Jedi? That's just nonsense. Ask your cinematic and lore teams.
Sith can already use blue. Jedi can already use red.

Its intriguing to think of the possibilities that can come with player driven economies. Think about an ingame corporation similar to a real worldone run by a hierarchy of players. Now that would be sweet.One could start their own little ma'n'pa lightsaber mod shops(utilizing and upgraded companion skill).

eh, if by "super rich" you mean "anyone who's been 50 for a couple of weeks" ...

I was interested to note the statistic Georg presented at the Guild Summit that 84% of level 50s have under a million credits in the bank. Maybe the "super rich" aren't as prevalent as some believe...

Its intriguing to think of the possibilities that can come with player driven economies. Think about an ingame corporation similar to a real worldone run by a hierarchy of players. Now that would be sweet.One could start their own little ma'n'pa lightsaber mod shops(utilizing and upgraded companion skill).

Eve Online says hello

There is no lore reason for a sith to not be able to use green/blue. There also is no lore reason why a trooper can't wear some freaking bounty hunter gear (pissed me off while doing armormech). You guys can cry all day about your identity being destroyed but you were the ones that associated the colors with alignment. The devs did a lot of research and I am really surprised that they bothered putting the alignment restrictions on them in the first place.

I still want to know why I, as a trooper, can't wear a bounty hunter suit.... am I allergic to it? Do bounty hunters have only one arm and I have no where to put mine... ?

I have the same issue with Smuggler Gear....

After several months of deliberation, the Republic Senate's Committee on Transportation and Public Safety has passed new regulations that, among other things, adjust the cost of speeder licenses. Once these regulations are signed by the Supreme Chancellor in the coming weeks, prices for Tier I and Tier II speeder licenses across the galaxy are expected to see a significant decline. To help offset the loss of revenue generated by these licenses, taxes on all models of Tier III speeders will be significantly increased once the new regulation takes effect.

This has been mentioned by a few folks in this 58-page long thread, but just wanted to add my 2-cents into the mix. I am one of those players that have wife/kids/job/etc, so while I play very regularly, my main is still only lvl 47 and I don't have large blocks of time available to run high-level content. I play lots of alts and play with the crewskills quite a bit. I just recently bought Tier II training and Tier II speeder, and nearly went broke. While the rate of credit intake from quests/killing is fair, it's hard for me to accumulate large amounts of credits while dealing with skill training and crewskill expenses, especially with the skewed economy on my server. I would really appreciate some sort of credit or refund for those who have fully invested in Tier I/Tier II speeder training and are not yet maxed if it's going to be severely discounted. I do have a couple alts that have Tier I also, and a couple that will be ready for it shortly.

I am a huge Bioware fan, and I love that player feedback appears to be read and responded to by the developers. I really appreciate that their approach to the game has been advertised as supporting casual players as well as hardcore end-game players, and I hope that they will take this under advisement when making this change.

Anytime a player begins a post with, "I'm a casual player...", it should be immediately disregarded by developers.

MMOs are not for casual players.

They require huge time sinks, sometimes lasting several years.

Casual players should stick to Single Player RPGs.

When I feel like playing an RPG but I know I won't have time for a serious commitment, I either craft/gather on my MMO toons or I play a single player RPG. I don't go to MMO forums and QQ the devs into simplifying the game to fit my lifestyle and limitations.

Casual players.

Greed developers.

QQ players.

All ruin MMOs.

Ok so I am an Australian player. I have been playing only a little prior to the Australian release. I made a new character on the local servers and I have some on American servers. So I gather that these speeders that are being talked about are speeders that have been there since the start and aren't being removed from the game but are being removed from vendors?

So my question is this, I don't have a character anywhere near max level, and what if I wanted to buy some of the speeders? Apparently now I can't? Unless I want to try and get them off the galactic market? Seems a bit off to me. Australian players have literally only been playing for a week? A week! How are there supposed to be any available on those servers at all? I think this is a bit off to say the least.

Also on an unrelated note, I want to be able to buy a physical security key! I have a modern android phone, that won't allow me to install the app in my country, not won't install on my phone (which is a Sony xperia x10), won't install in my country, and also all the problems that seem to come with the app anyway, but not being able to secure my account and access the security vendor is getting a bit old. But I am willing to wait. I also couldn't phone the Australian customer support number, it just wouldn't connect me no matter what I did.

There my problems out there, but really I am loving this game, please keep making it better and better. :)

Thanks.