Light Armor Question

BlackUnitXX

Sorry I'm really noob at this, but I have this JK and IA and it seems that they are wearing medium armor...Is there a way to wear LIGHT ARMORS? because it seems that I like light armors more and I'm not sure how to wear them because everytime I drag my mouse on those light equips they're in red.

THANKS!

wearing less armor than what your character wears would gimp you and make you EXTREMELY SQUISHY. you would die if someone farted in your direction

=bad idea

That is kind of an over statement really. If you put all light armor pieces on a heavy armor wearing character, you would reduce your mitigation from damage about 10% (5% for medium armor wearing characters). If you are doing PvP or tanking heroics, it's an issue. Otherwise, not really that big a deal for just knocking around doing solo stuff. People will wear PvP gear for PvP anyways, and raid gear for raids.

But the point is kind of moot, as they are adding in medium and heavy variants of the orange light armor sets in 1.2.

OP, yes, you can, but keep in mind that unless it is orange modable gear, you can't get the stats right on light armor for your needs. For orange modable gear, put the correct mods and and all you are down is the damage mitigation in light armor.

Now, one should remember that pretty much all light armor comes with willpower as its main stat, which is completely useless to a IA and almost useless to JK, so don't wear any non-custom light armor.

Now if you have modifiable light armor and remove all the willpower mods in it and put mods with correct stats for the class you're playing (ie strength for JK and cunning for IA) then the only thing you would loose by wearing it, is some survivability. Now if you let someone else tank for you or use a tank companion then it is not quite as big of a deal.

But still not recommended.

Now if you ever want to do some hardmode end game content, you really should wear correct gear for your class, and not fool around in light armor with classes that should not wear light armor.

Not many people would want you in their group if you don't wear what your class is supposed to wear.

Sorry I'm really noob at this, but I have this JK and IA and it seems that they are wearing medium armor...Is there a way to wear LIGHT ARMORS? because it seems that I like light armors more and I'm not sure how to wear them because everytime I drag my mouse on those light equips they're in red.

THANKS!

In general and without confirming that this is still the case because it has been several months since I checked this, yes an armour-wearing class can wear armours which are lighter than their usual. If you check in your Abilities tab (P by default), you will see a Passive ability for each armour type you can wear.

If you are resticted from wearing the armour, there are a number of possible causes that I can think of, plus probably other issues - it is already bound to someone else, you do not meet the level requirements for the armour, it is specifically for your companion, or you really cannot wear lighter armours (assuming I am wrong in my initial statement... it does happen, frequently).

• 2 weeks later...
Im a BH and because I dont really like the way most of the gear for my class looks, so ive modded both sets of the lvl 40 Sith warrior gear. I do die a tiny bit faster with the medium armour on in pvp but not so much that I wouldn't wear it, the drop in survivability is pretty small IMO if your just doing PVP/PVE for fun but still wanna look bad a** :D

Im a BH and because I dont really like the way most of the gear for my class looks, so ive modded both sets of the lvl 40 Sith warrior gear. I do die a tiny bit faster with the medium armour on in pvp but not so much that I wouldn't wear it, the drop in survivability is pretty small IMO if your just doing PVP/PVE for fun but still wanna look bad a** :D

If you're wearing Sith Warrior Medium gear, there is usually a heavy equivalent with the same look for Juggernauts who wear heavy.

Some light armor may have Social requirements or be class-specific.

Otherwise, he'd be able to wear them just fine. That's the whole point to Light armors- they're what Bioware uses for "costume" gear for everyone who doesn't default to light armor anyway.