A suggestion for the Oceanic servers

Elarion

So in case BW didn't notice, there is a massive *****torm about many of the issues but I, whilst still whinging, also have a solution:

When we can transfer, transfer all the characters to a new Server. That way we are likely to keep out names rather than loosing out to a rank 1 placeholder and we don't screw up the economy of a new server or anything like that.

You may still get duplicates of names but the vast majority of the Asia pacific players rolled on Swiftsure or Harbinger and would likely go to a PVP or PVE server again.

If I loose out a name to someone else who also managed to get in early at launch and reserve the same character name then fair enough. Loosing out to a placeholder because the servers went up early is just plain frustrating though.

I doubt the team working on it would even know how to do something like that.... Do you see how long even the smallest fix's take?? This is what happens when you've never built an mmo before...

Blizzard hasn't fixed vanish in 7 or 8 years of WoW, so I doubt bioware can break that record just yet.

It would work though, seriously if the population is steady on the current servers why not just hold off on any new servers until they are ready to transfer. They would just not have to make the servers public until the transfers have gone through. Hell they could even allow people to transfer to them from the current Asia Pacific servers after that so we can play with friends who got the game later.

So in case BW didn't notice, there is a massive *****torm about many of the issues but I, whilst still whinging, also have a solution:

When we can transfer, transfer all the characters to a new Server. That way we are likely to keep out names rather than loosing out to a rank 1 placeholder and we don't screw up the economy of a new server or anything like that.

You may still get duplicates of names but the vast majority of the Asia pacific players rolled on Swiftsure or Harbinger and would likely go to a PVP or PVE server again.

If I loose out a name to someone else who also managed to get in early at launch and reserve the same character name then fair enough. Loosing out to a placeholder because the servers went up early is just plain frustrating though.

great idea do this