Be honest with me: IA Operative (dps) or Bounty Hunter for PvP?

Cruces

I've been playing Republic since launch.

I want to take a walk on the wild side and try Empire.

I've narrowed it down to IA Operative (dps) or Bounty Hunter.

I enjoy PvP and will spend a lot of time here.

I'm leaning toward the IA, but have a feeling it's gonna suck.

Should I stick with a IA, or go Bounty Hunter for a more enjoyable experience?

I've been playing Republic since launch.

I want to take a walk on the wild side and try Empire.

I've narrowed it down to IA Operative (dps) or Bounty Hunter.

I enjoy PvP and will spend a lot of time here.

I'm leaning toward the IA, but have a feeling it's gonna suck.

Should I stick with a IA, or go Bounty Hunter for a more enjoyable experience?

If you want to play unorganized PVP, then IA or BH are both good, if you want to play organized PVP, forget about IA and get BH or Sorc.

Ia has a chance against unorganized people, but if you want to play any serious PVP, IA just sucks.

Edited by GengisKahn

BH PvP is much easier than IA Operative, with both the Vanguard and Merc having easier rotations and a faster path to effectiveness, plus probably more overall utility.

Operatives are, in my opinion at least, a bit more fun to play though. The simple BH rotations tend to lead me to a false sense of security, and I inevitably faceplant myself in one of a number of ways. With the Operative, I know that I have to be pretty focussed on the fight, so it does not happen as much.

But you probably have a better attention span than I do (Goldfish > me in that sense), so it might not be as much of a problem.

I have both, level 50 valor rank 50+.

They are good, but powertech bh is by far a more solid choice.

Well equiped can have good chances against all classes in the game, got a good set of tools to help in wz's and mass pvp, a good surviability and the carolina pareeket spec that combos a sustained dps with tanking people.

The problem is that the gameplay (at least for me) is boring, if you ever played wow it seems a DK, but it has an amazing look and very fun skills.

Operative are ok, you need to get a good gear before doing something in bgz. Got focused = dead. You can slice light and medium armor, but you'll have a bad time against tanks.

By far is the most interesting story in the game.

IMHO, go powertech.