$39.99???

Liamo

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But but, the game is in great health and all, 2 mill subs and raising amirite?

Inb4 the fanboys dismissing it as a non event.

The same could be said and done about posts like this, too.......soo...

Edited by Jesira

this is actually a growing trend, especially for games on this business model. actual box sales are a tiny percentage of actual profit. bioware only gets something like $8 a box. dropping prices like this gets more subs, which equal more overall profit. cell phones have been working on this very strategy for many years.

Things that go in their Gold Box are items that are selling well and can afford to set it at a lower price. Learn economics people.

Okay, let me get this straight Mr. Economics... My product is selling really well for $50.00, so, I decide to put it on sale for $40.00? How does that make any sense at all? Why would I sell something for less than what people are willing to pay?

Um... sales are usually associated with clearing stock, trying to move items that aren't selling at regular prices.

Have you ever worked retail? any job?

Okay, let me get this straight Mr. Economics... My product is selling really well for $50.00, so, I decide to put it on sale for $40.00? How does that make any sense at all? Why would I sell something for less than what people are willing to pay?

Um... sales are usually associated with clearing stock, trying to move items that aren't selling at regular prices.

Give away the razor to sell the blades.

To get those who are considering a "buy" but not sure they want to invest at $50, but would consider if the price dropped to $40 to make a purchase.

Lower prices means more purchases. Don't need to work retail. It's called university. Sorry someone not as intelligent as you couldn't get in. Just because there is a sale, doesn't mean that something isn't selling well. Not to mention the sale is only for 24 hours.

Edited by TheOnlyKyrenS

Give away the razor to sell the blades.

Different model all together!

If my product is selling well (quoted from previous poster), I have no reason to discount it. None! That would be the worst business decision ever! Remember, "selling well"! If sales dip, then by all means, let's discount it to draw some interest, if price is the deciding factor.

What you are describing is the Free up to lvl 20 Model that is currently fashionable with some of SW's competitors. Is SW at this point already? I would hope not.

Lower prices means more purchases. Don't need to work retail. It's called university. Sorry someone not as intelligent as you couldn't get in. Just because there is a sale, doesn't mean that something isn't selling well.

If you aren't hitting your sales projections, then by all means, discount it to try and draw business in and boost sales (more sales, lower prices, still possible to hit sales goals). But if I am hitting my sales projections, then there is absolutely no reason to discount my product. Would be very silly to leave money on the table that consumers are willing to spend.

This just in, Amazon sells stuff in their "gold box" at a discount.

^^

this

amazon ALWAYS sells games at lower prices, its called a marketing strategy

actually, here's a video that explains why games on Amazon are usually so much cheaper.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-218-pach-attack/716478?

The question/answer starts at a minute 50 seconds(1:50) into the video. . .

quoted from the video. . .

amazon is a pretty smart company. . .amazon will lose 20 dollars on a game to get you to become an amazon customer. they want your email, your credit card, etc. they will try to make it up by getting you to come back and buy more

He then goes on to compare it to banks that give you 50-100 bucks when you open a checking account with them.

Edited by FourTwent

If you aren't hitting your sales projections, then by all means, discount it to try and draw business in and boost sales (more sales, lower prices, still possible to hit sales goals). But if I am hitting my sales projections, then there is absolutely no reason to discount my product. Would be very silly to leave money on the table that consumers are willing to spend.

Ever think they just might want to offer it for less, for i don't know, just because?