I am never preordering a Bioware product again

kingsab

I think this uber-cautious approach to an MMO launch is ridiculous. I paid $60 just like the people who have gotten access to it already, yet for some reason I have to wait because Bioware is afraid of having a rough launch? Well, too bad, I can see my dollar is not valued amongst Bioware.

I'd prefer everyone have fair access to the game and have intermittent server issues than some "privileged" people getting to play the game 5-6 days before me for no reason other than some stupid "lottery".

Now, I'm pretty much assuming that Bioware is going to give pretty much everyone who preordered in the last couple months one day "early access", just to make sure they live up to their "promise". Gee, thanks Bioware. I love being mislead by saying I'll have early access only to find out that I won't be playing it till one day before launch. It makes me feel like a REALLY valued customer.

my head hurts from playing so much.

close you kiddie mouth for a few seconds and you might notice that dec preorders are already in.

but of course you will never catch up to people like me!

i bet thats what u wanted, ur one of those server first nerds.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

**note: no further time to waste on this reply, Servers are back up & I'm about to ding 20 on Balmora- say "Hi" to the hippies ruining downtown at the occupy site for me!

Servers are-... Nope, just checked, they're all offline unfortunately. Why'd you get my hopes up like that?

I think this uber-cautious approach to an MMO launch is ridiculous. I paid $60 just like the people who have gotten access to it already, yet for some reason I have to wait because Bioware is afraid of having a rough launch? Well, too bad, I can see my dollar is not valued amongst Bioware.

I'd prefer everyone have fair access to the game and have intermittent server issues than some "privileged" people getting to play the game 5-6 days before me for no reason other than some stupid "lottery".

Now, I'm pretty much assuming that Bioware is going to give pretty much everyone who preordered in the last couple months one day "early access", just to make sure they live up to their "promise". Gee, thanks Bioware. I love being mislead by saying I'll have early access only to find out that I won't be playing it till one day before launch. It makes me feel like a REALLY valued customer.

Bioware cannot be held accountable for your own incompetence.

Please take this opportunity to redirect the blame to yourself.

Thank you.

Thats in the past though those tactics have changed.. Origins was wrapped up so long ago... and my previous statement EA Los Angeles which is now there HQ but its outside of LA actually =P Was formerly Westwood Studios ... EA is leaving Bioware.. and no not everyupcoming EA title has bioware on it... MAdden wont, Tiger woods definately wont.. lol

oh all sports EA Sport is major division.. ok then... Kingdoms of Amalar well thats a major release title from EA thru 38 studios... not bioware...

As for your recent games assessment.. lol .. you havent played in the beta weekend yet then.. this is classic KOTOR gameplay.. in a mmo setting with AMAZING story depth... 2.5 million pages of pure story was imbedded in this game... Leo Tolstoys War & Peace is only like 700,000 pages... and thats like the biggest book ever! and most boring =P

Um, I happened to be a general tester and played for months in beta, right up to the last day.

I also did not mention ToR outside of the inevitable overpriced cash shop incoming.

Edited by Zorvan

Everything was known since preorders started. I bet if you were amongs those who got on day one you would fully support staggering. Should have waited longer with preorderiing.....

They said you could get UP TO FIVE DAY for preordering if you preorder fast.

If you cant play now its cause you preordered on the 7 to 15 dec, and you still get 4 DAY.

You preordered in the last week before early access and you lose only 1 day?

I preordered dec 8 and i never though i would get 4 day of early access.

1. There is no such thing as a "pre-order fee".

Yeah that's why it physically states "Pre-order fee" on the receipt. I've had this argument on another thread already with a bunch of moany kids so not going to get into it here. But word for word it called it a "Pre-order fee" Make of it what you want and move on.

They said you could get UP TO FIVE DAY for preordering if you preorder fast.

If you cant play now its cause you preordered on the 7 to 15 dec, and you still get 4 DAY.

You preordered in the last week before early access and you lose only 1 day?

I preordered dec 8 and i never though i would get 4 day of early access.

^^this

OP: Like many of the people mentioning on here, it is a first come first serve basis. They don't owe you anything for pre-ordering their game but they chose to give you goodies and early access for your pre-order any way whether you deserve it or not. I was in the group of people who were the first to pre-order and there for got in to early access right away. I also pre-ordered the collectors edition, does that mean Bioware should let me play when ever I feel like because I payed more money than every one else? No. I find nothing wrong with what Bioware did, they delivered on their promise of early access weather it's 5 minutes or 5 days. I actually thought I wasn't going to get to play until the 15th but Bioware impressed me by making it the 13th.

Now please if you're going to continue to ***** about Bioware or this game, PLEASE quit this game and go back to playing with your Pandas in Pandaland. All you're doing is ruining every one elses wonderful experience. Go back to Blizzard and be apart of just how well they treat their loyal customers. This go to every one else who continues to ***** about how Bioware doesn't cater to their every waking need just because you're about to purchase their game.

Yeah that's why it physically states "Pre-order fee" on the receipt. I've had this argument on another thread already with a bunch of moany kids so not going to get into it here. But word for word it called it a "Pre-order fee" Make of it what you want and move on.

A better term for it would be Pre-order Deposit. :cool:

OP: Go back to your "occupy" protest site. Seriously, you sound just like those idiots, who let hard working folks with vision & drive do all the work, lay the groundwork for society & then whine about you not getting your "fair share".

Suck it up & take what you justly deserve. Didn't get off the couch in time to preorder on day one? Guess you won't be playing on day one. Didn't pay $150.00 for the CE? Guess you won't receive all the "extras" that the CE provides.

I was at the store the day the game was available for preorder. Redeemed my code as soon as I got home. I waited patiently and got to play during the beta testing phase. I provided feedback to the development team to help improve the game (for YOU). I got my early access invite on the first wave of emails.

Do I feel somewhat privileged for all this? NO. Am I thankful for my effort paying off? ABSOLUTELY. Do I think you "deserve" all the same advantages for no effort?

**note: no further time to waste on this reply, Servers are back up & I'm about to ding 20 on Balmora- say "Hi" to the hippies ruining downtown at the occupy site for me!

This has nothing to do with politics, leave it out.

And for the record, I pre-ordered a digital copy, as I didn't trust Bioware to get me a physical copy when promised, which looks like it was a good idea.

I guess I should be glad I'll be able to play it at least on release day and not have to wait 5+ days for my physical copy to arrive?

i got the physical yesterday. and all that BS about not getting in. well. pre-order sooner or wait in line.

Edited by jannickj

A better term for it would be Pre-order Deposit. :cool:

See that's the thing. No such charge was stated when I pre ordered Bettlefield 3 so it begs the question IS it a deposit. Only way to know is release day and if the charge dissapears from orders there after.

See that's the thing. No such charge was stated when I pre ordered Bettlefield 3 so it begs the question IS it a deposit. Only way to know is release day and if the charge dissapears from orders there after.

The pre-order deposit you paid will be subtracted from the game's price at point of sale.