Almost at level 50 wondering if I should respec

ZackAlklazaris

I don't want to do this too often so I thought I would post my build here and see if most people think I'm on the right track.

I'm trying to go for damage. So I've sunk everything into crits and surge.

Right now I'm level 48 so all my gear is still things I picked up. I'm sitting at

Force

Bonus Damage: 304.6

Critical Chance: 25.24%

Critical Multiplier: 60.11%

http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/sorcerer/12/?build=030000000000000000000000000003231122112001201300005000100302000200000000000000000000

I am honestly sort of learning what everything does. Do you have any recommendations? What should I gun for after I reach 50? What sort of stems should I use? (as of now I use none) Anything else would be helpful.

Thanks guy, hate to be all bouncy n00b.

I don't want to do this too often so I thought I would post my build here and see if most people think I'm on the right track.

I'm trying to go for damage. So I've sunk everything into crits and surge.

Right now I'm level 48 so all my gear is still things I picked up. I'm sitting at

Force

Bonus Damage: 304.6

Critical Chance: 25.24%

Critical Multiplier: 60.11%

http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/sorcerer/12/?build=030000000000000000000000000003231122112001201300005000100302000200000000000000000000

I am honestly sort of learning what everything does. Do you have any recommendations? What should I gun for after I reach 50? What sort of stems should I use? (as of now I use none) Anything else would be helpful.

Thanks guy, hate to be all bouncy n00b.

I play an Assassin so I can't comment on the build, but I want to add that is way too early at 48 to be worrying about stacking stats when you can't even use the level 49 (highest crafters can make for item mods) gear.

well I pretty much got my answer I turned level 50 before I reached Correllia, so I decided just do quest missions. I did ok up until the last two quests. Now its just total getting my butt kicked and not just a little butt kicking, but A LOT of butt kicking.

I clearly did something wrong somewhere... it shouldn't be this difficult. Its not even a close fight anymore.

Edited by ZackAlklazaris

well I pretty much got my answer I turned level 50 before I reached Correllia, so I decided just do quest missions. I did ok up until the last two quests. Now its just total getting my butt kicked and not just a little butt kicking, but A LOT of butt kicking.

I clearly did something wrong somewhere... it shouldn't be this difficult. Its not even a close fight anymore.

Need to know what you're having trouble with, which comp you're using, more details. A 50 in Corelia should have zero problems.

Need to know what you're having trouble with, which comp you're using, more details. A 50 in Corelia should have zero problems.

Oh its the last story mission on Corellia. "The Duel" with Darth Thanaton. His apprentice Darth Kallous can take me out in 8 well place hits. It took me a while, but if I really buffed myself up I would be fine.

I guess its just one of the things I never really had to do. I did every mission on every planet so I really never had to worry about buffs and stems because I always was 3 levels higher than anything I fought.

This is one of the reasons why I need to know what to do now that I'm level 50. I've never maxed out level before this is all new to me. I did research I heard things like I should use high powered surge stems, lots of crits, and get good "pvp armor" where ever that is.

Edited by ZackAlklazaris

Oh its the last story mission on Corellia. "The Duel" with Darth Thanaton. His apprentice Darth Kallous can take me out in 8 well place hits. It took me a while, but if I really buffed myself up I would be fine.

I guess its just one of the things I never really had to do. I did every mission on every planet so I really never had to worry about buffs and stems because I always was 3 levels higher than anything I fought.

This is one of the reasons why I need to know what to do now that I'm level 50. I've never maxed out level before this is all new to me. I did research I heard things like I should use high powered surge stems, lots of crits, and get good "pvp armor" where ever that is.

You're a sorc right? You're not supposed to be hit 8 times by an elite as a sorc. Try having Khem or Xalek tank the fight and heal him when necessary.

Go do some reading...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=856

Gives spec, gearing, and priority rotation information for all 3 trees for a Sorcerer.

Otherwise, you should be using a tanking companion for encounters - use your bubble, and heal when needed. Make sure that companion has level appropriate gear or they will have issues. If you find the mob you're going against likes to do lots of AOE/Ranged damage, you can opt to use Talos to heal you and you can tank, making sure to use your interrupts as needed. Again, don't forget you have a Bubble - use it.