sexism in the game...

crystalised

hey there,

maybe i am just blind, but why is there a complete "slave girl" outfit available on nar shaddaa, but nothing for boys?

you know there are other people then straight male teenagers playing the game :D

give the girls and the gay guys something to drool over too!

cheers!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

hey there,

maybe i am just blind, but why is there a complete "slave girl" outfit available on nar shaddaa, but nothing for boys?

you know there are other people then straight male teenagers playing the game :D

give the girls and the gay guys something to drool over too!

cheers!

Sexy "Slave girls" are very common in the Star Wars universe. Sexy "Slave boys" not so much.

More then anything, it's a lore-based decision.

Edited by Vassik

so just because Star Wars was concieved in the 70ies and back then designed for just guys having something to ogle over it is supposed to stay like that forever?

That's a question you need to direct at LucasFilms. This isn't BioWare's franchise to alter.

I think a bigger problem is the amount of flirting a male character can do with NPCs compared to a female character.

So far the only female character that can flirt a lot is the female smuggler. All other female characters only get to flirt with their romance companions, more or less (one random flirt with a random NPC once a blue moon doesn't match the amount of times the male characters can do it).

But that flirting dialogue is more sexism. The Slave Girl outfit is called "slave girl outfit". A guy can't be a "slave girl".

Although Bioware could make a slave male equivalent.

Don't give Jennifer Hepler any ideas. Please, I beg of you.

The last thing I want is Aric trying to shove his furry cat-piece down my Male Troopers throat.

ah someone reads the news then jumps on the bandwagon of bw hate..well done.

and as for sexism in the game like the poster above said it is lore based thats about it.

I think a bigger problem is the amount of flirting a male character can do with NPCs compared to a female character.

So far the only female character that can flirt a lot is the female smuggler. All other female characters only get to flirt with their romance companions, more or less (one random flirt with a random NPC once a blue moon doesn't match the amount of times the male characters can do it).

But that flirting dialogue is more sexism. The Slave Girl outfit is called "slave girl outfit". A guy can't be a "slave girl".

Although Bioware could make a slave male equivalent.

second that!

and still lore is no excuse!

second that!

lore is an escuse because if bioware deviates from lore enough you better believe Lucas Arts can and will pull this game and either replace it with something that matches lore, or be done with the mmo world all together.. swg did well. they pulled it down to put this up. if Lucas feels that this game doesnt fit with the lore of the iconic worlds he created he will pull it.. hell hes a stickler for that sorta thing.

so ya..lore is an excuse

second that!

There is also all the comic books and all the crap that "adds" to the "lore". So Bioware could "add" to the canon/"lore".

Lucasarts still would be working closely with the writers so it's not as if Bioware will do anything drastic to the shape of the game lol.

It's not sexist. It's just the way things are.

Women are wired to want to attract, to be physically appealing, to be looked at and desired.

Men are not wired that way. If we had it our way we'd be invisible so we could sneak up on our enemies and destroy them and take what's theirs and make it ours.

Not everything has to be completely equally distributed. There ARE differences. If we are going to enforce total equal distribution among the genders than I declare right here and now that women are no longer allowed to obsess about shoes. Men don't. Women shouldn't either. Be equal. Stop being sexist. Blah blah blah. And get rid of make-up. It's deceiving. And push-up bras. Men don't wear push-up bras. Get rid of push-up bras. And don't say men demand you wear push-up bras, women came up with that to compete with other women, men just benefited.

See? See how ridiculous it is to demand equal distribution of clothing among the genders when there are obvious differences in likes and needs?

Gender equality is about opportunities. It's about voting, equal pay, property rights, marriage rights, etc. It's not about making men dance for you. That's not our thing. That's your thing. You aren't supposed to be looking for guys dressed in a skimpy outfit, you're supposed to be looking for a guy in a tux or a lumberjack or something.

Not too mention, in game I see more women giggling and using the slave girl costume for themselves and their companions than I see males doing so.

It's not sexist. It's just the way things are.

Women are wired to want to attract, to be physically appealing, to be looked at and desired.

Men are not wired that way. If we had it our way we'd be invisible so we could sneak up on our enemies and destroy them and take what's theirs and make it ours..

Gay men?

ok..wow..thats a bit far id wager. lol when and if they put in same sex story arcs are you going to unsub too?

You can opt to not engage in same-sex storylines.

You can't opt to not see the guy with the banana-hammock jumping up and down on top of the mailbox.

See the difference there? :)

You can opt to not engage in same-sex storylines.

You can't opt to not see the guy with the banana-hammock jumping up and down on top of the mailbox.

See the difference there? :)

sure theres a difference but wow.. you have to admit,thats a bit close minded for todays society. and frankly a statement like that makes all the womens statements about the clothes being sexist and them not wanting to see slave girl outfits completely valid..

why should a woman have to see a woman ( someone they are not attracted to) running around half naked if they cant see a man?

really just helps the opposition get what they want in my opnion....

Im against all in game romances to a certain degree; and yeh probably. Honestly I doubt they will though so its all good.

its not like they have same sex romances in their other games...

oh wait.

also, if youre so homophobic that you cant even stand the though of someone being gay in this game (without even directly affecting you) then the problem is on your side, not biowares.

sure theres a difference but wow.. you have to admit,thats a bit close minded for todays society. and frankly a statement like that makes all the womens statements about the clothes being sexist and them not wanting to see slave girl outfits completely valid..

why should a woman have to see a woman ( someone they are not attracted to) running around half naked if they cant see a man?

really just helps the opposition get what they want in my opnion....

Write mr. lucas an angry email. Maybe he will remake the saga for you. Whats important is adhering to the lore. If it is such an issue with you ppl pressure bioware to remove the slave girl outfit rather than implementing a male version. Male sex slaves=i quit, removal of female sex slaves=sure sounds great.

its not like they have same sex romances in their other games...

oh wait.

also, if youre so homophobic that you cant even stand the though of someone being gay in this game (without even directly affecting you) then the problem is on your side, not biowares.

way to get butthurt and blow things out of proportions. *claps