Nerd question about a Galaxy Far Far Away

Toxen

I have a problem with the Core Worlds and the fact that most of the galaxy's population tends to be concentrated around the center of the galaxy. Wouldn't the center of a spiral-type galaxy like Star War's be packed with all kinds of nebula, black holes, quasars, electromagnetic interference, and have so much gravity distortion that it would make space travel very very tricky around those parts?

I have a problem with the Core Worlds and the fact that most of the galaxy's population tends to be concentrated around the center of the galaxy. Wouldn't the center of a spiral-type galaxy like Star War's be packed with all kinds of nebula, black holes, quasars, electromagnetic interference, and have so much gravity distortion that it would make space travel very very tricky around those parts?

I was thinking the same thing. Also, suspension of disbelief.

In the event that the OP is serious, let me endeavor to answer.

Galaxies vary in structure immensely. Some have much more star forming nebula than others, some have greater star densities, etc. In fact, one could probably find conditions around the center of a galaxy, say between spiral arms, that mirror those found in regions farther out.

Also, quasars are galaxies themselves...high energy galaxies...and wouldn't be found near the center of another galaxy.

Finally, electromagnetic forces are rather weak at large distances, and I'd hazard a guess that it wouldn't interfere with a travel technology, warping, that allows one to be in 'hyper space' or outside of normal space.

Edited by Cerion