WoW end is near.

Redsuns_

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be hard for a new MMO to actually hurt WOW. So many have the potential, but most gamers nowadays dont have the patience to see them through.

Few server crashes, lag, or unpolished raiding a week after launch drives them back to WOW.

Edited by Moosestick

The very notation of a WoW killer is an unforeseeable thing.

And it not for the fact I think WoW better that not the case at all I prefer SWTOR far more BUT!

People have sank YEARS into these characters, time and sweat and money into leveling gearing pvping and raiding and so forth to just give up something that has in essence part of your soul is not an easy task.

For that fact alone no MMO will kill WoW, But WoW will die just like EQ did it will slowly fade away as more people go to different mmo be it SWTOR or other, and soon the servers will get smaller till it just a small fanbase like EQ.

Wow end is near? Are you crazy???? This game will be release next week and all the server will be full... 2h of queue??? I wont spend 2h to get inside a server....

Can I have your spot in the line?

And yes, everything to come out in the past 8 years was supposed to be the WoW killer, nothing has come close, and a lot have done terribly.

The very notation of a WoW killer is an unforeseeable thing.

And it not for the fact I think WoW better that not the case at all I prefer SWTOR far more BUT!

People have sank YEARS into these characters, time and sweat and money into leveling gearing pvping and raiding and so forth to just give up something that has in essence part of your soul is not an easy task.

It depends on the level of addiction and value placed on digital items.

My brother would suck start a glock if his mage got deleted.

I've deleted several chars and given away my account several times when i'm done with wow for a bit.

well no other mmo's have had swtors ammount of pre orders and betas and approval rating....geez yall think WoW is gonna last forever? please... WoW is going to get a major injury from swtor's release (plus continual damage from WoW players seeing their friends leave for swtor) and THEN the free guild wars 2 will deal the final death blow. and mists of pandaria might help. Edited by geoffreyromain

After playing for 3 days, i can be sure wow will take a heavy beating from swtor. This game is amazing. Good job bioware.

Thank you on behalf of all mmo players. You bring light and hope to this dark genre. :D

Your just jinxing this game i hope you know.

Everygame that gets called a WOWkiller ends up losing all hype after a few months, so its best not to temp fate.

Plus WOW is the brandname MMO, people will still go to it just because its "THE" mmo, its too big to fail just because of one game.

Still i have great expectations for the future of this game, and i hope bioware stays committed to this game.

It depends on the level of addiction and value placed on digital items.

My brother would suck start a glock if his mage got deleted.

I've deleted several chars and given away my account several times when i'm done with wow for a bit.

This is true, but there are more people with that level of Addiction then people who don't care.

But as I said only thing to slay WoW will be the hands of father time.

I doubt TOR alone will kill WoW. The game is too similar. Similar interface, character roles, MMO cliches, etc. It will take the strength of several good MMOs to kill wow. If Fallout MMO ever comes out or the much rumored Forgotten Realms MMO... then we'll see.

For that fact alone no MMO will kill WoW, But WoW will die just like EQ did it will slowly fade away as more people go to different mmo be it SWTOR or other, and soon the servers will get smaller till it just a small fanbase like EQ.

I agree. Very popular MMORPGs will only die by shooting themselves or from old age. Even then, they can find new life in Free2Play with fees for more like some are doing.

Just the genre difference alone will negate some of the impact.

If anyone is interested, I quit WoW after Cataclysm made everything so instanced I could never group with friends. They had to be at the same point in quests or you couldn't see each other in the open world. And by that time, not many friends were left.

I'll be splitting my time between Rift and SW:TOR.

/sigh.

Nothing is going to "END" WoW other than the slow atrophy of boredom and a declining userbase that ends all MMOs.

Keep in mind, SWG ran for 8 years.

EQ1 is still going

EQ2 is still going

WoW will still keep going.

Its playerbase will fizzle as those player hop to other games or give up the carrot/stick that is MMO's. But no game will outright kill it. A million subscribers is still good for this genre.

WoW will die of old age, a lot of people play games for the novelty of it and space combat and voice acting makes TOR looks new and different and WoW look just that much older.

( or it will when they get around to fleshing out space combat and adding a more lines of dialogue for the player characters, cause right now you hear the same ten lines over and over again on the side quest conversations.

Edited by Stantz

My personal opinion is that this game will make a dent in WoW's Numbers but not kill the game. My personal thing is that the only thing that will kill WoW is Blizzard itself by be coming bored of it and moving on which they will probably do eventually. But overall Great game Bioware!

I thought Everquest was never going to die.... after playing it for 8 years I finally walked away and started WoW. Along the way I tried everything looking for the magical feeling I had from EQ. Never found it.

SWG was fun for about 6 months, and I had always thought if they would have gone a different way with the leveling/jedi/holocron business I would of stayed.

Now after 4 years of WoW, star wars is back with a new mmo. Will it kill WoW? Nah, not for a few years if ever. However, I hope wow stays around... less people to junk up my SWTOR servers :cool: