People who ninja for their companions

xhaiquan

Still beating this bucket of glue that used to be a horse I see.

Need = I Need for my current class character to use.

Greed = I want for trash or whatever

Pass = Don't want it.

Before choosing any of these options;

A) Does your Class Character Need that Item? Yes = Need, No = Greed/Pass/Option B

B) Does your Companion/s Need that Item? Yes = Ask if it is OK to Need on Item for your Companion. No = Greed/Pass

This is an MMO, and is supposed to include a feeling of Community, do not #### on your neighbors lawn. They will remember you for it and secrets never remain secret. The inherent Blacklist of a server used to work wonders, before the plea of LFD and anonymity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still beating this bucket of glue that used to be a horse I see.

Need = I Need for my current class character to use.

Greed = I want for trash or whatever

Pass = Don't want it.

Before choosing any of these options;

A) Does your Class Character Need that Item? Yes = Need, No = Greed/Pass/Option B

B) Does your Companion/s Need that Item? Yes = Ask if it is OK to Need on Item for your Companion. No = Greed/Pass

This is an MMO, and is supposed to include a feeling of Community, do not #### on your neighbors lawn. They will remember you for it and secrets never remain secret. The inherent Blacklist of a server used to work wonders, before the plea of LFD and anonymity.

Couldn't agree more! If people really need it for their companion, they should ask! - one other alternative is to group up and take a "companion" run where all the drops are for the companions.

I haven't slipped yet...and if you don't care to join me, then stop wasting our time in this thread.

Your post was a slippery slope fallacy.

People are here to discuss the many aspects involved in loot distribution.

Maybe you should start doing so yourself, in that case.

People who ninja for their companions are just selfish and wont listen to reason in the first place. There is no way to justify it.

As been stated before, you cannot ninja anything when using the N/G system. The people who label others as "selfish" aren't exactly listening to reason, either, if you're going to claim everyone else isn't listening to reason.

Edited by terminova

Your post was a slippery slope fallacy.

Maybe you should start doing so yourself, in that case.

As been stated before, you cannot ninja anything when using the N/G system. The people who label others as "selfish" aren't exactly listening to reason, either, if you're going to claim everyone else isn't listening to reason.

That's like saying you can never crash your car going 65 on the freeway , its not a perfect system. You can very well ninja on a need before greed system. Master loot is the only system you can't ninja on unless the master looter ninja's it...

Probably been said several times in this thread so far but it's quite simple really; either ask if you can need for companion or just state that you will need for companion before you roll.

either way your intention is clear and the others in the group can react accordingly. if this system annoys you join a decent guild and do guild runs or wait until lvl 50 when you do ops and the loot is auto-assigned or master looter anyway. quit QQ'ing.

If you are rolling for an item its fair. Thats the point of the roll. If everyone rolls greed and you roll need, then I guess you wanted it more for whatever reason.

If im in a group, everyone rolls greed on an item and I want it for whatever reason, and I pick need. I would just assume that since they didnt roll need they didnt want it that much.

This is the point of the roll system.

If im with BH's and they roll need on a lightsaber that they cant use, and I roll need as well, if I dont get it, its still fair cuz we rolled.

Just cuz they cant use it doesnt mean they cant benefit from it. You all rolled, and the winner was randomly chosen.

How is this not fair?

I dont follow any made up rules. If they put it in the rules that you can only roll need on items that YOUR CHARACTER can use then I'll do that.

This thread is just a QQ that everyone wont follow your altered rules of fairness.

A dice roll is ultimate fairness.

There should be 4 options

Need - ( for myself )

Want - (for my companion )

Greed - ( to sell )

Disassemble or Pass ( whichever is appropriate )

Yes those would work nicely as long as:

Need - (only classes that can use and has the correct primary stat as the item can roll)

Want - (only if you have a companion that can use and has the correct primary stat as item can roll)

That's like saying you can never crash your car going 65 on the freeway
No, saying that it's not possible to ninja is not like saying saying that you can't crash a car going 65 on the freeway

It's not possible to ninjaloot in this game; it is possible to crash your car going 65 on the freeway.

You can very well ninja on a need before greed system.
Nope; the only person who can loot the item is the one who wins it. It's not possible for anyone else to loot it.

Master loot is the only system you can't ninja on unless the master looter ninja's it...
If you give someone the power to decide who gets to loot the item, and he awards it to someone, and that person gets the item... that's not ninja looting... Edited by ferroz

• 3 weeks later...
You could always use the word correctly, instead of incorrectly. I mean, sure you can add all of that other stuff on top of it, but calling a tail a leg doesn't make it so.

What you said is an insult to your own intelligence. That is a throw away statement. "Well if you want to be wrong, then okay." That is one of the most immature forms of arguing, congratulations on choosing to use that method.

You define fair as OBJECTIVE. I define fair as SUBJECTIVE. Fair does typically have some objective elements to it, but it will also always have subjective elements. In any reasonable definition or example of fair that you can give I will show you how there is a subject element to it. I am fine leaving this conversation with "we disagree on a fundamental term" but you seem to be unable to leave it at that. Do you believe that insulting someone just because they disagree with you is mature?

Edited by Laokoon

interesting, necroing a post to reply to something that was old when the thread died...

What you said is an insult to your own intelligence.
No, it's not an insult to anything. It's simply pointing out that you're using the word incorrectly.

You define fair as OBJECTIVE. I define fair as SUBJECTIVE.
No, like I said before:

I'm talking objective fairness; I defined it quite a while back (probably at least a half dozen times in each of these threads): unbiased, impartial, unprejudiced. It's what the word means. If you want to add a bunch of subjective values on top of that, or wax philosophical about it, that's fine... but it's not reasonable to expect other people to agree with your usage of the term at that point.

it's reasonable to expect everyone to agree with the objective definition of the term. THat's the only definition of the term that's useful in this discussion, and that's the one that I'm using .... and since I'm the one that brought the term up to start with, it's more than a little absurd to insist that we pay any attention to the additional subjective nonsense you're trying to heap on the term.

Edited by ferroz

Oh god, this thread again ...

What you said is an insult to your own intelligence. That is a throw away statement. "Well if you want to be wrong, then okay." That is one of the most immature forms of arguing, congratulations on choosing to use that method.

You define fair as OBJECTIVE. I define fair as SUBJECTIVE. Fair does typically have some objective elements to it, but it will also always have subjective elements. In any reasonable definition or example of fair that you can give I will show you how there is a subject element to it. I am fine leaving this conversation with "we disagree on a fundamental term" but you seem to be unable to leave it at that. Do you believe that insulting someone just because they disagree with you is mature?

Why? Seriously ... why? Just, why?

I will explain it to a new player ... one time

after that... if you "need" on something that you are not going to equip on the spot because it is better than what you currently have.

prepare to be booted

Everything else, for your companion, to strip for mods, for your other character, for your wife or friend or what have you, is greed.

I wish they had Need/Want/Greed but until then, this is how it is

Edited by Dayln

I will explain it to a new player ... one time

after that... if you "need" on something that you are not going to equip on the spot because it is better than what you currently have.

prepare to be booted

Everything else, for your companion, to strip for mods, for your other character, for your wife or friend or what have you, is greed.

I wish they had Need/Want/Greed but until then, this is how it is

why is your definition of need better than their definition of need?