Daily commendation vendors, expanded inventory.

Axvil

Currently, commendation vendors sell purple armor plates, hilts, barrels etc, but not enchantments or mods. I know that there is a quest on Ilum and one on Balsavis that gives you mod/enchantment as a reward, but it can be tough to find a group (even just one more person) to help you with those quests..

Especially on Balsavis!

It would be nice if the commendation vendor offered you the purple mods and enchants as well, so with a little bit of determination, people could grind them out.

A little note: You can solo the 4man on Belsavis with a suicide run, as combat doesn't stop you from activating the objective. The only issue is actually getting to the heroic area really.

As for the 5 objective one (inside the phase on the opposite end of the tomb) Shadows/Scoundrels/Assasins/Operatives can also solo that one but it's kind of hard to not die to the Esh'ka that aren't meditating.

I don't know which one gives you a mod though.

I would imagine that there's a reason why those types of mods are absent from the vendor (like maybe you're supposed to get crafted versions)? But if there is no reason, and this is just an oversight then I'd be all for adding more mods to the vendor. IMO, I'd recommend saving up for the Rakata Implants and Earpiece though and try to get the heroics done for the 50 rated mods.

I'm referring to:

A Lesson is Learned (Belsavis, Heroic +2)

A Darkness on Ilum (ilum, Heroic +2)

I'm not a stealth type character, and the one on Belsavis has 2 Champions I cannot solo.

Just spent the last hour sitting around on Belsavis, spamming "LFG" with no luck..

It would be nice if the commendation vendor offered you the purple mods and enchants as well, so with a little bit of determination, people could grind them out.

No way. As someone who's leveled Artifice There shouldn't be ANY purple anythings on this vendor. You want mods, barrels, armorings, enhancements, color crystals, etc... you should get them from other players in purple. Who here thinks it's a good idea to buy a purple armoring from a cybertech'er for thousands, when you can get a BETTER one in a day doing the the dailies? The Hilt is better than I can make. They need MORE reasons to pick up somehting other than Bio not less.

No way. As someone who's leveled Artifice There shouldn't be ANY purple anythings on this vendor. You want mods, barrels, armorings, enhancements, color crystals, etc... you should get them from other players in purple. Who here thinks it's a good idea to buy a purple armoring from a cybertech'er for thousands, when you can get a BETTER one in a day doing the the dailies? The Hilt is better than I can make. They need MORE reasons to pick up somehting other than Bio not less.

Totally this.

Let's get some info on the crew skill changes already. I'm tired of my 400 artifice being completely useless.

Problem is, artificers and cybertechs cannot make mods, plates, hilts etc that are on par with those purple-mods you get on Ilum.

Also, whenever I check the GTM, there are barely any high level (47+) for sale. Though that might be a bit of a Catch-22..

Nonetheless, till BW makes higher level schematics commonly available, the best mods can only be obtained from those 2 quests, which brings me back to the fact that it's near impossible to find people on Belsavis during my regular hours.

The 2 man on Belsavis can be soloed. Just takes a little longer.

Im not sure what server you are on, but I see people asking all day long for a group to do the 2 man. I never see people ask more than once. And if I am doing it, sure enough I will see that person and one or two more people in their group heading for the entrance.

Join a guild that plays at the same time as you. The quest takes all of 10 minutes. I and others in my guild go help people do it all the time, all they have to do is say they are heading there in guild chat when they log in. Even if we have already done it, we go because it is super fast and easy and helps the guild grow.