Upgrading Items

KenjiTheBarb

I play a Jedi Knight, but when I go to upgrades stations, all I can upgrade is the light sabre. Can I upgrade other things? I find items that let me do it..

Also, when I got a 2nd lightsabre, it says "modifications unidentifiable" on the Upgrade Screen, so I do not know if the upgrade will increase/decrease the weapon stats. ANy idea what to do here?

thanks

only certain items can be modified. Those items have "mod slots" and are usually have orange or purple names and borders around their icons. If you look at your light sabers, one will list the parts of the weapon that can be upgraded (hilt, crystal, mod, enhancement) and the attributes of the items currently equipped in those slots, the other saber will simply have a list of fixed attributes.

only certain items can be modified. Those items have "mod slots" and are usually have orange or purple names and borders around their icons. If you look at your light sabers, one will list the parts of the weapon that can be upgraded (hilt, crystal, mod, enhancement) and the attributes of the items currently equipped in those slots, the other saber will simply have a list of fixed attributes.

This ^

You can only modify those items that actually have mod slots. Also, don't use mod tables, they are currently pointless. Just hold Ctrl and right-click the item to open the mod interface from which you can then easily add mods to an item by right-clicking them from your inventory. Note, this will overwrite and delete mods already in the item, so remove them first (this will cost you credits) if you really want to keep them for something.

*Edited because my brain wasn't working :)

Edited by Darthshnooky

Also a tip. Go in Preferences>User Interface and under Tooltip there'll be an option that goes something like "enable detailed comparison" or something like that. That will show you all of your mods (if there are any) on an item when you hover over them with your mouse.

Otherwise pretty much what the others said. Don't use crafting tables cause they are useless. Ctrl+R Click works just as fine. And only items that are Custom (aka Orange) can be modified and also Rare items (purple) can be modified to some degree.

Edited by dosadnik

There are some rare green companion items that can be modded.

the easiest way to tell is when you look at an item it will show you "slots" like

Bracer of cool looking item

Armor (36)

-Strength +20

-Endurance+14

Mod (33)

-Strength +10

-Endurance+25

Enhancement (30)

-Endurance+20

or something similar.

If you see an item

Bracer of cool looking but not moddable

-Strength +20

-Endurance +35

-Alacrity +20

I hope that helps.

Edited by Sasheria

There are some rare green companion items that can be modded.

the easiest way to tell is when you look at an item it will show you "slots" like

Bracer of cool looking item

Armor (36)

-Strength +20

-Endurance+14

Mod (33)

-Strength +10

-Endurance+25

Enhancement (30)

-Endurance+20

or something similar.

If you see an item

Bracer of cool looking but not moddable

-Strength +20

-Endurance +35

-Alacrity +20

I hope that helps.

Modifiable Bracers and Belts lack an enhancement slot, actually [/nitpick]

Just to prevent any confusion on the newbie's part when they find such an item (Modifiable Bracers and Belts are a pain in the butt to find).

Modifiable Bracers and Belts lack an enhancement slot, actually [/nitpick]

Just to prevent any confusion on the newbie's part when they find such an item (Modifiable Bracers and Belts are a pain in the butt to find).

good point ;)

That was my wishful thinking.

Change

Bracer of cool looking to Chest Armor of Awesomesauce ;)